Best quote from a coach to a referee

td

Coach to Ref:  "Son, that is the worst call I have ever seen, how long have you been an official?"

Ref to Coach:  "This is my first time on the field, but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Coach pats offical on the backside and walks off shaking his head with a big grin.

CLASSIC

Coach to Ref:  "Son, that is the worst call I have ever seen, how long have you been an official?"

Ref to Coach:  "This is my first time on the field, but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Coach pats offical on the backside and walks off shaking his head with a big grin.

That's beautiful!!

Best one I ever heard was:

Coach " Ref, that had to be the worst call I have ever seen!!"

Ref " Coach, I was about to say the same thing about that play call you just made."

Coach " Ref, if I promise not to call that particular play the rest of the game, will you promise not to call that penalty the rest of the game."

Ref " Agreed"

Best one I ever heard was:

Coach " Ref, that had to be the worst call I have ever seen!!"

Ref " Coach, I was about to say the same thing about that play call you just made."

Coach " Ref, if I promise not to call that particular play the rest of the game, will you promise not to call that penalty the rest of the game."

Ref " Agreed"

;D

;D

Tim Millis is a retired NFL Official and retired supervisor of Big Twelve Officials.  He is still involved with officiating in some capacity and I had a chance to hear him speak a couple of years ago.  He told a story of time his NFL crew had a game with the Atlanta Falcons when Jerry Glanville was the head coach.  As required before game time, he and another official met with the head coaches of both teams to discuss issues, unusual plays, etc.  According to Tim, the other official that accompanied him was an umpire and not much to look at.  I believe his name was Ralph something or other.  During the pre-game conference with the Falcon coaching staff, Glanville remarked to Ralph that he noticed he got new eye-glasses.  Ralph to his surprise indicated to Glanville that no one else had noticed, not even his wife.  Glanville’s said “I’am not surprised, your bleeping (edited for publication) me more than your bleeping her.†

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder