WHAT 224a TEAM WILL BE A STANDOUT TEAM

Guest 87CRU79

I think it's gonna be battle between Central and Dayton again. The battle for third place will probably be between Nederland, PNG, and OZEN. Look for PNG to be a threat with Tatum, he seemed to perform well as a sophomore. Nederland will be revamped w/ the new offense they will be running (Spread). Sampere and Bass will be a good combo in that style of offense.

why does everyone keep talking about central and ozan? ozan was horrible last year and that was centrals first good year in a while. and png had its first bad season in forever. but we cant come back whys that?

First it's spelled Ozen....

Secondly, this is Central's 4th year out of 5 in the playoffs so your statement about Central's playoff futility is a false one.  Secondly, Ozen has Central's old OC so no more finess football out of the Pear.....

why does everyone keep talking about central and ozan? ozan was horrible last year and that was centrals first good year in a while. and png had its first bad season in forever. but we cant come back whys that?

ozens 1st losing season ever and indian 28 thinks that ozen is all of a sudden the weakest team in the district... that shows how much he knows about football.. first off if he knew anything about football he would know that ozen was in just about every game that they played this year and there problem was on defense and as a matter of fact png didnt totally dominate them either... with the talent ozen has they should be respected every time you line up against them.. it just so happened that coaching was an issue this year and it caught up with them, and this is coming from the fan of a team who has a good coach and there are still png fansare trying to give the man the boot... go learn some football and then get on the thread and start blasting teams

Cant argue with that!  Ozensfastest is right. See what bad coaching does.  Ozen struck first on us, I believe.  We made adjustments and Ozen didnt', that has been the story of Ozen last year.  Old news now.  Ozen has a winner on their hands now.  I feel sorry for the teams that will sleep on the Panthers...big mistake.  They will be in the playoff races.

It'll be a battle of the Big 4... Nederland, Dayton, Central, and PN-G

::)

Dayton,Central ,and with the new coach Ozen will be back.

Ned. was lucky that ozen was having a bad year last year .

central put up 63 on yall.So i dont know where you come up with the "big 4"

Guest 87CRU79

This coming from person who reps a team with a great winning tradition. When was the last time Vidor made the playoffs? Maybe in 2000, when they lost to.......Nederland. Last year was a fluke, and that happened to be the hi-lite of yalls season. You people from Vidor believe there is some rivalry between yall and us. Dude, yall may have beat us...what, 2 times in 40 years. That is a heated rivalry right there.

Let me get off of my soap box:

Dayton proved themselves to be a dominant force in the district. District Champs until proven otherwise.

Central's HC is a determined and hard working man, and refuses to lose. Though at times he may come off as cocky, I believe it to be self-confidence.

Anyone would be a fool to rule out Ozen. WOW, they had one down year, anybody has the ability to bounce back, i.e. 2004 Central Jags. I don't even think they even scored a td in there first couple of games, then, in 05, they win the district.

Who is to say that this may be the year Nederland and PNG do not make the playoffs. IT is a possibility, but I would not rule out either one. Playing for/with pride can be as effective as playin with blue-chippers. Nederland has a revamped offense, the Spread, in which I believe can and will be effective come August. PNG has their returning backfield in Tatum and Hemmings.

LCM also has their semi-new coach. THis should be a make-or-break year for Moody, due to his claims to turning the LCM program around. A few close games does not result in job security. No BOJO means no go for Moody in 08.

I seriously, do not think that the bottom feeders, such as Vidor and Lumberton, have mush of a chance in the playoff race, but they do seem to always screw things up for the ones that do. Look for one of these two teams to deliver a defeat to one of the front runners of the playoff race in the deeper part of the season.

What do I know, I only played against all of these teams before.

This coming from person who reps a team with a great winning tradition. When was the last time Vidor made the playoffs? Maybe in 2000, when they lost to.......Nederland. Last year was a fluke, and that happened to be the hi-lite of yalls season. You people from Vidor believe there is some rivalry between yall and us. Dude, yall may have beat us...what, 2 times in 40 years. That is a heated rivalry right there.

Let me get off of my soap box:

Dayton proved themselves to be a dominant force in the district. District Champs until proven otherwise.

Central's HC is a determined and hard working man, and refuses to lose. Though at times he may come off as cocky, I believe it to be self-confidence.

Anyone would be a fool to rule out Ozen. WOW, they had one down year, anybody has the ability to bounce back, i.e. 2004 Central Jags. I don't even think they even scored a td in there first couple of games, then, in 05, they win the district.

Who is to say that this may be the year Nederland and PNG do not make the playoffs. IT is a possibility, but I would not rule out either one. Playing for/with pride can be as effective as playin with blue-chippers. Nederland has a revamped offense, the Spread, in which I believe can and will be effective come August. PNG has their returning backfield in Tatum and Hemmings.

LCM also has their semi-new coach. THis should be a make-or-break year for Moody, due to his claims to turning the LCM program around. A few close games does not result in job security. No BOJO means no go for Moody in 08.

I seriously, do not think that the bottom feeders, such as Vidor and Lumberton, have mush of a chance in the playoff race, but they do seem to always screw things up for the ones that do. Look for one of these two teams to deliver a defeat to one of the front runners of the playoff race in the deeper part of the season.

What do I know, I only played against all of these teams before.

Where did I mention Vidor in my post.Did I say Vidor was going to make it to the playoffs?

Yall are the ones who got lucky.Ozen had a off year.You got beat by VIDOR,barely beat LCM and got embarrassed By Central.no one said anything about a rivalry or past records.the thread is about who will be a standout team.My post were dayton,central and probably Ozen.never did I mention Vidor.yall need to worry about maybe having a defense next year and quit making your self feel better by putting down vidor..

Guest 87CRU79

Yall were lucky that you were not called for too many men on the field. When your immature coaches and clueless players ran on the field during one of the plays near the end of the game. That is lucky.

As for our defense:

2 DB's

3 LB's

2 DL's

Returning from last year's young squad. I would almost expect a secondary made of sophomores and juniors to be rather suspect. With a year under there belt, the sky is the limit.

Yall were lucky that you were not called for too many men on the field. When your immature coaches and clueless players ran on the field during one of the plays near the end of the game. That is lucky.

As for our defense:

2 DB's

3 LB's

2 DL's

Returning from last year's young squad. I would almost expect a secondary made of sophomores and juniors to be rather suspect. With a year under there belt, the sky is the limit.

It dont matter what yall have coming back...Mosley will not be back and he was all yall had..

dayton ,central, and ozen/LCM will be in the mix..maybe if PNG can get things started on offense...well those immature coaches and clueless players beat yall..I understand if you are upset..but let it go there is always next year!! :P

I have several pictures of Mosely playing in the PLAYOFFS.  I'll pm them to you if you want them.  ;D

Ozen's biggest problem is consistency in coaching.  They don't keep a coach around long enough to establish a program.

Ned, Central and Dayton will be compete for a spot along with PNG maybe if thier coach decides to change his offense.

I agree with 87Cruz, its put up or shut up at LCM for Moody.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami