**FIRST AND SECOND WEEK OF PRACTICE COMMENTS HERE**

what's funny about this thread,is everyone looks good!!! we as h.s. football nuts,are craving football so much to where ol look like they run 4.4's.kinda hard to evaluate right now till the pads get put on. but glad to hear moral is up and eveyone is getting excited. wish my team(s) started today :(

First practice proves which kids worked out all summer and which one's sat on their tail watching tv or playing video games. I don't get too excited until they put the pads on this Friday.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

First practice proves which kids worked out all summer and which one's sat on their tail watching tv or playing video games.

These are the ones that need to be sitting on the bench, too.  ;)

I heard today that 3 seniors were told to leave before they even got on the field because they had missed off season. They are seniors and just wanted to play one last time in high school and they didnt even get to try out....I think its not fair but what do yall think about this?

I think it is fair, if you are not willing to pay the price in the off season, it is not fair to the other kids that did. jmo

I heard today that 3 seniors were told to leave before they even got on the field because they had missed off season. They are seniors and just wanted to play one last time in high school and they didnt even get to try out....I think its not fair but what do yall think about this?

You may think it seems unfair but rules and guidelines have to be made.  I am sorry for these individuals but it's nice to know some ADs stick to their rules.  These are the life lessons that children need to become responsible adults.

Not fair >:(

I agree with you WOS there are rules in life to follow And sometimes our kids are not held responisible for their actions.  So many times I have sit back and watched these same kids get in trouble for drinking and drugs and nothing happen so nothing was learned so kudos for the AD for standing behind the rules.

this is unfair to the fullest!!!! this is high school,not college. for all we know,these kids could have gone away for the summer.had summer school.summer jobs. funny how we baby them when people on this board say"oh,don't talk johnny b. passing game,he's just a 17/18 year old kid" what happend to these three seniors being kids and enjoying the summer. now is the time to work and by week zero if they are not ready then they ride pine.period.

nah its very fair. Coaches put these rules in so kids dont just join the football team to be known as football players. Considering the other kids are working their tales off every offseason and summer and paying the price to get a chance to win on friday. The guys who wanted to play should have saw the light before it was to late

Guest ECBucFan

this is unfair to the fullest!!!! this is high school,not college. for all we know,these kids could have gone away for the summer.had summer school.summer jobs.

Why do you assume a convenient excuse for them?  ::)  I am sure if a legit reason was there, there would be no problem. There are a ton of great kids out there, but don't fool yourself. A few are just downright lazy and/or irresponsible. Real pathway to success? EARN IT.  ;D

I think the offseason he was referring to was in the spring, when they were at school.  I know of kids who quit after football season, miss spring offseason, then try to get back in when two-a-days start.  Most coaches don't let them back on the team.

Even though HJ had a rough year last year, this "cutthroat" decision is the mark of a winning team. Purge the losers, posers and wannabes. If a kid wants to be on the team - really wants to be on the team - he will be there during the offseason (whenever that might be) working to earn it. If the coach hasn't seen your face since you were REQUIRED to be there, then you should at best ride the pine. If there are enough guys to fill a roster without you, then good luck in wood crafts.

You may think it seems unfair but rules and guidelines have to be made.  I am sorry for these individuals but it's nice to know some ADs stick to their rules.  These are the life lessons that children need to become responsible adults.

From personal experience, I don't think its fair at all. I didnt play fresh through junior years in HS because my heart just wasnt in it. I wanted to concentrate on track, and I did. Had track during last period when everyone else was in off season. I was working my butt off too just in a different sport. Then my buds at the end of the junior year convinced me to come play my senior year. I didnt start out 1st on the depth chart, but was given the chance to work my ass of to get there. I did end up starting at TE and ended up with many offers from colleges. So with all that said, I say let them come out, let them compete, If they are good enough and their heart is on competitive fire, Let them help your team be better.

Just my opinion

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124