Opinions

Guest EagleFan01

Guest EagleFan01

Let me get some opinions of this topic: Coach's kids playing over other kids when the other kid is better. But the coach's kid gets the start, me personally I don't think that is right at all.

.................Coach's kids playing over other kids when the other kid is better. But the coach's kid gets the start, me personally I don't think that is right at all.

I can't think of anyone that would believe that a player that is not as good should play because of who he is related to. This should be a very short thread.

Guest EagleFan01

No this is going on in Newton and alot of people are not happy about it.... I was at the scrimmage last night and there was alot of the fans in the bleachers talking about it.... Just thought it would be a good subject to see what other people thought of it... I heard it was going on a few years ago in WOS when Rashid Dennis was there from what I heard he was a better QB than the one starting but he was one of the coach's son's so he was starting don't know how true that is just what I was told by some of the teammates then.

Guest christglorified

you expect me to believe that Curtis Barbay at newton is going to let a less talented kid play just because the kid belongs to someone on his staff??  short answer:  i dont believe it.  Barbay has done many good things in the community of Newton.  he has won multiple championships and been in the playoffs for something like 22 years straight..........he is better than that and if you really think about it you know he is!

Guest ballfan

I wonder if it happens like the coach's son is better but the coach is afraid everyone thinks that the kid is starting because he is related to the coach??

Guest EagleFan01

NO THIS KID IS A LONG WAYS FROM BEING AN ATHLETE, HE HAS NO FOOT WORK DOESN'T BLOCK ANYONE HE JUST NOT ANY GOOD AT ALL.... I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT TILL I SEEN IT LASTNIGHT AT THE SCRIMMAGE IM TELLING YOU GUYS IT IS BAD.... I'VE KNOWN COACH BARBAY ALL MY LIFE AND HE WILL LET THAT GO YOU GUYS JUST DON'T KNOW...... ALSO FOR THE RECORD IT IS NOT THE FAMILY MEMBER'S SAYING THESE THINGS IT IS ALOT OF THE FANS IN THE STANDS.... I DON'T CARE PERSONALLY JUST WANTED TO GET YOUR GUYS OPINION ON IT, JUST WANTED TO SEE IF IT HAS GONE ON ELSEWHERE...

I am sure it goes on..But who is to say that your opinion  is correct and the coaches is wrong? And why are parents in the stands talking about how bad a kids sucks anyway?

Not all the little league coaches that sit in the stands on friday nights know everything they think they know.

I use to listen to my Grandpa holler at the TV screen at Tom Landry about Danny White being the  QB.I dont think ol' Tom gave a rats butt what my grandpa thought

I am sure there is alot of politics that go on.But Coach barbay has been around for 30 plus years.I really dont think he has to please anyone or try to prove himself. And I dont think anyone is going to quiestion his coaching ability.

You dont win state championships by playing the booster club presidents son.you play who you think will give you the best shot at winning.And I believe Coach Barbay is qualified to make those decisions.

Guest BigHam

NO THIS KID IS A LONG WAYS FROM BEING AN ATHLETE, HE HAS NO FOOT WORK DOESN'T BLOCK ANYONE HE JUST NOT ANY GOOD AT ALL.... I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT TILL I SEEN IT LASTNIGHT AT THE SCRIMMAGE IM TELLING YOU GUYS IT IS BAD.... I'VE KNOWN COACH BARBAY ALL MY LIFE AND HE WILL LET THAT GO YOU GUYS JUST DON'T KNOW...... ALSO FOR THE RECORD IT IS NOT THE FAMILY MEMBER'S SAYING THESE THINGS IT IS ALOT OF THE FANS IN THE STANDS.... I DON'T CARE PERSONALLY JUST WANTED TO GET YOUR GUYS OPINION ON IT, JUST WANTED TO SEE IF IT HAS GONE ON ELSEWHERE...

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and think what ever they may. What I don't get is how someone could identify a high school student athlete and bash him on a public forum. You do know that these kids read these forums?

i just think coaches use favoritism period.. politics basically.. whether it be the coach starts a guy because he is older or because of what race he comes from. i see it everyday. im sorry but to any coaches that read this. its not a popularity contest. i mean just look at the texans. its definently not one to them. its about playing who you think will fit the team best.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83