Vidor vs Barbers Hill predictions thread...

mytwocents-28

I know we don't normally repeat post, but y'all indulge me.  With all this rain, my main concern is when the Mighty Pirate Marching Band performs at halftime, the members losing their shoes on that soggy turf at Barbers Hill.

Back to the game - BH stopped Vidor cold last year.  A good passing attack has historically been Vidor's Achilles Heel.  Would love to see the Pirates win, but it's not likely.  But I'm durn sure pulling for them, and strange things happen.

Go Pirates!

17 hours ago, Vpirate02 said:

What yall got???

To add to the Pirates troubles, appears we'll be in the gym practicing while BH will be in their indoor practice facility (btw, for an old timer like me, the words, "indoor practice facility", is unfathomable).  Times, they are a changing.

BH will not have had a scrimmage prior to this game, so I'm expecting a rusty BH team. However with BH returning a ton from last years team I think they can knock the rust off by the 2nd quarter and take it to the Pirates, but I expect the game to be closer this time. BH has already canceled classes for Monday and Tuesday with more days coming if flooding continues in the area. Speaking of BH's indoor practice facility I heard they have loaned it to Lamar University this week so that they can practice.

I think this game is goignto he BH by 21+. I think 21-5A has only lost once in our last ten or so non-district matchups. For whatever reason it seems like we're more ready to play early in the season. Not to mention BH is bringing back 8 off an offense that dropped forty in he Boneyard and Vidor is bringing back 9 of the kids that gave it up. Plus the game is in Mont Belvieu this year. 

BH pretty easy in this one, unless it's raining and they have to run the ball. 

26 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think this game is goignto he BH by 21+. I think 21-5A has only lost once in our last ten or so non-district matchups. For whatever reason it seems like we're more ready to play early in the season. Not to mention BH is bringing back 8 off an offense that dropped forty in he Boneyard and Vidor is bringing back 9 of the kids that gave it up. Plus the game is in Mont Belvieu this year. 

BH pretty easy in this one, unless it's raining and they have to run the ball. 

Whats your prediction if its raining and they have to run the ball?

1 hour ago, Vpirate02 said:

Whats your prediction if its raining and they have to run the ball?

I think it'll be a lot closer. I still think BH hits one or two big pass plays and ultimately wins but BH isn't set up to beat you with physicality right now, Vidor is. I think BH throws it so well and Vidor is so poor at covering the pass that they won't be able to take advantage of that physicality because BH will be up in the second half of game and Vidor's ball control won't matter. 

Vidor not throwing the ball hurts them twofold. One, they can't score quickly in games they're behind. Two, they don't get to play the pass in practice which always seems to hurt their pass defense during the season, even in years they're actually formidable.

On August 27, 2017 at 3:06 PM, BHFAN said:

BH will not have had a scrimmage prior to this game, so I'm expecting a rusty BH team. However with BH returning a ton from last years team I think they can knock the rust off by the 2nd quarter and take it to the Pirates, but I expect the game to be closer this time. BH has already canceled classes for Monday and Tuesday with more days coming if flooding continues in the area. Speaking of BH's indoor practice facility I heard they have loaned it to Lamar University this week so that they can practice.

Good luck this year.  Think y'all are going to turn 21-5A into a tight run for DC.