Predictions for next year...

Central: Has a now junior class that was almost identical to last years team, didn't lose that many players.

Lumberton: Not losing too many players, maintain their key player, Brent Waldrup.

Nederland: Has a mojority sophmore class now, and that class as freshman faired  moderately well last season.

Png: Eh, losing several seniors but no matter what seem to have an extremely good team and place in the top four almost every year from what i recollect.

Vidor: Losing 9-12 players if I understood correctly,(please correct me if I am wrong) and has some players coming up, so who knows.

Silsbee: Lost their keeper, and a couple other players, so they could do what they did last year and be a spoiler.

Lcm: Lost 3 seniors, if they can play their game this season,(don't know what happened last season????), so maybe they can move back up and fight for a spot in the top 5.

Ozen: Proved to be a spoiler team last year with their speed and several players with good foot skills, so who knows.

Hj: Yeah...they should try to prove people wrong this season.

Wos: Who knows what they are going to do this season.

Rankings:

1. Lumberton

Central

3. Nederland

Png

Lcm

6. Vidor

Silsbee

8. Ozen

9. Hj

10. Wos

Well I will not disagree with JCB again.  I think SEsoccerplayer seems to have done  his homework. 

Lumberton is champ.

The rest will fight it out for the other spots.

Central can prove one year wasnt a fluke.

Nederland has young team coming back.

LcM has a load of players playing club together coming back.

Vidor will hustle and has a few young guns coming back.

Silsbee riding wave of best season ever.

and the rest......

The rest being HJ, WOS, and Ozen??? i think that HJ will have a good team soon... maybe not next year, but the year after maybe... we are only losing 4 seniors... and we only had 2 juniors... in 2 years we'll only lose 6... and the majority of our starters were sophmores/freshmen... so i think we will do ok... at least better than we've been doing past couple years...

So what are the H-J, WO-S and Ozen players doing to get better.  In soccer, you don't just get better by getting older.  You may get a little bigger, fast or stronger, but your your foot skills, vision and reading the game only get better with practice and play.  The kids I know from the stronger teams are juggling the ball at home, going to soccer camps and working out with their club teams this summer and fall.  So what are you doing thats going to help your school compete next season?

lots of us HJ players have been playing games on the weekends... i've been watching lots of pro-games and working on skills and i know that lots of the other guys have been doing the same... i think we will be better next year... but i do understand what you're saying... it does take a lot of work... i was just saying how that we'll have lots of the same guys the next 2 years... which gives us some room to grow and get better as a team...

Deffinately agree with SFA, it's not just about the age of your team, as nederland proved to everyone's dismay. But a teams success depends greatly on how well they play together. So you may have a bunch of star players like with Kelly, but all those guys know how to play as a team which is the deadliest thing a team could do and it guarantees you to have a fun season even if you lose you still lost as a team which is more than you can say for some of the "teams" in this area. Sorry for getting on my soap box, but a team that has been playing together and "jelled" will be a good team and you have to play together as a team outside of highschool. Examples would be pickup games, select teams, ect. So if your a team captain, get your players out there playing together.

Well I will not disagree with JCB again.  I think SEsoccerplayer seems to have done  his homework.   

Lumberton is champ.

The rest will fight it out for the other spots.

Central can prove one year wasnt a fluke.

Nederland has young team coming back.

LcM has a load of players playing club together coming back.

Vidor will hustle and has a few young guns coming back.

Silsbee riding wave of best season ever.

and the rest......

that wasnt Silsbees best season ever....  they have been to the playoffs b4....

we (silsbee) may have lost seniors, but dont expect just to be a spoiler team.... the only senior that really changes our game, is the loss of our keeper ricky... the rest are just w/e....we have freshman coming up, and the class of 2009( deaver, littlepage and Zackster) will carry next years team....we have played together for about 10 years now, and have great chem. we finished 9-9 this year, and only are going to improve.... exciting year next year, but dont joke when you play us...

Ian #15

So what are the H-J, WO-S and Ozen players doing to get better.  In soccer, you don't just get better by getting older.  You may get a little bigger, fast or stronger, but your your foot skills, vision and reading the game only get better with practice and play.  The kids I know from the stronger teams are juggling the ball at home, going to soccer camps and working out with their club teams this summer and fall.  So what are you doing thats going to help your school compete next season?

[move]eating wheaties![/move]

• 1 month later...

Central, Lumberton and Nederland... Are going to have some good teams in the 4a district over all in the area KElly and WB Will show to be strong but kelly most likely will be the strongest team out of the area.... Hopefully they will get to play those teams I named early in the paragraph... Good Luck To Alll...... Hopefully everyone is have a great summer and getting a chance to play some soccer.....

Nederland High boys played good in the six pack game against us old lamar guys.... Only losing by 2... Good Luck to them in the rest of the small tourney

I'm not trying to anger anyone or offend anyone, that being said; I've heard that Central has a 19 year old junior or senior if this is correct, wouldn't this violate several UIL rules. Could someone please fill me in on these details and the correct information so that I know what is true.

• 3 months later...

we (silsbee) may have lost seniors, but dont expect just to be a spoiler team.... the only senior that really changes our game, is the loss of our keeper ricky... the rest are just w/e....we have freshman coming up, and the class of 2009( deaver, littlepage and Zackster) will carry next years team....we have played together for about 10 years now, and have great chem. we finished 9-9 this year, and only are going to improve.... exciting year next year, but dont joke when you play us...

Ian #15

Well to start off with... 9-9?? wow yall are amazing. im really gona watch out for yall this season and we definately wont joke around that game BAHAHA. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder