sampere out for year?

bigdog77

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sullivan got hurt and Barbay came along, in 2001 Delage ot hurt and we were introduced to Dean, and in 2003 Dean got hurt and Hood emerged. As unfortunate as these past events were, hopefully Bellow can produce in the face of adversity.

The difference is, with all of those teams, there was somewhat of a QB controversy in Nederland.  Everyone knew we had two starting caliber QB's on the roster & Neumann just had to make a choice.  I am not knocking the back-ups because quite frankly, I don't know anything about them.  All I am saying is that for the 2007 season, Sampere was the man at QB and as far as I know, there was not a highly touted back-up waiting in the wings.  For the record, I hope that we do have a diamond in the rough just waiting for his chance in the spotlight. 

Guest b-a-g fan

Nederland has a junior with a strong arm who didnt come in last night . who knows with a strong arm he can hook up with #1 or #21 deep in the spread but he better be able to scramble . Any way nobody thought they would put it to brehnam like they did and yes even though they won by one point befor zampere went out and the moral dropped they wer putting on a clinic to the number two ranked team in the state :)

Guest 87CRU79

Maybe because Nederland already had a very good RB in the game who had absolutely no run blocking. Why waste time w/ a so-so RB who wouldn't be able to do anything wo/ any blocking.

im surprised they put in Kirby Bellow over Jordan Landry who was the number 3 QB last year (behind Moshier and Sampere ofcourse) in reference to the lack of the running game vs. Brenham I agree but even GREAT RB's have to have some sort of blocking to get yards I totally disagree with the idea that Roy is a quote unquote so-so RB he'll change your mind once he gets time at RB

Guest 87CRU79

Bass is the most talented RB on the team, he makes his reads, knows when to cut back, and fights for yards. Roy is raw, the kid tries to break the ball outside every time he gets the ball. This isn't freshman Thursday night football where you can take it to the outside all of the time. Inside runs are designed to be hit inside, Roy needs to sit back and learn to play football the way it supposed to be played.

Guest 87CRU79

Yes he is, he really wasn't even supposed to play last night, but he bit the bullet. He blocked very well, but the blocking was never there on running plays. With a whole week of practice he should be ready to bring it to Forest Brook.

i see my post was deleted. i'll try again.

i hate to see that kid go down. i hope he is able to come back. without him ned. is lost.

however,if he's out,no playoffs for the puppies ;D ;D ;D

Ya know, it almost seemed sincere . . . till I got to the last line with the triple super-smilies.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder