Astros Opening Day vs. Pirates on Monday

I'll be watching the game from the friendly confines of my easy chair. Big screen, fresh roasted peanuts, and no drive home! Although I do love the atmosphere of the ballpark, and try to go often during the season. At least in my humble abode I don't have to listen to obnoxious Cardinals fans!!!!  ;D

Enjoy the game Lazeek, but you'll go home disappointed. The Astros will win.

Haha!!!  Whoever wins this year that is great but last time I checked the Cards have 10 WS rings(one of which they will receive tonight)....how many do the Astros have???  In the Astros only apparence thet were swept....NO ROGER, NO ANDY.............NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!

Haha!!!  Whoever wins this year that is great but last time I checked the Cards have 10 WS rings(one of which they will receive tonight)....how many do the Astros have???  In the Astros only apparence thet were swept....NO ROGER, NO ANDY.............NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!

Let's see Cardinals and Gators, hmmm I guess you are a Colts and Heat fan too. There might be a pattern there. It's easy to say that you are a fan of a team after they have won the championship the year before.

Lidge still has just as good of stuff as he has ever had. He has lost his confidence. The pitch that Nady hit for the homerun was actually a good pitch at the bottom of the zone, he just jumped on it. Whether he is tipping his pitches again, I still think it's too early to tell. Nady is in the majors for a reason. He knew from what Lidge did to the first 2 batters in the inning that he had one chance and that was to start early and try to hit it in the boxes.

I totally understand Astro fans being disappointed but I am disappointed that they would boo our own player. Especially one that is lacking his confidence. There is no good that will come of it. Leave the booing your own players to the fans of that team in NY.

Lidge still has just as good of stuff as he has ever had. He has lost his confidence. The pitch that Nady hit for the homerun was actually a good pitch at the bottom of the zone, he just jumped on it. Whether he is tipping his pitches again, I still think it's too early to tell. Nady is in the majors for a reason. He knew from what Lidge did to the first 2 batters in the inning that he had one chance and that was to start early and try to hit it in the boxes.

I totally understand Astro fans being disappointed but I am disappointed that they would boo our own player. Especially one that is lacking his confidence. There is no good that will come of it. Leave the booing your own players to the fans of that team in NY.

I was there as well, and I agree with you. Lidge still has it, it's all mental now, and yes, last night didn't help that.

The strange thing is, when he came out of the pen, there was a tremendous reseption......after "the pitch" he was being boooed just about every pitch.....Stros fans need to support him, he's who we have. We can either get on the ban wagon, and show we are behind him, and help him through it.........or we can help contribute to the problem!

Remember, the Pirates hit 3 HR's......off 3 different pitchers!

DIVA- Scott hit the ball VERY well last night.......and think, there was talk about trading him!

I hope last night was an indication of Burke's play thin year in CF......he made  some nice catches, he really covered some ground!

Y'all say "hi" to my Hottie for me!!! ;D

Sorry to have to be the one to tell u this Diva...but i was sitting behind the Astros Dugout last Night and before the Game I saw Scott Kiss this woman on the lips who was standing near the rail....I think he is cheating on you.....lol

That was me he was kissing :D ;D

And yes, Tigers12, he did hit the ball VERY good in the game.  I told y'all last season that he would be the one to watch this season.....and he's a great ball player too! lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami