OF'S Brett Ramsey Signs!

Guest car ramrod

Good luck in college.  Ramsey did a great job running the show at OF for the last three years.  He should do well in college.  He seems smart, he can run for his size, and has a great arm.

Louisiana College is NCAA Div. III.......how could he sign a scholarship when they cannot offer athletic scholarships........Div. III is good football and a great place for kids to play that were not offered by Div. I, I-AA, or Div. II colleges......He may have received academic aid or other types of monies which is great for him and I am sure all of you are excited he will be playing in college......however, that is a major issue with high school athletics today......a scholarship is no longer seen as a reward for hard work and exceptional ability......it is a badge of honor to brag about.......

Good luck to the Ramsey kid.......I am sure he will do well

Louisiana College is NCAA Div. III.......how could he sign a scholarship when they cannot offer athletic scholarships........Div. III is good football and a great place for kids to play that were not offered by Div. I, I-AA, or Div. II colleges......He may have received academic aid or other types of monies which is great for him and I am sure all of you are excited he will be playing in college......however, that is a major issue with high school athletics today......a scholarship is no longer seen as a reward for hard work and exceptional ability......it is a badge of honor to brag about.......

Maybe, since he's been pretty much a straight A student all through High School and an honor graduate, he was offered an academic scholarship.

That is what I said.......but you do not "sign" those scholarships.......He has received a great opportunity from a good college and will have a great experience.......I a proud for his family and for him.....he will receive a great education there and have fun doing it......I am not saying anything bad about him or the school.....just that there is a problem in our society that the meaning of a scholarship has changed over the years......if it is an academic scholarship, brag about it and applaud it.....do not try to pass it off as an athletic scholarship

Whatever the case may be, Im proud of you Brett. I got to know Brett on a personal level and he is a great young man. I look forward to hearing only great things down the road from this guy. He's nothing but a winner.

Guest etbu

Good job Mr Ramsey and will watch you next year when you play Etbu in the Indep. Bowl in the battle of the claw. Always root for the kids from OF and best wishes to you at LC.  ;D

You are right...Div. III schools can only offer academic scholarships to prospective students and then they play whatever sport they are chosen for.  We had two young ladies from WO-S who were being looked at by Louisiana College, but one decided to go to TWU and the other is going elsewhere, perhaps, Lamar.  Rumor was that LC was having some problems.  Don't know exactly what those problems were...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01