**Early Coaches Poll (Rankings) for 2007 HS Football**

Early Coaches Poll for 2007 Football

Dave Campbell's posted an early Coach's Poll for 2007:

CLASS 5A 1. SLC 2. Katy 3. Trinity 4. Lufkin 5. Cedar Hill 6. Westfield 7. North Shore 8. Westlake 9. Smithson Valley 10. Allen

CLASS 4A 1. La Marque 2. Waco 3. Highland Park 4. Copperas Cove 5. Texas High 6. Stephenville 7. Lamar Consolidated 8. Alamo Heights 9. Brenham 10. Aledo

CLASS 3A 1. Liberty Hill 2. Cuero 3. Celina 4. Liberty-Eylau 5. Giddings 6. West Orange-Stark 7. Wimberley 8. Gilmer 9. Wylie 10. Robinson

CLASS 2A 1. Tatum 2. Mart 3. Marlin 4. Newton 5. Lexington 6. Cisco 7. Stratford 8. Jefferson 9. Boyd 10. Littlefield

CLASS 1A 1. Alto 2. Chilton 3. Windthorst 4. McCamey 5. Goldthwaite 6. Roscoe 7. Groveton 8. Shiner 9. West Sabine 10. Flatonia

Making it to the regional finals or beyond for 4 out of 5 years tends to impress most coaches.

I didnt mean that in a bad way Huper...i was just saying that because people tend to forget tradition after one losing season. I'm confident that the new coach at jasper will be able to get those boys back on track where they used to be!

Nor did I..Coaches poll always reflect tradition and recent success.  Takes 3 or 4 weeks of regular play before polls become "somewhat" realistic.

I didnt mean that in a bad way Huper...i was just saying that because people tend to forget tradition after one losing season. I'm confident that the new coach at jasper will be able to get those boys back on track where they used to be!

Guest Horns79

Lufkin should go deep in playoffs and SLC is loaded with offensive firepower.

Watch out for Groveton next year.They have D1 prospects in 6'5 QB Lane Johnson

and DE Wade Williams.  RB Kita West is back after being suspended a year ago .  He could be one of the best RBs in Groveton history after he is done.  RB/WR/Returner Bezaley Jackson can be compared to Reggie Bush.  He makes plays every time he touches the ball.

When you see these pre-season polls they almost never end up anywhere like pre-season, last years class 4A winner from San Antonio I don't believe was even top 20 pre-season, of course some of these teams listed will indeed be there, but what the heck polls are what make it fun for fans.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton is on there as usual. They are coming back loaded again they only lost a few starters from last year they are going to be in the hunt for another state title.

Groveton will be the Alto of last year. 

No doubt, Groveton will be loaded, however I do think it is a stretch to compare them to last years Alto team.  The 06-07 Alto Yellowjackets were one of the most dominant 1A teams of all time.  As good as Groveton may be, they still have to get past this years Alto team that will still be loaded!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Ft. Worth and graduated from Stephenville, so I'll give you my thoughts on the DFW area teams.

Class 5A

SLC- Loaded once again with Dodge and Newton.  You can count on unheard of players to step up to keep that train running.

Trinity- They are always huge with a great running game.  Tough mentally and physically.

Cedar Hill - I know Coach McGuire personally and went and watched their offseason.  They are loaded for another run and they won't take any team lightly.  They have speed, speed, and more speed.

Class 4A

Stephenville - Led by QB Kody Spano (committed to Oklahoma State) and safety Cody Davis (1st team All-State).  They have a chance to make some noise in Region I. 

Aledo - Always come on strong in the playoffs.  They are big and have really good team speed.  Cole Loftin is their difference maker.  Coach Buck knows how to get this team ready for the playoffs.

Wichita Falls Rider - Team is big and their talent level is as good as anyone's in Region I.  Ousted Stephenville in playoffs last year and return a lot of key players.  Watch out for this team.

Highland Park - Always a contender

Class 3A

Celina - A team that makes few mistakes and makes a living out of forcing turnovers.  One of the most consistent teams year in and year out regardless of classification.

Class 2A

Boyd - Could be extremely tough this year.  A team that loves to hit.

***I apologize if I left any schools off, these are just the teams that I thought of off the top of my head***

Good job Stevieray I glad to see we made it to Fort Worth area. I think we have one of the best sites out there for high school sports.

Is this the Stevieray that is in Stephenville's High School Football Hall of Fame?

I agree, this is one of the best sites that I have ever been on.  My cousin told me about this site yesterday and I am so impressed with everything.  I will be spreading the word about this site.  Yes, I did get inducted last year to the S'ville HOF, but I never forgot what town I'm from.  I'm as much a Deweyville Pirate as anything. 

I agree, this is one of the best sites that I have ever been on.  My cousin told me about this site yesterday and I am so impressed with everything.  I will be spreading the word about this site.  Yes, I did get inducted last year to the S'ville HOF, but I never forgot what town I'm from.  I'm as much a Deweyville Pirate as anything. 

Wow... you have to elaborate on that...

I WOULD LIKE TO HOPE HD WILL GO A GOOD WAYS THIS YEAR. WE ARE ONLY LOOSING 3 STRONG STARTERS AND THEIR KEY PLACES WERE ON DEF. WE PLAYED GROVETON TO A 45 TO34 DEFEAT LAST YEAR IN PLAYOFFS. I FELL WE WILL BE ALOT STRONGER AND FASTER. OUR SPRINT RELAY GOT 2ND IN STATE, AND WE HAD THE STATE CHAMP IN THE 100 AND 200

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476