IT'S RIVALRY WEEK!

robanadana

22 hours ago, Michele said:

Quit with the rivalry talk already, please!  A real rivalry game will be Nederland and PNG.  Nederland will beat Vidor and continue to move on to the next opponent in line.  Kept Titans in check last night like I knew they would so not concerned with what Vidor thinks they can do.

GO BULLDOGS !!! (the TRUE Black & Gold team, not a copy cat)m

5 hours ago, REBgp said:

History?  You really want to go there.  At least the Pirates won (shared) the Dist Championship.  In fact, since 2016 the Pirates have won or shared the DC every year.  In that same lengthy period, Nederland has failed to make the playoffs. :) 

Btw, y'all have a shot at fourth this year to break the string.  Wish you the best of luck.

Sure we can go there. You vidor fans tend to get upset when we don't just think Vidor is this dominant program. One win every six years within 3 points and generally a injured team and y'all think Vidor is just a beast team. Until they do something on their own it'll be the same story. One win every couple years which will add to the massive gap that would take Vidor 100 years to even the overall record. When they win their OWN DC, I'll be impressed (by the way Nederland needs one more and they will have owned over half of the decades DCs). When Vidor goes to the playoffs years and years in a row.....I'll be impressed. Haven't seen any of it. But if district wins within 3 points on beat up teams gives y'all pirate pride then hey whatever. JM has said in many interviews he wants to be like Nederland. Doesn't help your case that Vidor is a solid year to year team that has other teams wanting to follow in their" successful" program history 

2 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Sure we can go there. You vidor fans tend to get upset when we don't just think Vidor is this dominant program. One win every six years within 3 points and generally a injured team and y'all think Vidor is just a beast team. Until they do something on their own it'll be the same story. One win every couple years which will add to the massive gap that would take Vidor 100 years to even the overall record. When they win their OWN DC, I'll be impressed (by the way Nederland needs one more and they will have owned over half of the decades DCs). When Vidor goes to the playoffs years and years in a row.....I'll be impressed. Haven't seen any of it. But if district wins within 3 points on beat up teams gives y'all pirate pride then hey whatever. JM has said in many interviews he wants to be like Nederland. Doesn't help your case that Vidor is a solid year to year team that has other teams wanting to follow in their" successful" program history 

Lol, you are a piece of work.  I'm sincerely glad you're not representative of the average Bulldog fan, or members of this Forum.  If you couldn't tell that post was written in jest, you are one strange individual.  Either you have a superiority or inferior complex, but I'm not a psychologist, so I've no idea which.  

In earlier post on this thread I've referenced the many times Ned has best Vidor.  Guess you didn't bother reading them.  I'd suggest you come down off your ivory tower and quit embarrassing the rest of Bulldog Nation. 

46 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Lol, you are a piece of work.  I'm sincerely glad you're not representative of the average Bulldog fan, or members of this Forum.  If you couldn't tell that post was written in jest, you are one strange individual.  Either you have a superiority or inferior complex, but I'm not a psychologist, so I've know idea which.  

In earlier post on this thread I've referenced the many times Ned has best Vidor.  Guess you didn't bother reading them.  I'd suggest you come down off your ivory tower and quit embarrassing the rest of Bulldog Nation. 

Uhhh Iv been around Vidor fans for years. What I described is what Iv seen over the years, always the same thought process. You maybe in jest, not that way for the rest. That being said maybe you are a accurate representation of pirate pride because countless people on the job (work with many Vidor residents) will literally get upset when I respond to them when they try to invoke Vidor has a dominant team. Many many many many times, I just didn't make this up. I haven't said anything worse than what some fans have said so as an "embarrassement" I invoked no race, no certain people or any foul language as I have seen in the past. If I'm in embarrassment for stating factual reactions then everyone is an embarrassment to their home town. Last year some of these threads got rough and many were way more"embarrassing" then I. 

7 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Uhhh Iv been around Vidor fans for years. What I described is what Iv seen over the years, always the same thought process. You maybe in jest, not that way for the rest. That being said maybe you are a accurate representation of pirate pride because countless people on the job (work with many Vidor residents) will literally get upset when I respond to them when they try to invoke Vidor has a dominant team. Many many many many times, I just didn't make this up. I haven't said anything worse than what some fans have said so as an "embarrassement" I invoked no race, no certain people or any foul language as I have seen in the past. If I'm in embarrassment for stating factual reactions then everyone is an embarrassment to their home town. Last year some of these threads got rough and many were way more"embarrassing" then I. 

Dude you just invoked race in your last post! Come on Nederland Titan nobody thinks Vidor’s Football Program is a power house! We’ve had good years and bad years. Either way the fans are always there to support them. An yes we travel well even in the bad years!  It’s all good! On another note I heard there was a good game between the Titans first string and second string at Bulldog Stadium Monday night!  Heard y’all kept them in check! But it still goes in the lost column! Lol!

