Middle School Girls Track Meet Class 3A at Ham. Fann.

Guest Robinhood

Guest Robinhood

Talk about a disorganized joke.  I have never seen it this bad.  They scheduled the long jump at the same time as the high jump and they were right next to each other using the same area.  The girls were actually running into each other trying to compete.

Then the Orangefield Coach (if you want to call her that I will be polite and call her Mrs. Hilter) was in charge of the high jump.  Mrs. Hilter was sreaming at one of the dads who was help his daughter from Silsbee get her mark.  (No Silsbee coaches in sight.  I think they only brought two to the meet and they were at the triple jump pit on the other side of the football field.) 

Anyway, I found out that Mrs. Hitler told the girl from Silsbee that she could jump the long jump first and when she got through she could jump the high jump.  So the Silsbee girl is preparing for the long jump and all of the sudden Mrs. Hitler calls her name out for the high jump.  The girl from Silsbee ask for a few warm up jumps but Mrs. Hitler told her no.  The girl from Silsbee started to tear up because she was told one thing by Mrs. Hilter and then was told another.  Her dad was trying to explain the situation but it was clear that Mrs. Hilter didn't want the girl from Silsbee to get a chance to warm up.  The girl from Silsbee looked like a good athelete and may have won the event if given a chance.  It is ashame that people get caught up in winning so much that they have to cheat a little 14 year old jr. high girl from doing her best.  It would have been no problem for the Silsbee girl to get a couple of warm up jumps.

Then I saw something that really amazed me.  The coaches working the long jump pit didn't have a clue on how to measure a long jump.  There was this guy with the measuring tape attached to the end of a stick.  If that wasn't stupid,  the measuring tape was twisted up so bad that they had to pull it to get the kinks out.  They never did try to unravel the mess they just continued measuring jump after jump with it. (what a joke.)

Next lets go to the running events.  The 100 meter hurdles, one of the premier events.  They got the 7th graders and 8th graders mixed up and they were running against each other.  Then they said that the girls that ran in the wrong heat had to run again.  I have to hand it to the guy in charge on this one though.  He made a good decision and said that the girls could keep there times if they wanted to and did not have to run it again.  I thought that was the right thing to do.

I'm not through yet.  Let's go to the 200 meter hurdles.  There were two heats in the 8th grade 200 meter hurdles.  The first heat was won with a time of 31.27 seconds, a real good time for jr. high.  The second heat was won by that same girls from Silsbee that got screwed around at the high jump by Mrs. Hitler.  Her time was 30.44 seconds.  Well guess what, by the time the scores got to the press box, that girl from Silsbee was in 4th place and the girls that won the first heat with a time of 31.27 got first.  Strangest thing I have ever seen and you should have seen her father.  He was really pissed but he kept his cool.  I saw him talking to one of the Silsbee Coaches but then went back to the stands and sat down.  I don't know what the coach said but he handled the upset dad pretty well.

Anyway, from what little I saw that day the girls jr. high district track meet was a joke.  Way too much politics and miss management going on.  If they want to see who truely is the fastest thay need to run prelimiaries and finals in the shorter races.  It don't take that much time to run a race and you will get true winners for eveyone to witness.

Biggest and Best Fan of the Jasper Bulldogs.  Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont