Best "Team" Ever At Your School?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whoabroncos09

our team this year.

we have never been as far as we went this year.

we made school history.

they are by far the best.

hopefully next year we will be just as good.

our team this year.

we have never been as far as we went this year.

we made school history.

they are by far the best.

hopefully next year we will be just as good.

we've had some great teams in the past and present. but this past years team had what some of the other teams didn't have, heart and lots of it. yes, this years team is by far the best in dayton's history. hope we can repeat that this coming year. looking forward to it.  ;D

Guest BIG HOUSE

I am from Lumberton and have been watching the Raiders since the early 80's.......No doubt the best TEAM that i saw play was THIS YEARS AREA CHAMPS 11-2......They could score AND PLAY DEFENSE........Defense,something those other Raider teams didn't do so well...

In accending order:

'94 Eagles.  Chad Johnson and Co. undefeated regular season

'86 Eagles.  Ken Ford, John Evans lost to Staight and Cuero(sp)in the semis

and last but not least....

Us in '83.  Beat #2 Navasota, beat H-F twice.  Lost in the semis to Sweeny on penetrations 3-1.....

• 1 month later...

The 1975-76 HF Horns made it to quarters before meeting up with Sealy and a dude named Eric Dickerson at Tully Stadium. They played several playoff games there and Houston Memorial liked the Coach and the Jr. all state QB. They went ahead and recruited the head coach and his son that year, and Les Koening Sr. & Jr. went over for his senior year.

My dad was a coach at H-F that year....he still talks about that game. 

Wasn't that LaGrange that beat HF and went on to win state?  I think Eric Dickerson and Sealy was a little later.

I think your right. Maybe a year or so later was Sealy.

The game I'm talking about was HF played like 2 games at Tully and they stole our coach and QB. Spring Branch Memorial made a pretty good playoff run that year with the 2 Koenings.

They played Cameron and LaGrange at Tully.  I think they played Columbus at Cy-Fair before that.  Then Memorial took Les & Les.

Because of the generation gap, I would have to disagree.  The 1990 team didn't go as far in the playoffs, but they did post the third highest point total in 3A history at the time.  They get my vote.

• 1 year later...

I would have to say the '79 state champ bobcats.....but back in the '30's h-d had a national record winning streak at the time and would have had a few state championships if they had it back then. H-D is full of winning tradition but a more recent team that I actually played on would have to be the '01 bobcats that lead the Houston area in total offense per game. In '03 we had a good defense but a not so good offense, just ask W.H. Who gave them their first lose of the year (even though their record can be a little deceiving because they played nothing but scrub 1a teams in preseason) they were a good team...they played hard and as a team

Guest BIG HOUSE

I am from Lumberton and watched the 91 and 2000 Raiders play.....2007 Raiders would have beaten both of these teams 9 out of 10 times......Both the 91 and 2000 teams were good, but were not as good as 07 on both sides of the ball...

Someone posted that the '04 Jasper team was its best ever. I think there are a few teams from the old days ('80, '82, '83, '86) that were a lot better defensively and more physical in general. Those teams all lost out to very strong 4A teams either in the playoffs or to get there ('80 Hebert won the district in a tiebreaker when only the champ qualified, but Jasper was 8-0-2). The '04 team deserves a lot of credit for getting farther than those teams, but to say that it was the best is questionable.

the stark hi school tigers 62-63 team we had some super football players on that team.i will add a few names----david foster QB  all american----charles owens  FB---- dan sears RB----- rc slocum  TE--- jack the crazy legs mc clelland

They were called "The Zing Along Gang" because the offense was so overpowering. As I recall, the All District Offensive team was practically the Stark starting line-up, with the Tigers supplying 9 of the 11 positions. And I think they had 5 out of 11 on the Defense.

In district play that year, 1962, the other five teams scored a total of 12 points against Stark. Of those five, only one team held the Tigers to less than 40 points.

The "zing along" tag was inspired by the TV show "Sing Along With Mitch" which featured a choir of about 30 male voices that was called the Sing Along Gang.  The show had a brief bit of popularity, but is now long since forgotten.

Year after year, we at Stark didn't have a lot of athletic success to cheer about. The handful of bright moments meant a lot to us. And still do, even a lifetime later.

Being a Stark grad the 62-63 team was the only bright spot that I can remember.I have often said if our qb had not broken his arm we would have been playing in the state game.

Now I follow WO-S.The 87 team was great and would have to be considered the best to go 15-0 but I kind of like the 2000 squad for the heart that team had.Picked to finish fourth in district( the 87 team was picked to win it all ) and no real stars on that team they never quit beleiving in themselves and made it to the state game.

Back in the Hadnot days! Last year's team wasn't to shabby!

I wouldn't go so far to say that when Hadnot was there that was the best team from Kirbyville.  He was a one man wrecking ball but the overall team wasn't that good.  Last years team was most likely the best.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• The main reason? He’s not Trump.     it worked in 2020 and it’s going to again in 2024.    Repubs: “Nuh uh!!!”
    • What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
  • Topics