7 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

I can't account for other Vidor fans.  Sure, I've seen some post by Vidor fans that I thought were embarrassing, as I have supporters for every team, but my post was so blatantly obvious (one year dominance, c'mon man) to inject humor, I can't believe anyone could take it seriously.  I know Coach Newmann was down to playing eenie meenie miney moe for a QB last year, and several other positions, and Vidor still barely won.  I haven't been to a 22-5A game in 6 years, so I'm no authority on the current teams.  Just like to post a little levity, and every now and then, something serious based on my limited knowledge of football after being around it 60 years. 

Hope you get to go to the game.  I really think it'll be a good one.

33 minutes ago, Realville said:

Dude you just invoked race in your last post! Come on Nederland Titan nobody thinks Vidor’s Football Program is a power house! We’ve had good years and bad years. Either way the fans are always there to support them. An yes we travel well even in the bad years!  It’s all good! On another note I heard there was a good game between the Titans first string and second string at Bulldog Stadium Monday night!  Heard y’all kept them in check! But it still goes in the lost column! Lol!

That wasn't a racial slur....that was a fact. PA is a dominant black school, Nederland is a dominant white school. Nothing wrong with PA/ozen/central being mostly black, nothing wrong with Nederland/PNG, Vidor being dominant white. It's just the demographics of the city. I guess we all come together in the playoffs anyway to support each other 

36 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I can't account for other Vidor fans.  Sure, I've seen some post by Vidor fans that I thought were embarrassing, as I have supporters for every team, but my post was so blatantly obvious (one year dominance, c'mon man) to inject humor, I can't believe anyone could take it seriously.  I know Coach Newmann was down to playing eenie meenie miney moe for a QB last year, and several other positions, and Vidor still barely won.  I haven't been to a 22-5A game in 6 years, so I'm no authority on the current teams.  Just like to post a little levity, and every now and then, something serious based on my limited knowledge of football after being around it 60 years. 

Hope you get to go to the game.  I really think it'll be a good one.

It's generally a good game (except for like 2014) but that's one year. It'll come down to the wire I'm sure, depends on what's on the line and how much the press covers it. If it was Vidor homecoming I would say it's going to be crazy and go into triple OT. I guess we will see what JM has up is sleeve. I bet a surprise pass or two for a TD, barrow better watch out for it 

8 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

That wasn't a racial slur....that was a fact. PA is a dominant black school, Nederland is a dominant white school. Nothing wrong with PA/ozen/central being mostly black, nothing wrong with Nederland/PNG, Vidor being dominant white. It's just the demographics of the city. I guess we all come together in the playoffs anyway to support each other 

I never said you made a racial slur. I said you brought up race. I think you have selective interpretation. Don’t worry about it you’ll be alright. As for the playoffs I drove to Dallas last year to support WOS in the State Championship but I wouldn’t drive a 1 mile down the road to see Nederland in a State Championship! Sorry just being for real. Bye 

2 hours ago, Realville said:

I never said you made a racial slur. I said you brought up race. I think you have selective interpretation. Don’t worry about it you’ll be alright. As for the playoffs I drove to Dallas last year to support WOS in the State Championship but I wouldn’t drive a 1 mile down the road to see Nederland in a State Championship! Sorry just being for real. Bye 

Obviously when referring to race in my post I was referring to the racial slurs posted last year as I mentioned, I figured you were understanding my point. Then who do you follow in the playoffs? We have plenty of black and gold there to support them (usually the only black and gold team in the playoffs) your presence is unnecessary. Excuse me for being "real" so to speak. Adios 

It's generally a good game (except for like 2014) but that's one year. It'll come down to the wire I'm sure, depends on what's on the line and how much the press covers it. If it was Vidor homecoming I would say it's going to be crazy and go into triple OT. I guess we will see what JM has up is sleeve. I bet a surprise pass or two for a TD, barrow better watch out for it 

Jeff probably better have "something".  Ned's D made a statement against PAM.

15 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Obviously when referring to race in my post I was referring to the racial slurs posted last year as I mentioned, I figured you were understanding my point. Then who do you follow in the playoffs? We have plenty of black and gold there to support them (usually the only black and gold team in the playoffs) your presence is unnecessary. Excuse me for being "real" so to speak. Adios 

Sorry I hurt your feelings Nederland Titan just trying to be honest. You may go now.

6 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

No feelings here, just stating some facts. Maybe y'all can pull some talent from WOS. 

Would love too but it’s about 18 to 20 miles from Vidor. The proximity just doesn’t favor us. Like I said before Vidor is not a perennial powerhouse but our boys over the years have put together some good seasons and we’ve had our share of bad seasons. But I promise you they will be ready for Saturday. Hopefully we give y’all a good game. Hoping for a injury free game on both sides.