Most anticipated player to watch in 07?

Pretty much.  Rivals or some other internet service ranked him based on activity in shorts at a camp.  Nederland fanatics rank Sampere #1 because they view football as women do actors.  Don't shoot the messenger, I just make observations on the giddyness of the Nederland faithful.

Give me stats of Johnson playing LB

Give me stats of Sampere playing QB

BTW, what was Ned's JV record last year since the oline is brand new--well almost.

Another question:  If Nederland's defense was pourous last year, and they lost 7 starters, how can it improve?

SFA85....their is virtually minimal comparisons to JV vs Varsity. Varsity is a higher level of competition. In the past several years the o-line has experienced 1 returning starter every 2 yrs. It usually takes about 5 games before a new o-line seasons (ie. 2 scrimmages/3 non-district games). By this point the o-line can call audibles with confidence while recognizing the defensive schemes while entering district play. Yes, Ned defense gave up 355.2 yds/game in 2006 and lost 7 def starters. You ask the question how can they improve? By replacing the d-line, lb's and db's with young, athletic, dedicated men who are hungry to wreak havoc against their opponents. With a quicker, faster, stronger d-line to promote pressure up front. with the right pieces of the puzzle assembled, then 2007 Ned Def should improve statisically. SFA...Why do you ask questions that you know the answer too?????

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Ned defense gave up 355.2 yds/game in 2006 and lost 7 def starters. You ask the question how can they improve? By replacing the d-line, lb's and db's with young, athletic, dedicated men who are hungry to wreak havoc against their opponents. With a quicker, faster, stronger d-line to promote pressure up front. with the right pieces of the puzzle assembled, then 2007 Ned Def should improve statisically. SFA...Why do you ask questions that you know the answer too??

Finally an intellegent answer from a Nederland fan.  Now my question is, if they are that hungry, faster, etc., why didn't they start last year.  I think the defense will be pourous again plus probably your secondary will have to go both ways.  Anyway, thanks for your thoughtful insight.....

Guest Raider911

i cant wait to see two 4.4 guys from png rb's josh wright and kenneth tezeno. and fb jake hemmings weighing 210 runnin a 4.6 cant beleive no one has mentioned any of these guys yet

I dought they both run a 4.4

As the saying goes, "Nederland doesn't rebuild, they reload."

Dravantti's 2006 Stats (88 TKLS, 7 Sacks, 5 TFL), he is also on Dave Campbell's Super Team.

According to DCTF, "Sampere is great scrambler and passer." You would think after being on Varsity for two years, you may pick up on do's and don'ts. Like NHS82 said, this thread's topic is about who is the most anticipated player. Sampere has plenty of upside, and it'll be excititng to see how he performs.

Nederland doesn't rebuild they reload ???

Who says that?

What are DJ's official stats?  I've seen anywhere from 6'1 205, 4.5 (40)  to 6'2 225, 4.8 (40). 

By the way....I went to H-F until middle school and went to Deweyville until 10th grade, but graduated from Stephenville.  This is a great site for football fans to come to no matter where they live now. 

I can't believe no one has mentioned perhaps the most talented football player in SE Texas, Derrick Hall from Central.  If ya'll want to see a ridiculous athlete, he's the one to go see.  If you don't see him this year, not to worry.....he'll be playin' at Kyle Field on Saturdays a year from now!

im just telling you what he ran at a combine earlier in the year. he might have went somewhere else and ran a better time but ussually rivals will just take the time the recruit gives them or if the recruit ran at a rivals combine then the recruit can have that time put on there if he wants but im pretty sure the combine he went to wasnt a rivals combine.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder