22-5A starts Tuesday

This is probably the most top heavy 5A district in the state for four great to good programs and four also rans.

The playoff teams have to be:

1 Port Arthur

2 Central

3 Ozen

3A Nederland

Central may be the team that gives Memorial the most trouble but they have a tough opener against Nederland.

Its going to be a fun couple of months. Hopefully the district can get by Fort Bend so we can all go to the Alamodome in '18.

Let's stay healthy and ball out!

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

As I've said months ago, No one goes undefeated in district...  Memorial splits with Ozen or Central on the road for their only loss.  

Is your gym in good shape?  I know the school took a hit but the gym ain't the main building.  I always enjoyed watching Ozen, West Brook, TJ, and Lincoln visit. Always a full house.

23 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Is your gym in good shape?  I know the school took a hit but the gym ain't the main building.  I always enjoyed watching Ozen, West Brook, TJ, and Lincoln visit. Always a full house.

No one is allowed in the main building...  But the boys gym is separate.  Nothing wrong with that.  They'll be games in the boys and girls gym at Central...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No one is allowed in the main building...  But the boys gym is separate.  Nothing wrong with that.  They'll be games in the boys and girls gym at Central...

That's great. I hope they find a way to keep central. Y'all got the hand me downs when South Park took over BISD. A new school would be great for Central's kids, without Ozen. Ozen has nice facilities now.

Nederland has played well.  Do they stay within 10 with the Jags?  Its the only competitive game on the slate Tuesday.

12 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

Think your giving Nederland a little to much credit, I'll take Jags by double digits. 

Nederland has won some tournaments this year. There's something to be said about learning to win in difficult circumstances.

I think Central wins it but if they're a jump shooting team like Soulja says and the Jags are a little off Nederland can keep it close. This game by far will be the best game of the lot today. 

Ozen and Memorial win easy tonight while only parents are watching Livingston v PNG (aka scalpers night off).