Dallas ISD tournament

Professor

A few scores from yesterday.

Lancaster - 53

Skyline - 38

St Marks - 79

DeSoto - 62

St Marks gotta be a loaded private school.

For Silsbee I think the main thing that needs to be worked on is playing solid ball for all four quarters. If they had played Skyline like they did in the second half, they would have had a good chance to win. Can't show up for only one half of basketball against other good teams and expect to win.

56 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

That Dallas Region is Loaded. Never even heard of Family Faith till this year. Hutchison, Carter, Lincoln, Family Faith, and whoever else is hard hard a region. 

That’s because almost no one had.  Cedar Hill’s entire coaching staff moved there after last season.  One of those “charter schools” our secretary of education DeVos is so fond of.  They rounded up some players too and have some impressive wins, most notably for me is Katy Tompkins.    They are one of several teams that could make it out of that region.  Bottom line is if Silsbee is focused and firing on all cylinders, they are better than all of those teams.  If they aren’t, could lose to any of them in any given game.  

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

So FFA is in 4A district 12?

53 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

So Family Faith is allowed to play in the UIL?

Lancaster won the Dallas tournament. Really good looking team.

Looks like they play in a prep league so no.   I don’t think any private or charter schools should be allowed to play UIL personally.  

14 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Was thinking they may have been like Strake Jesuit, but apparently not.

I don't think schools like that should be allowed to play in the UIL either, especially in basketball. 

That’s what I thought based upon them being top 5 in all the rankings.  Maybe Todd or Mike can clear it up for us.  I’m confused.