5AD2 Region 3 Favorite

Guest Aledoalumni

Vote!  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which team in R3 do you consider the favorite?

• Marshall
    • A&M Consolidated
    • Fort Bend Marshall
    • Huntsville
    • Other

Yes, 7-0 game with FB Marshall involved is crazy.  But their stud Achane is now at ATM and the QB is at Arkansas.  They always reload with track stars but may need some time to get it together.  Defense should be good but lots of unknowns at this point.  Can’t really put them at #1 in this region until we see more.  

Guest Aledoalumni
2 hours ago, Eazy said:

Yes, 7-0 game with FB Marshall involved is crazy.  But their stud Achane is now at ATM and the QB is at Arkansas.  They always reload with track stars but may need some time to get it together.  Defense should be good but lots of unknowns at this point.  Can’t really put them at #1 in this region until we see more.  

I agree. Whats tough is the district they are in wont provide much competition. We will have to wait until playoffs to see how they really are. 

Guest Aledoalumni

Updated best guess

w9 Texarkana / f10 Fulshear
r12 Barbers Hill / t11 Houston Sterling
w10 A&M Consolidated / f9 Whitehouse
r11 Fort Bend Willowridge / t12 Port Neches-Groves
w11 Fort Bend Marshall / f12 Kingwood Park
r10 Huntsville / t9 Longview Pine Tree
w12 Crosby / f11 Houston Waltrip
r9 Marshall / t10 Bryan Rudder

Yall would be able to predict the teams in this region better than I would so if yall suggest different rankings/teams I will listen.

Guest Aledoalumni
1 minute ago, Eazy said:

In dist 10, I would think one of the Montgomery schools would get in over Fulshear.  Huntsville’s next 3 games are CE King, Rudder, and A&M so we’ll know more soon for this district.  A&M no way a clear #1.  This should be a competitive race.  

I havent seen them play but apparently Huntsville has a very good defense this year. 

25 minutes ago, Aledoalumni said:

I havent seen them play but apparently Huntsville has a very good defense this year. 

Yea, their D-Line is again one of the best around and will keep them in every game.  Offense needs some work still but has a chance to be pretty good.  

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Aledoalumni

Updated best guess: 

w9 Texarkana / f10 Lake Creek
r12 Barbers Hill / t11 Houston Sterling
w10 Huntsville / f9 Marshall
r11 Fort Bend Willowridge / t12 Port Neches-Groves
w11 Fort Bend Marshall / f12 Nederland 
r10 A&M Consolidated / t9 Whitehouse
w12 Crosby / f11 Galena Park
r9 Longview Pine Tree / t10 Montgomery 

I don’t think this region is going to be very competitive this year? FB Marshall just allowed their first points of the year last week to Austin and hold a 322-6 scoring advantage over their six opponents to date. Their starters haven’t even played into the second half after the first game of the season against Elkins. I think they’re the best 5A team in Houston and that’s saying a lot considering I believe the Foster vs Manvel regional final winner will play Denton Ryan for the state title in D1. 

I don’t think A&M Con. is as good as some of their teams the past couple of years but the way Huntsville mauled them was still pretty impressive. They remind me a lot of the Ennis team that beat Cedar Park for the title in ‘14. They’re probably the most physically imposing 5A team in the region besides Foster. 

Guest Aledoalumni
2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I don’t think this region is going to be very competitive this year? FB Marshall just allowed their first points of the year last week to Austin and hold a 322-6 scoring advantage over their six opponents to date. Their starters haven’t even played into the second half after the first game of the season against Elkins. I think they’re the best 5A team in Houston and that’s saying a lot considering I believe the Foster vs Manvel regional final winner will play Denton Ryan for the state title in D1. 

I don’t think A&M Con. is as good as some of their teams the past couple of years but the way Huntsville mauled them was still pretty impressive. They remind me a lot of the Ennis team that beat Cedar Park for the title in ‘14. They’re probably the most physically imposing 5A team in the region besides Foster. 

I agree A&M might not be as good as these past two seasons. Still think FBM will be a tough out. Huntsville vs Texarkana will be a really good game. Definitely leaning Huntsville though. 

They arent R3 but you have any thoughts on Liberty Hill? 

On 10/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, Eazy said:

In dist 10, I would think one of the Montgomery schools would get in over Fulshear.  Huntsville’s next 3 games are CE King, Rudder, and A&M so we’ll know more soon for this district.  A&M no way a clear #1.  This should be a competitive race.  

Huntsville already beat A & M consolidated