You Can't Win Playing Fair

Hagar

4 hours ago, REBgp said:

This is the hidden content, please

Roberts went left on Obamacare.  Gorsuch goes left on immigration.  The four communist are in lockstep.  Marx and Stalin would be proud.  Haggard was right, we are rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell.

I haven't read/heard much on this yet, but what little I have heard is that Gorsuch voted against because the law was too vague...not that the law was wrong. If that is true, I'm with him. But I will have to read more on this before forming an opinion.

For example, when riding JetSkis you have to obey the 50-50-50 law (obviously that is the slang term and not the actual term). This means that you have to idle when within 50 feet of any swimmer, boat, or structure. But that is not exactly how the law reads. The law includes the word "object" as one of the things you must idle by when within 50 feet. Well, a fish is an object. The law is well intentioned, but is worded in a way that a rogue Game Warden can actually give you a ticket for riding a JetSki over 5mph anywhere. I don't know of this happening, but is technically possible. I'm am a stickler for getting the wording as correct as possible, and many laws are just plain pathetic in their wording.

13 hours ago, Englebert said:

I haven't read/heard much on this yet, but what little I have heard is that Gorsuch voted against because the law was too vague...not that the law was wrong. If that is true, I'm with him. But I will have to read more on this before forming an opinion.

For example, when riding JetSkis you have to obey the 50-50-50 law (obviously that is the slang term and not the actual term). This means that you have to idle when within 50 feet of any swimmer, boat, or structure. But that is not exactly how the law reads. The law includes the word "object" as one of the things you must idle by when within 50 feet. Well, a fish is an object. The law is well intentioned, but is worded in a way that a rogue Game Warden can actually give you a ticket for riding a JetSki over 5mph anywhere. I don't know of this happening, but is technically possible. I'm am a stickler for getting the wording as correct as possible, and many laws are just plain pathetic in their wording.

I completely understand your point of vague laws.  My point is, Gotsuch did right.  Played fair. But I'm fairly certain had the situation been reversed none of the 4 leftist would have voted with the right because the law was too vague.  How long can the right play fair?  How long can we afford to be "the bigger man"?