**HJ 1 Silsbee 0 Final/Playoffs**

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game....Congrats to silsbee on a great year..it is a shame that a team with such talent does not make it to the playoffs..also congrats to HJ on pulling it off even when everyone but yourselves doubted you..maybe yall can when a game in the playoffs that is not so close..they are fun to watch but i dont know how much more stress we can take in the stands..Great year Hawks..keep it up..

Guest Orangeboy

Congrats to both teams on a great year. Really enjoyed watching this pitching duel. Both McDonald and Treece pitched great games. Best of luck to HJ in the playoffs. Just start scoring Treece some runs and you should have no problem.

Thats % baseball, a walk to load m up. So glad to hear Treece n McDonald had a guy behind the plate that calls from black to black and one that 'sees' a curve ball. Its so true having to pitch with no run support, makes a pitchers work even harder not to mention the stress on his dad. Congrats to both squads on a great yr, watch out Liberty 'Cindarela's commn to kik your arse next'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BTW this was ANOTHER great outing by a UNSIGNED player matched up against another 'top 10' team, and he handled his business WELL.

I was right about the better TEAM winning, but I was totally wrong about McDonald.  I thought he would get shelled, but he pitched a great, great game.  Nice job McDonald!  By the way, where was the "big" first baseman for HJ last night?  That guy was a good hitter?  Is he hurt?

I was impressed in how fast kevin roebuck was to be able to score from first on the base hit from lundy to score the only run of the game.

The left fielder for Silsbee booted the ball hit down the line....that's how the kid from first was able to score.....still good job reading the play by the coach on third to wave him in...if not for the bobble he would have held him up.

Congrats to HJ on a great game and best of luck in the playoffs, make us proud. 

Great pitching done by Kevin McDonald & Aaron Treece.  To my Tigers, you all had a great season and need to hold your heads high. You all make Silsbee very proud.  Best of luck to the Seniors, Rocky, Colby & Joel.  Some colleges are going to figure out that they will be very lucky to have all three of you. ;D ;D ;D

One of my top 5 Baseball games ever...Two awsome squads, I was proud of both of them. They both played with class. McDonald had a great game, Keep your heads up Tigers you have nothing to be ashamed about you have represented your school well all year. As for my Hawks now make something out of this playoff birth you have faught so hard for. Lets go kik some Panther Butt.

it was a great game all around...but the pitchers were fantastic...and the shot down the line for lundy was jus what HJ needed to win...congrats HJ and good luck in the playoffs...o and hats off to the HJ right fielder a perfect catch to save his team

Bobble in left or not...Roebuck has serious wheels...and it would have made a play at the plate in which Buck woulda still scored...and the sophomore Derrick "Duck" Geautreaux (thats spelled correctly) had a two GREAT catches out in right...it has to be in the running for one of the best games of the year...

Jackhammer the "big" 1st baseman has been hurt since the Bridge City game.  I think that he will be back on Friday.  He is just a sophmore and has stepped up and played well filling in where we had other people injured.  He should be back at 1st I would think. 

Bobble in left or not...Roebuck has serious wheels...and it would have made a play at the plate in which Buck woulda still scored...and the sophomore Derrick "Duck" Geautreaux (thats spelled correctly) had a two GREAT catches out in right...it has to be in the running for one of the best games of the year...

Not to take anything away from Roebuck, but he got hosed by Seth hill In the early innings trying to steal second. Also, if HJ doesn't make baserunning mistakes, they win three to nothing...just something to think about.

Not to take anything away from Roebuck, but he got hosed by Seth hill In the early innings trying to steal second. Also, if HJ doesn't make baserunning mistakes, they win three to nothing...just something to think about.

not to take anything away from you...seth hill and kevin roebuck are on the same team...nice try

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder