21-6A Predictions

# 1 - Beaumont United will not have any growing pains moving up to 6A. Coach Brown will continue her legacy as a top level basketball coach. Ash will dominate this district and will have two quality Sophomore guards that will join forces to take hold of this new district. United should run away with this district.

#2 - Deer Park should be the closest competition in this district, they seem to always get quality athletes year in and year out that step in and feel voids left behind from previous years

#3 - Galena Park North Shore should be battling with Deer Park for 2nd place, but seem to be a little less consistent than Deer Park. 

#4 - Beaumont West Brook should squeak into the playoffs, but after leaving there standout PG from last year and other Sr leadership the Brook will take a step back from last year.

#5 - Channelview will continue to play below avg basketball, but will do enough to stay out of the bottom spot.

#6 - Sheldon King does just enough to stay out of bottom spot, but won’t be very competitive.

#7 - Baytown Sterling were bad last year and will continue to play bad basketball this year.

#8 - Laporte No talent will continue to keep you near the bottom.

9 hours ago, OneChance said:

# 1 - Beaumont United will not have any growing pains moving up to 6A. Coach Brown will continue her legacy as a top level basketball coach. Ash will dominate this district and will have two quality Sophomore guards that will join forces to take hold of this new district. United should run away with this district.

#2 - Deer Park should be the closest competition in this district, they seem to always get quality athletes year in and year out that step in and feel voids left behind from previous years

#3 - Galena Park North Shore should be battling with Deer Park for 2nd place, but seem to be a little less consistent than Deer Park. 

#4 - Beaumont West Brook should squeak into the playoffs, but after leaving there standout PG from last year and other Sr leadership the Brook will take a step back from last year.

#5 - Channelview will continue to play below avg basketball, but will do enough to stay out of the bottom spot.

#6 - Sheldon King does just enough to stay out of bottom spot, but won’t be very competitive.

#7 - Baytown Sterling were bad last year and will continue to play bad basketball this year.

#8 - Laporte No talent will continue to keep you near the bottom.

Boy I sure hope you know what you are talking about.  I plan to follow this United team as much as possible over the next couple of years...

2 hours ago, OneChance said:

Man, I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about, lol!

Well we scrimmage Spring Woods at our place this coming Saturday and then Houston St. Pius at home on Tuesday before kicking the season off at Fort Bend Clements on Tuesday, November 6th.  I'm going to make the road trip to check out all 3 teams (Fresh, JV, Varsity).

11 minutes ago, OneChance said:

Having Ash as a post is always going to be an advantage. I believe she committed to go play at Witchita State and having Coach Brown running the program and what she gets out of her girls, United will be just fine. I know in some fall basketball the HJ group beat Laporte 79-2!

I don't want to put the cart before the horse but I asked Coach Green (boys) and Coach Brown (girls) one day when they were sitting next to each other "when was the last time the boys and girls from the same school made it to state the same year"?  But I'll take it one game at a time and try to keep this board informed as much as possible...

I know United girls team will be special.  Ozen had the two really tall girls one graduated, so they'll have 1.  Oxen also had two really good young guards on JV, but from what I'm told, they both won't be playing this year.  I don't know.  I don't know any of our girl's name but I'll attend a few of our games and check them out...

7 hours ago, workbootz said:

United starts 2 sophomores, 2 seniors and I believe a freshman.  Two of the starters I know came from Central.

I didn't make the scrimmages but besides the game next Thursday at St. Pius, I should be at all of them.  I'm excited to see these girls and boys basketball do what the football team couldn't do, win...