Silsbee in 2007?

AHHH... man way to be supportive for the tigers! but wat i think we'll look a little rusty at the beginning but once district starts our young people will get in the groove and be ready to take home the DISTRICT 21-3A TITLE!

What's nonsupportive here? ???  Harper is gone at qb.  Calhoun is gone at rb.  Big Ahmad is headed to OSU.  These all district guys will be missed early on.  Jeremy a true soph is expected to be the qb with jr. Castle at rb.  These kids have very good talent and I have seen them through middle school progress, but it still takes time to get into the groove.  I hope you do well and have a successful season.

Guest Bulldog

9-1 and if they get past the first round theyll go 3 deep into the playoffs.WOS is gonna get yall tho

Who would that 1 loss be???

I would have to say that Silsbee will be ok on the offensive side this year. QB, running backs and recievers. The have a good start on the offensive line with Paulus at tackle and Moss at center. Paulus was first team and Moss was second team all-district players last year. I'm sure that the coaches have found players to replace the other offensive lineman that they lost last year. There's some good strong kids that played behind last years seniors.

Defense will be strong at linebackers and defensive backs. Not really sure about the defensive line. Might have to turn some of those guys around from offense to defensive lineman. But one thing is for sure, they will be ready bye the time district comes around.

That's just my thoughts!!

Guest ST4life

;D

wow lumberton has 7 good players im amazed maybe if lumberton had more than 7 they would actually go to the playoffs  8)

How did you guys do before  you came down to three-A?

I assume you are asking about the most recent years in 4A. The last 6 years that Silsbee was in 4A, the Tigers went to the playoffs 3 times, making it all the way to the regional finals in '98. The other 2 were in '99 and '01. The last 2 years in 4A were not good, going 1-9 and 0-10. Silsbee then dropped to 3A in '04 and has made the playoffs all 3 years.

Silsbee made the playoffs another 10 or so times in 4A prior to the years I mentioned.

Guest etbu

I have never seen you guys play before but sounds like you have a pretty good team. Do you guys have a website with some info about your team and schedule? Where is your town located? Is it in the GT pretty close to Beaumont?

I have never seen you guys play before but sounds like you have a pretty good team. Do you guys have a website with some info about your team and schedule? Where is your town located? Is it in the GT pretty close to Beaumont?

Silsbee is located about 20 miles north of Beaumont. Silsbee's website is the SISD site. Other than that, you can get most of the athletic info right here on this site, including the Tiger's schedule.

Guest ST4life

wow lumberton has 7 good players im amazed maybe if lumberton had more than 7 they would actually go to the playoffs  8)

I think silsbee will be just fine. the o-line lost four starters including TE, but with a new, faster, quicker OL coming back and without losing much size, the tigers possibilities are endless with offensive options. ryan hargrove will more than likely fill the gap of last years jay mullens at TE. while smaller and not near as strong as mullens, hargrove is twice as fast and has good hands which adds to the tigers threats. garrett verdine is the first option for RG. he's smaller than last years byron white but is just as strong and a lot quicker. emery manning will be a force to reckon with if he gets the start at the other guard, with jose leal, a 325 pounder on the other tackle opposite houston recruited 315 pound daniel paulus. the line is strong and all but 2 bench over 300 lbs and squat over 500. the new strong, quik line will provide for young jeremy johnson to learn and will give a little room to breathe.

the wide receiver spot is in excellent shape as donovan harris returns. brooks allen, mikel willis, and a couple juniors will add some more excitement to the tigers receiving game.

the RB spots are shaping up to be some of the best in years with Castle and Barnes. brandon watts should seee some play time as RB also. he was exceptional as a JV RB.

defensive side of the ball needs some work in the secondary but with a lot of speed in the back i think they'll shape up just fine.

brandon watts, a returning first team LB will bring some leadership and needed experience to the table for the tigers.

jesse coleman, tadarron traylor/ garrett verdine, and emery manning/ chad dobbins bring a very aggressive d-line to the table for the tigers this year.

the tigers will be strong and will come to play every game like they always do.

AggiesAreWE is right their is alot of great players that going to step up next year. Just to name a few incoming Junior are Chris Roundtree, he will be a reciever/defensive back. He is fast strong and has a great leaping ability. Jazzma i a real strong defensive lineman he short but fit in real well wit the rest of the linemen. Can't forget about ALL second District team Josh James at LB he will be much quicker then he was last year. Another Josh (forgot his last name) but he is a tight end/defensive end, the thing about him is his height. He moves fast for a tall kid (6ft.4) and has great hand to catch the ball with.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder