Best catchers in the area?

lets see the ball bounces 5 feet to the left of the catcher im pretty sure that is a wild pitch not a passed ball.  its apparent that some of you have never played the game of baseball at a very competitive level ie college, professional.  anyone who knows the game knows that most bases are stolen off of the pitcher not the catcher.  go ask someone if you dont know that they will agree.  also your Dayton guy was 0-2 with a walk against LCM and didnt come up clutch in any situation.  maybe you should have seen the nederland game to see the pitches that are supposed past balls. 

also jake rowell is a great leader on and off the field.  unless you can count the massey guy as head cheerleader of the dayton bench then i didnt see him do anything special.  he didnt throw anyone out either during the dayton game. so you guys need to stop ragging on a great young man and great ballplayer.  there have been many of great players go to the next level as catchers or pitchers or outfielders that ended up being great at another position.  that is also a remark of someone who doesnt know this game very well.

just for tcsbalumni softball does not count as playing at the next level.  2 different sports that look alike dont make you an expert on the one you didnt play.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, oh, my!! All I was trying to say was that as far as catching goes-DJ shines amongst the rest. Thats what this is all about, after all. He has a very bright future ahead of him(especially with all the perks of going to the college is signed with).

But at least now were off of Dewey's back!

chill guys, chill   :o

"Dayton stole numerous times against him, and he had two passed balls Tuesday night against the bulldogs that tied up the game."

TCSB

When you wrote this all you were trying to say is Dayton's catcher was good?

Looks like you were saying Jake was bad.  I don't like people arguing on this site.  It really ruins it for me.  But you need to understand that when you write bad things about poeple those that love them will be quick to defend them.  I simply suggest that you think before you post negative comments and then you won't have to ask people to chill after reading their responses.

We have defended Jake.  Now let us let it go.  We do not need to spend the next week arguing with others on this board about it.  These boards are really fun until the arguing starts.

bb09

I agree that Carnahan from PNG is the best catcher in this area, both on offense and defense.  He is also a great roll model on and off the field.  His leadership skills as a junior are great, expecially with PNG's young team.  His bat is hot when it counts the most, i.e. major HR against Nederland and most of his hits are doubles, with him hitting in the 4 hole.  No registered steels against PNG and he only has one passed ball for the season.

He gets my vote!

Guest Cardinal12

Cameron Cambell BH is the best in the area. He's better than John hands down. Ive played with both...Don't get me wrong John's good just not as good as Cameron.

I'm sorry, but while LSU-E is a very competitive JUCO, they cannot compete with the "big boys" ie San Jac, Blinn, Galveston, Navarro, Weatherford just to name a few.  Congratulations for them winning a title but to say that they send more players to unviversities than ANY other JUCO is a complete fabrication.  Also, congratulations to Mr. Massey and Mr. Rowell for this accomplishment, apparently both have earned it. Now let bickering die down and let the play on the field handle itself. Until they meet again...

I agree that Carnahan from PNG is the best catcher in this area, both on offense and defense.  He is also a great roll model on and off the field.  His leadership skills as a junior are great, expecially with PNG's young team.  His bat is hot when it counts the most, i.e. major HR against Nederland and most of his hits are doubles, with him hitting in the 4 hole.  No registered steels against PNG and he only has one passed ball for the season.

He gets my vote!

I'm sure he does considering he is your son!

You must have not seen many catchers Raidernation...

Todd Wallace of West Brook guns atleast a runner a game, and his blocking has improved drastically compared t last year. he is also the best offensive catcher in the area by far putting up great numbers last week which earned him player of the week status. Great job Todd!!!

ABCD14 - I've seen most off the 4a catchers and several 3a and think Jackson from BC and Carnahan are the best in thier respective districts. 

The problem with my opinion is that catchers playing against lumberton don't get tested, so i am not a fair judge.  When we get base runners, which is not very often, we certainly don't try to steal....... ::)

Catcher get to rest their arms when they play us.  ???

Loveofthegame,

Please before you say stupid things check the facts, while it means absolutly nothing to me LSU-E plays a very good schedule that already includes a sweep of Galveston, and Laredo. They played and beat Wharton, and Bossier City last year.

The head Coach at LSU-E has averaged 8 players a year signing with top D-1's.

I understand the debate and everyone pulls for there own guy but with another great statement from Dayton That the catcher did not sign because Mcneese St. did not give him a full scholarship...........No such thing @ a D1 unless you are a LH Pitcher that throws 92+ and he will probably only get 80%.

Jake Rowell has done it for 3 years in a row, Jackson and Carnahan need to stay healthy like Jake for 3 years and then we can talk. Catcher is a tough position and from what I understand Jake has played some 3B as well as 1B.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder