Corrigan-Camden @ Newton

EAGLEFOREVER

On 10/26/2019 at 12:19 PM, Justin06 said:

If you would have read my message I said most if not all it wasn’t a 100 percent statement but even still it was good till halftime then nothing... last night could have been a lot worse....  Every year it’s been the same and will continue to be the same Newton will roll in District by pretty much as much as they want no different hear.

Let’s not get the big head. Let’s stay humble. With that being said, I’m predicting Eagles will roll smoothly this week. 

CC has played four 2A  schools in preseason. Winning two games and losing two games. They beat a weak Kville, New Waverly, and Kountze. They beat an undefeated A Shiro which had played a week schedule. This happens ever year with CC.

Newton is not as good as last year and CC is a little better than last year. It will not be a run the clock second half but Newton will win by 4 TDs.

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

CC has played four 2A  schools in preseason. Winning two games and losing two games. They beat a weak Kville, New Waverly, and Kountze. They beat an undefeated A Shiro which had played a week schedule. This happens ever year with CC.

Newton is not as good as last year and CC is a little better than last year. It will not be a run the clock second half but Newton will win by 4 TDs.

CC was much better last year actually. 

When teams like C Camden and Anderson Shiro plays these weak schedules, it is not to build their team to be a state level team but to get enough wins to protect the coaches job. Anderson Shiro played a pre season schedule of 4 teams from 2A  and a div. 4 Christian school and none of these teams were picked to win their 2A district.

As long; as these school continue to play weak schedules, Newton will not have to worry about them.

If you want to soar with Eagles.............................

7 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

When teams like C Camden and Anderson Shiro plays these weak schedules, it is not to build their team to be a state level team but to get enough wins to protect the coaches job. Anderson Shiro played a pre season schedule of 4 teams from 2A  and a div. 4 Christian school and none of these teams were picked to win their 2A district.

As long; as these school continue to play weak schedules, Newton will not have to worry about them.

If you want to soar with Eagles.............................

Well if they had played Newton's non conference schedule they would just had 3-4 more losses and a lot of injuries. And I don't  think they would be better for it. Until they consistently have great athletes, great coaching and a great fan base to support them,  I don't think if they played Ohio State and Alabama it would help them.

7 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

It is these coaches that set the schedules which does not demand the athletes to get better.

Athletes get better by being in a great program,  great strength programs,  great coaching, backing by school administration, fan base. Success breads success.  Become a winner consistently.  Then if you want to play Allen or Lake Travis then go for it, if you believe that will make you better.  But you must first consistently be successful and get the players, parents,fans and administration to believe in the program. Then slay Goliath if you like.

1 hour ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Athletes get better by being in a great program,  great strength programs,  great coaching, backing by school administration, fan base. Success breads success.  Become a winner consistently.  Then if you want to play Allen or Lake Travis then go for it, if you believe that will make you better.  But you must first consistently be successful and get the players, parents,fans and administration to believe in the program. Then slay Goliath if you like.

Who you challenge is up to you, not to say it needs to be Goliath, but you have to challenge yourself to get better. 

On 10/28/2019 at 9:59 PM, bd04 said:

Newton wins this game with no problem. IMO , Newton’s next competitive game won’t come until the 4th round of the playoffs & they will probably lose or get beat in the state semis. Hope I’m wrong. 😬😬

District 11 want be no pushover. It will be tough the whole way. Lot of good teams this year. In my opinion 

7 minutes ago, H-STING said:

District 11 want be no pushover. It will be tough the whole way. Lot of good teams this year. In my opinion 

It's really hard to tell if District 11 will be a challenge with so few common opponents. It does seem most teams in district 11 are very equal. And I believe Dangerfield gave Gunter everything they could handle. So it would appear they have some really good teams. Curious to see how all the other teams in Newton's district does in the playoffs 

23 minutes ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

It's really hard to tell if District 11 will be a challenge with so few common opponents. It does seem most teams in district 11 are very equal. And I believe Dangerfield gave Gunter everything they could handle. So it would appear they have some really good teams. Curious to see how all the other teams in Newton's district does in the playoffs 

Gunter isn't typical Gunter this yr i hear, and Daingerfield is all noise.