The WAY TOO EARLY District Winner Pickem

8 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

1.  Bridge City

2.  Silsbee

3. Navasota

4.  Huffman

5.  LiCk 'eM

6.  Cleveland

Obvious homer pick, but BC will really need some kids to step up and replace a good senior class if they hope to compete for a DC in 2017.  Silsbee will be good, and probably compete for the DC despite losing Tyler and Jones.  I expect Huffman to return to the postseason, and expect Navasota to improve slightly over last year.  I think Cleveland and LiCk 'eM both miss the postseason.  The top four are picked honestly in no particular order.  You could see any of the teams land anywhere in the top four.

It's crazy the difference a year can make.  Last year you could look at this district and figure it to be one of the toughest to advance to the playoffs in... 5 of the 6 teams would likely move on in most other districts.  This year doesn't seem like the district will be as tough across the board.  

This may be a long shot but i got LCM and Silsbee battling it out for the D.C. With a strong Winters and Douglas and Katon Brown at WR. If they stay in the spread they can shock some people. 

40 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

This may be a long shot but i got LCM and Silsbee battling it out for the D.C. With a strong Winters and Douglas and Katon Brown at WR. If they stay in the spread they can shock some people. 

Our defense has to stop people. I think we are going to be better then people think. 

I see PAM being the team to beat and PNG being close behind.

Hines is a beast plus Martin as a great backup.

I've heard it will be between Jones and Ladia at the QB position.  Both have great size and a good skill set.  Jones is one of the best athletes in the area and Ladia has one of the best arms in the area.

Oline is the question mark.

Wr core will be good, bout not as good as the recent group.

Of course Defense will be stout once again.

17 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I agree that the season looks different without my brother for PNG but as far as the Vidor JV love, I'll believe it when I see it on the varisity level on a consistent basis. They are coached well for what they do, but again I got to see it and see it consistently. Other than that, I have no disagreement

Very true.  Usually when Vidor loses their RB and QB to graduation  they regress.

15 hours ago, prepballfan said:

He could be if he is still there or if Nederland will have him

He only took about a half dozen snaps on JV so not sure how happy he was last year. It looks like there will be at least 3 competing for the job this year again..

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Yes, and that will make a big difference between last year and this year.

Doubt it will be a difference at all unless major improvement is made over summer understanding offense ,making right reads of defenses & with no pass no play. Ended up being back up on jv & out played by a wr switched to QB the last 5 games.   

46 minutes ago, kf89 said:

Doubt it will be a difference at all unless major improvement is made over summer understanding offense ,making right reads of defenses & with no pass no play. Ended up being back up on jv & out played by a wr switched to QB the last 5 games.   

I was wondering what happened to him. Maybe he is more of an athlete as opposed to pure QB. Ned will find a position for him.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

Very true.  Usually when Vidor loses their RB and QB to graduation  they regress.

That and the fact that they would have to be greater than the guys the replaced. All the JV talk is cool but it has to translate first. For those who were bringing the point up about PNG JV being bad, hell it was bad. However their 10th grade QB was on the Varsity leading them in to the playoffs. With RJ on JV, that Vidor JV Vidor teams gets waxed just like the varsity did last year, so I have to see it to believe it. That's all I got to say about that ( in my Forest Gump voice)

1 hour ago, kf89 said:

I saw him play the two games that he got at varsity.   He can play QB just fine and was a big upgrade over what Ned had otherwise.

In those two games he threw a 60% completion rate for 224yds and 2 TDs with two ints.  I know that is a pretty small sample size but I watched him almost single handily take over the 2nd half of the Dayton game and dang near bring Ned back for the win. His biggest thing to work on probably will be holding the ball too long, but he has good feet and will stay in the pocket and try to make the completion.

20 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

That and the fact that they would have to be greater than the guys the replaced. All the JV talk is cool but it has to translate first. For those who were bringing the point up about PNG JV being bad, hell it was bad. However their 10th grade QB was on the Varsity leading them in to the playoffs. With RJ on JV, that Vidor JV Vidor teams gets waxed just like the varsity did last year, so I have to see it to believe it. That's all I got to say about that ( in my Forest Gump voice)

Yeah, lets do a little comparison:

Vidor

2016    (8-3) -Maverick Quirante 
2015    (3-7)  
2014    (3-7)  
2013    (4-6)  
2012    (9-2)  -Montana Quirante
2011    (10-3)  -Montana Quirante
2010    (2-6)  
2009    (7-4)  Pittman,Peevey,Tate
2008    (4-4)  
2007    (2-8)  
2006    (3-8)  
2005    (5-4)  
2004    (3-6) 

So, unless they have another Quirante that plays QB, I don't expect to see them in the playoffs .  Especially if Ned has a kicker this year.  Lol.

22 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Is Vidor out of Quirante kids?  Are there more in the pipeline?

Go Indians.  Peace.

8 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Folks must also understand. Since LN is gone...... PN-G will have the coaching advantage over the rest of the district as well.... Yeah.... I said it!!!!

Absolutely disagree. Monte has been in that system for 23 years and knows what it takes to win even with average talent, just ask coach Faircloth. Lol.

26 minutes ago, DogDad2 said:

Absolutely disagree. Monte has been in that system for 23 years and knows what it takes to win even with average talent, just ask coach Faircloth. Lol.

I have known Monte for a long time. I am glad he got the job. Ill leave it at that.......