Beaumont United 44 La Porte 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

This game was interesting to see.  The 3 and out to start the game them the quick score by LaPorte was really bothersome.   BU QB play was horrible to say the least.  Many over and underthrown passes, throwing into double coverage,  Ill advised interceptions thrown and taking sacks on key downs.  Also missing the read on wide open players.  I'm so glad they got that kid going in the second half, because it was getting to the point to where we were going to think about bringing in someone else.   

Defense seems to be regressing.   Yes, they played well enough to win, but we seems to be taking  horrible tackling angles and just missing tackles and giving up too many long runs when obviously, we are supposed to hang our hats on defense... I just hope we can stop this regression and get back to making good tackles.  

LaPorte isn't a bad team.  They have a RB that is a load and hard to bring down and they have a huge TE or WR that wins lots of the jump ball situations.  Some nice pieces for them,  but they aren't very athletic on defense, which is why United was able to score a lot. They run the power run game good, and I know it would be a downhill  battle for them when we were up by more than one score late since they were forced to pass.  

Moving forward, we cannot have 3 and outs, especially in the opening drive of the game.  Defense needs to work on better angles on tackle.   Also, one of our key players went down in the second half.  I hope this kid is ok, especially since he has balled out this year.  

Go out and play the best ball you can next week Vs. North Shore, but most importantly,  come out injury free.

46 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This game was interesting to see.  The 3 and out to start the game them the quick score by LaPorte was really bothersome.   BU QB play was horrible to say the least.  Many over and underthrown passes, throwing into double coverage,  Ill advised interceptions thrown and taking sacks on key downs.  Also missing the read on wide open players.  I'm so glad they got that kid going in the second half, because it was getting to the point to where we were going to think about bringing in someone else.   

Defense seems to be regressing.   Yes, they played well enough to win, but we seems to be taking  horrible tackling angles and just missing tackles and giving up too many long runs when obviously, we are supposed to hang our hats on defense... I just hope we can stop this regression and get back to making good tackles.  

LaPorte isn't a bad team.  They have a RB that is a load and hard to bring down and they have a huge TE or WR that wins lots of the jump ball situations.  Some nice pieces for them,  but they aren't very athletic on defense, which is why United was able to score a lot. They run the power run game good, and I know it would be a downhill  battle for them when we were up by more than one score late since they were forced to pass.  

Moving forward, we cannot have 3 and outs, especially in the opening drive of the game.  Defense needs to work on better angles on tackle.   Also, one of our key players went down in the second half.  I hope this kid is ok, especially since he has balled out this year.  

Go out and play the best ball you can next week Vs. North Shore, but most importantly,  come out injury free.

Would you say LP a better overall team than last yr? Just asking for information purposes only.