Best "Team" Ever At Your School?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whoabroncos09

our team this year.

we have never been as far as we went this year.

we made school history.

they are by far the best.

hopefully next year we will be just as good.

our team this year.

we have never been as far as we went this year.

we made school history.

they are by far the best.

hopefully next year we will be just as good.

we've had some great teams in the past and present. but this past years team had what some of the other teams didn't have, heart and lots of it. yes, this years team is by far the best in dayton's history. hope we can repeat that this coming year. looking forward to it.  ;D

Guest BIG HOUSE

I am from Lumberton and have been watching the Raiders since the early 80's.......No doubt the best TEAM that i saw play was THIS YEARS AREA CHAMPS 11-2......They could score AND PLAY DEFENSE........Defense,something those other Raider teams didn't do so well...

In accending order:

'94 Eagles.  Chad Johnson and Co. undefeated regular season

'86 Eagles.  Ken Ford, John Evans lost to Staight and Cuero(sp)in the semis

and last but not least....

Us in '83.  Beat #2 Navasota, beat H-F twice.  Lost in the semis to Sweeny on penetrations 3-1.....

• 1 month later...

The 1975-76 HF Horns made it to quarters before meeting up with Sealy and a dude named Eric Dickerson at Tully Stadium. They played several playoff games there and Houston Memorial liked the Coach and the Jr. all state QB. They went ahead and recruited the head coach and his son that year, and Les Koening Sr. & Jr. went over for his senior year.

My dad was a coach at H-F that year....he still talks about that game. 

Wasn't that LaGrange that beat HF and went on to win state?  I think Eric Dickerson and Sealy was a little later.

I think your right. Maybe a year or so later was Sealy.

The game I'm talking about was HF played like 2 games at Tully and they stole our coach and QB. Spring Branch Memorial made a pretty good playoff run that year with the 2 Koenings.

They played Cameron and LaGrange at Tully.  I think they played Columbus at Cy-Fair before that.  Then Memorial took Les & Les.

Because of the generation gap, I would have to disagree.  The 1990 team didn't go as far in the playoffs, but they did post the third highest point total in 3A history at the time.  They get my vote.

• 1 year later...

I would have to say the '79 state champ bobcats.....but back in the '30's h-d had a national record winning streak at the time and would have had a few state championships if they had it back then. H-D is full of winning tradition but a more recent team that I actually played on would have to be the '01 bobcats that lead the Houston area in total offense per game. In '03 we had a good defense but a not so good offense, just ask W.H. Who gave them their first lose of the year (even though their record can be a little deceiving because they played nothing but scrub 1a teams in preseason) they were a good team...they played hard and as a team

Guest BIG HOUSE

I am from Lumberton and watched the 91 and 2000 Raiders play.....2007 Raiders would have beaten both of these teams 9 out of 10 times......Both the 91 and 2000 teams were good, but were not as good as 07 on both sides of the ball...

Someone posted that the '04 Jasper team was its best ever. I think there are a few teams from the old days ('80, '82, '83, '86) that were a lot better defensively and more physical in general. Those teams all lost out to very strong 4A teams either in the playoffs or to get there ('80 Hebert won the district in a tiebreaker when only the champ qualified, but Jasper was 8-0-2). The '04 team deserves a lot of credit for getting farther than those teams, but to say that it was the best is questionable.

the stark hi school tigers 62-63 team we had some super football players on that team.i will add a few names----david foster QB  all american----charles owens  FB---- dan sears RB----- rc slocum  TE--- jack the crazy legs mc clelland

They were called "The Zing Along Gang" because the offense was so overpowering. As I recall, the All District Offensive team was practically the Stark starting line-up, with the Tigers supplying 9 of the 11 positions. And I think they had 5 out of 11 on the Defense.

In district play that year, 1962, the other five teams scored a total of 12 points against Stark. Of those five, only one team held the Tigers to less than 40 points.

The "zing along" tag was inspired by the TV show "Sing Along With Mitch" which featured a choir of about 30 male voices that was called the Sing Along Gang.  The show had a brief bit of popularity, but is now long since forgotten.

Year after year, we at Stark didn't have a lot of athletic success to cheer about. The handful of bright moments meant a lot to us. And still do, even a lifetime later.

Being a Stark grad the 62-63 team was the only bright spot that I can remember.I have often said if our qb had not broken his arm we would have been playing in the state game.

Now I follow WO-S.The 87 team was great and would have to be considered the best to go 15-0 but I kind of like the 2000 squad for the heart that team had.Picked to finish fourth in district( the 87 team was picked to win it all ) and no real stars on that team they never quit beleiving in themselves and made it to the state game.

Back in the Hadnot days! Last year's team wasn't to shabby!

I wouldn't go so far to say that when Hadnot was there that was the best team from Kirbyville.  He was a one man wrecking ball but the overall team wasn't that good.  Last years team was most likely the best.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No offense, but both sides do it.  The Rs in Texas want to do away with decades of precedent and demand that Dems are no longer given chair positions on any committees in the Tx House. It sounds reasonable enough, until you arrive at a point when the Ds enjoy a single seat majority in the house, select the most leftist speaker of all times, and the refuse to give Rs any say in the legislative process by refusing to give them any committee chairs.     Experience has shown me that any time a party seeks to consolidate power in a legislative body, it backfires.    What I don’t like is a world where we cheer for Manchin for doing his own thing, but also re-elect guys like Paxton and Patrick when they make threats to R Legislators if they don’t do exactly what the Radical Right demands. Our Rep here in Hardin County lost his spot for voting against private school vouchers-his wife is a teacher. He also voted his conscience on the Paxton impeachment.  It cost him his seat…. Not because of the will of the voters in his district, but because if millions of outside dollars pumped into the race from outside the district and even an endorsement of his unknown challenger by Donald Trump himself.    Why do people like you applaud Manchin for being his own man and then vote against Phelan for doing the same thing?
    • We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
  • Topics