I'm starting to think that...

BMTSoulja1

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Are we saying this WITHOUT seeing the West Brook kid play?  Have any of you seen him this year or last year?  Kid put up crazy numbers against 6a talent every week.

I have seen him twice this year. Will be seeing Johnson this week.

I'll come back to this thread this coming weekend with my thoughts.

1 hour ago, biaplayer said:

So I guess the college scouts don't know a damn thing. If RJ was playing for your school your team would be kicking everyones butt week end week out. Its all good, Let him keep proving you haters wrong lol. Trust me Soulja1 RJ is pass first run second. He gets it done with his arm. I had to laugh at his dad who sits right beside me at the home games. He over threw Hughes on a deep route and a crossing route that Hughes was wide open, I thought his dad was gonna have a heart attach, he gets more upset than I do lol. Just think he was a lil off in first half, but still managed to roll up 45 points in first half, not to mention the two scores called back on penalties. Im not taking nothing away from WBs QB he is a damn good QB know his dad as well used to work with him , haven't gotten the chance to see him play but I promise you I would rather have RJ running in open field than any qb in the state and that's a fact, kid just makes thing happen and isn't a showboat, all business, call him boy wonder if you want, I like to think of him as just plain ole playmaker, This kid is real deal!!

Having had years of sports conversation with you, mostly off record, you praising him (boy wonder) goes a long way.  Lol.  

And someone that gets more intense in a game than you?  I gotta sit with Mr. Johnson one day...  Lol

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Hell of a game to make an assessment lol.  TW is a solid defense....

The two games I saw West Brook play were against weak defenses (St. Thomas and College Park). So if Johnson has a good game against Memorial defense, well................

I may go over to The Woodlands Thursday to check out West Brook game.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The two games I saw West Brook play were against weak defenses (St. Thomas and College Park). So if Johnson has a good game against Memorial defense, well................

I may go over to The Woodlands Thursday to check out West Brook game.

I'm on the same page with you there....

9 minutes ago, Wb Tex said:

Right so what team will Johnson face on that level . Only team he will face like that would be in a state championship game

Neither of these teams that West Brook has played has a good defense. Nothing compared to Memorial.

Sept. 15 - at Sheldon C.E. King, 56-20

Sept. 21 - Houston St. Thomas Catholic, 49-16

Sept. 29 - at Montgomery, 46-20*

Oct. 5 - The Woodlands College Park, 51-3

4 minutes ago, Wb Tex said:

So you going to base it on a 3rd PA to a state finalist

No.

But to compare the defenses is not exactly fair.

You want to say Elia faces better competition. I say Johnson faces comparable competition in playoffs because he doesn't have a 6A offensive line, 6A wide receivers or 6A running backs to work with.

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No.

But to compare the defenses is not exactly fair.

You want to say Elia faces better competition. I say Johnson faces comparable competition in playoffs because he doesn't have a 6A offensive line, 6A wide receivers or 6A running backs to work with.

You can also say his stats going be better cause he doesn't have that many players to share the ball with also

21 minutes ago, Wb Tex said:

You can also say his stats going be better cause he doesn't have that many players to share the ball with also

Not using just stats in my assessment. The eye test is what matters most to me.

But, in Johnson's case, he has less carries than Elia has this season. So who is sharing the ball less? ;)

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not using just stats in my assessment. The eye test is what matters most to me.

But, in Johnson's case, he has less carries than Elia has this season. So who is sharing the ball less? ;)

Well stated Johnson is a pass first then run more so this year. He is learning every game and is way ahead of his competition!