Barbers Hill 2007

What kept BH in the game was athletisism, what cost them the game was a bad offensive play call. Granted BH may not have fared much better against the eventual 4A state champs, we'll never know. but dont try and convince us that

BH was out played the whole game and a great athletic play Central made let them coast to the win. If BH keeps running the ball, Central is sitting at home the second round.

Yall stoped running the ball because we made adjustments and started stopping that QB Keeper.  BH, athletic?  Dude please.  You cant feed me that on a diamond platter.  That BH team was well coached and fundemintally sound, that's why they were undefeated and that's why they gave us all we could handle.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BHPawPaw,

As I recall BH scored 28 points, racked up 450+ yards and converted 2 4th downs on that last drive.  Yes the last play of the game did not work but was that why they lost.

Maybe it was the 31 points they gave up. 

But hey they have a new coordinator this year so they should win at least 11 games this year. 

On another note:  I was at practice the other day also and I expect BH to be better and dominate this year.  Central better watch out when they meet up this year.  Central will not be able to out athlete this group. This sophomore class is much better than the senior group that graduated.

You obviously don't know the athletes that we will be putting out on the field this year.  I dont' know if you know, but athletes in Beaumont will never be a problem. 

BMTSoulja1,

I'm a BH fan and I didn't take your comments as a slam, I thought you were giving us props.  Thanks, ya'll are a very good team also.  You're right we win because we are coached very well and our kids give 110%.  Good luck to ya'll this year, and if we meet again I'm sure it will be another tough game.

Sorry BH fans, I just tought BMT's post was repectful.

BMTSoulja1,

I'm a BH fan and I didn't take your comments as a slam, I thought you were giving us props.  Thanks, ya'll are a very good team also.  You're right we win because we are coached very well and our kids give 110%.  Good luck to ya'll this year, and if we meet again I'm sure it will be another tough game.

Sorry BH fans, I just tought BMT's post was repectful.

Thanks man. ;)

The fact of the matter is that BH will be very down this year.  I will say that the most games BH can possibly win this year is 7, and that is being very generous.  Yes, they do have a new Offensive Coordinator, but remember, the one they lost is very good.  The past two years Coach Bryan Price was here they had the best 2 offensive seasons in school history.  About the sophomore group BH has, there are some good athletes, but Friday nights are much different than Thursdays.  That class overall is very immature, I know everyone of them.  BHPawPaw, the senior group that graduated is more talented than that of the Sophomore group this year.  I know both groups very well, and that statement you made is nowhere near the truth.  If Central was to meet BH again this year, Central would win much more easily.  BH had a very good group last year, but this year they would be out-athleted without a doubt.  I do believe that the BH coaches are better than Central, but that will get you only so far when you do not have much to work with.  BH's offense out schemed Central's D last year, and there is no denying that.  What Central did on defense was not very sound, and BH took advantage of it.  That was the reason BH was in the game last year...Plus the fact that they had a group of skill guys that were very good like the Pattons and Fisher. 

I remember the year that liberty went 10-0 then lost in the first round of the playoffs....the next year, after losing around 13 or 14 seniors(approx.), won about 7 games.....so just because Bh is going to be missing those guys were all used to seeing, doesnt mean they cant go out and win district....

besides,,,Bh always plays hard.........thats exactly why the liberty-BH games were always so intense...where Bh lacked talent they made up for with effort and will....BH is going to come out and play. What we should be talking about is whos going to step up and beat Bh in their district...BH basicly dominated them last year(besides Crosby). Im not sure if yall are giving credit where its due...

Dont make it sound like BH is only going to do well because the other teams in the district arnt SLC but they are going to be better than alot of people expect.

I wouldn't be bragging about a district that for the last 2 years is 0 and 6 in the playoffs.

Barbers Hill will make the playoffs in the district they are in.

If they were in 22-4a they would be in the battle for 3rd place.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami