BestRB to ever come out of your school ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that for Jasper, it's one of three guys...and I'll rank them in this order:

Reggie Davis

Chris Hunt

Jason McQueen

There was another guy in the late 80's that was right up there, but couldn't keep his head on straight and left the team in the middle of his senior year. I don't remember his name though. Anyone know who I'm talking about? He was on that '88 team when QB Fred Hunt was a senior.

Guest ltownbaseball9

ORTIZ FAN YOU MUST NOT KNOW YOUR PLAYERS.............BEST RUNNING BACK TO COME OF LUMBERTON IS TAL LIGHT USE YOUR HEAD BABIN Doesn't COMPARE TO HIM..............

ORTIZ FAN YOU MUST NOT KNOW YOUR PLAYERS.............BEST RUNNING BACK TO COME OF LUMBERTON IS TAL LIGHT USE YOUR HEAD BABIN Doesn't COMPARE TO HIM..............

Tal Light was a good one,I also liked Glen Harrod.He was solid for little guy in a tough district.

I must agree for Lumberton...being an alum....that Tal Light is the best out of Lumberton. The two runners-up (pun intended) are Chris Babin and T.J. Light. The last I heard was Tal is playing for the Colorado Rockies franchise, but that was a while back. It is possible he has since retired.

I would say that for Jasper, it's one of three guys...and I'll rank them in this order:

Reggie Davis

Chris Hunt

Jason McQueen

There was another guy in the late 80's that was right up there, but couldn't keep his head on straight and left the team in the middle of his senior year. I don't remember his name though. Anyone know who I'm talking about? He was on that '88 team when QB Fred Hunt was a senior.

I didn't remember Fred being a senior in 88, but he might have been.  The RB that year was Chris Hunt.  Kid from the mid 90's probably has single season record, but I never can remember his name.  Armstrong was a really quick back that put up good numbers also.

TJ Light wasnt a real RB. he was brought in on short yardage as a blocker are for a short run but he is probably the best player in Lumberton history.

From what ive heard about Herrod is that he was probably the best. Their is also Pee Wee Langham, If Babin would have gotten more carries then I would say he would challange for the top spot. The one game he got any carries at all was Ozen (10 carries for 200+) yards. from what I heard Tal Light was a beast too.

I didn't remember Fred being a senior in 88, but he might have been.  The RB that year was Chris Hunt.  Kid from the mid 90's probably has single season record, but I never can remember his name.  Armstrong was a really quick back that put up good numbers also.

I would definitely have to say Derek Shelton gets honorable mention before Ricky Price in Silsbee. Thats not to say Ricky wasn't good.

Shelton ran for a little over 900 yards his junior year and about 1200 his senior year. Where as Price ran for just over 1,100 his junior year and 1,600 his senior year.

I mentioned Robert Arline as a honorable mention because of him being the best fullback for Silsbee. But, overall Shelton was probably better than Arline.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa