West Orange-Stark 17 Silsbee 9/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Or let Tylor go at wideout opposite of Cartwright... that would definitly  stop teams from focusing  on one player in the pass game...

You don’t take your best RB and put him at WR. You already have several WR that constantly gets open. We already have Martin running a few routes. 

4 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You don’t take your best RB and put him at WR. You already have several WR that constantly gets open. We already have Martin running a few routes. 

He's the quickest and elusive one.  I've seen him catch really out if the backfield as well.  I agree that he's the Best of the 3 RB's.  But the other two are fully capable of shouldering that RB load (Martin and Arline).  

And currently, there is a big difference in talent and athleticism between Cartwright and the other WR's

22 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

You got to have all three of them at RB because they start in the secondary, we can’t even get a full game out of Martin.  And there isn’t much difference in WR, them other WRs do get open every game. 

Bingo. I said it against PNG and everyone jumped on me saying PNG’s depth was the reason for all the Silsbee cramping. (Which still doesn’t make sense but oh well) But from listening to yalls broadcast last Friday it seems like it’s still an issue. But that’s probably part of the reason why the running isn’t as strong as expected, of course the offensive line and lack of passing game doesn’t help... and that’s where you need your qb to step and be the leader that a second year starter/state semifinalist should be. And I think that’s the point you are trying to make.

On 10/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Let's make one thing for certain. Foster did not "lead" his team to the semifinals last year. He may have been the QB, but was not the leader.

Foster's numbers last night:

4-18, 52 yards, 3 INT's

On the season Foster has thrown for 8 TD's and 6 INT's and has fumbled 3 times. (9 total turnovers in 6 games)

IMO, Foster has the job because Brisco just isn't ready yet.

BTW, Briscoe asked to be moved down to JV because he wants to play QB.

I had zero problem with Foster being the starter. I just would like to see Briscoe get some snaps.

I love how you all know what "Briscoe" is capable of. My son chooses his path. He has been wanting to go to JV for a month now so he can stay on the field. Both scrimmages this year, my child has shown what he is made of. So if that isn't enough for Silsbee...