LC-M vs. Kelly Predictions?

Guest Team Captain 07

If Matt Johnson, Tim Berry, and rest of bears hit and pitch like they did in the brenham, my prediction is LCM alot and Kelly alittle.

Read my lips !! LCM is overrated, but will win this one:

5 to 3 LCM will have atleast 7 errors. :P

Way to go.

LCM 5, Kelly 3

So, Which is it Mustang Blue?  Nice edit after the fact.  Exactly the reason I quoted your original post.  Enjoy your crow.  By the way, how did your team do tonight???

I think people keep putting them up there with the best teams in the area, sure they have a 10-1 record but they have only played one legit 4A team and they got their butts kicked.

I will be the first to eat my words if they finish better than 4th in district. :P

and if they do I give all credit to the ZONE and coach Moore ;D

The entire post is just comical.  First, that you would be the first to eat your words-you mean EDIT them if you are wrong as you did last night?  So we should be sure to blame Coach Moore and the ZONE if they don't make the play-offs I assume since you seem to think he deserves credit for any success this "over-rated" team should have?

My suggestion to you would be to join the posters protection program.  I will explain, I'm sure you need  a little help: 1. change your screen name as you have lost all credibility as a legitimate opinion.  2. in the future post according to factual information rather than how you feel about a particular team and perhaps you won't have to go back and edit your posts.  3. if you must post and you are wrong about something, be a man and admit it. 4. I have already quoted your latest post, so if you go back and edit it, everyone can still read what you originally said, so don't bother.

I think people keep putting them up there with the best teams in the area, sure they have a 10-1 record but they have only played one legit 4A team and they got their butts kicked.

I will be the first to eat my words if they finish better than 4th in district. :P

and if they do I give all credit to the ZONE and coach Moore ;D

LCM is terrible WB beat them like 25-5 in a scrimmage Game!!!

If you go back and read all of his post, most (8 out of 11) bash LC-M.  Just ignore him and maybe he will go back to the football forum.

Also, I think that is the first time I have ever seen someone change their prediction after the game (WOW).  Just curious Mustang Blue, why did you do that?

LCM is terrible WB beat them like 25-5 in a scrimmage Game!!!

Was it a scrimmage or a game?  I believe it was a scrimmage-you know, where everyone pitches, everyone bats, etc?  The reason teams have scrimmages is to improve and figure out who will be in the line-up once the real season rolls around.  With a 10-1 record, in my opinion the Bears seem to be getting those things figured out.  According to the weekly poll on this site, they just keep moving up, which is a good thing.  It is based on performance in ACTUAL GAMES.  Way to go Bears, you continue to prove you have a legitimate shot in this district, even with one returning starter.  Props to this program, congrats Coach Griff, Stevenson and crew on a job well done.

Sure seems to be a lot of LCM bashers on this board lately, wonder why that is?

Quote from Mustang Blues:

"The Brenham tournament will seperate the men from the boys ! Good Luck Bears"

Another quote from Mustang Blues:

"sure they have a 10-1 record but they have only played one legit 4A team and they got their butts kicked." 

So which is it?  Did the Brenham tournament seperarte the men from the boys or not?

All LCM has done is try to win with a new group of kids.  These kids have shown no signs of arrogance.  They simply work hard and try to succeed.  Good job trying to give the credit for their success to a former Mustang. 

Guest coach

[

Sure seems to be a lot of LCM bashers on this board lately, wonder why that is?

I'll tell you why that is.....people are intimidated by success.  Sure, LCM "on paper" seems to be down this year.  Sure, they graduated everyone but Rowell.  However, they have some serious stuff working for them.  They have a strong overall program with proven success under a first-class coach who continually produces powerhouse teams.  No amount of finger-pointing or unfounded one-liners is going to take that away from them.  10 -1 is 10 -1 no matter how you twist it.  Apparently, they are doing something right.  Give credit where credit is due......just because your baseball program leaves more than a little bit to be desired....don't take it out on LCM.  Shoot, your coach can't even get his players to wear their hats the correct way.  It's baseball.....not a hip-hop awards show.

Point is....the Mustangs rule in football.  Wanna know why?  Because Dan Hooks is to Mustang football what Steve Griffith is to LCM baseball.  You guys are very well respected in football....those in LCM baseball expect the same. 

And the Sam Moore/Zone commment......seriously get a life.

Mustang Blue shows the true side of the "sore loser".  The thing is, he discredits his own team when he says that LCM has not played any "quality" competition.  After reading this, he will hide behind a "WOS is a football school" comment.  Funny, I didn't know they had magnet schools for football... :P

All I know is that the young men on the team have not been arrogant, and have gotten to the record they have by hard work and practice.  Not everyone of them have gone through Sam's great program, but almost all of them came up through either Pony Ball or Little League.  I have seen them put in the hours and the effort, from the starters to the guys who might not get a lot of playing time, but are still part of the Bear varsity team.  And that is the point...Coach Griff builds a TEAM, not a couple of stars here and there. 

As to the Hip Hop comment...I have to agree.  I feel sorry for Coach Rivers, because the attitude with the ball caps is too well entrenched...out on the street...hey, go ahead on, look like K-Fed...but on the field...represent, look your best.

I was trying to stay out of this but I just can't. OK Bears return 1 starter and that is Jake the Snake and only 1 pitcher with a varsity outing on the hill Legget and everyone picks them to finish outside of the the top 3 or 4.

I to said let's see how they handle the hostile enviroment in Brenham.....Answer 3-1-1 better than last years team.

Well Coached and some very classy kids who love the game and their opportunity to be a BEAR and all the tradition that goes with it. Let's just enjoy what these kids have accomplished instead of bashing, time will tell how could they will be.........but here is a scary thought for the Mustang or 4A,.. they will be on that field for the next 3 years..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as this Mustang Fan, probably still blames LCM for the playoff crap back in the early 90's.

When the year began most people picked LCM 4th or 5th in district for many reasons.  The way I see it nothing has changed.  Nederland still has the best athletes.  PNG and Ozen still have the best pitching.  Vidor still has its best team in decades and Dayton still has 12 returners.  You people are trying to make way to big of a deal about the first couple of weeks of the season.  You do not see LCM people on this board boasting about their start because they know it is just that.  Our team last year started horrible then ripped off 21 in a row including undeafeted in district.  The only way to prove the critics wrong is to survive the always brutal 22-4A (20-4A).  The Bears players know they are still underdogs until they do it under the lights of 22-4A.

I've been through Sam Moore's program and have also played under Coach Griff and Coach Stevenson for 4 years. Sam has a great program over there at the Zone, but that's not what determines how successful LCM's TEAM is on the field. Griff and Stevenson put many hours in and do an outstanding job preparing those kids for battle.

When the year began most people picked LCM 4th or 5th in district for many reasons.  The way I see it nothing has changed.  Nederland still has the best athletes.  PNG and Ozen still have the best pitching.  Vidor still has its best team in decades and Dayton still has 12 returners.  You people are trying to make way to big of a deal about the first couple of weeks of the season.  You do not see LCM people on this board boasting about their start because they know it is just that.  Our team last year started horrible then ripped off 21 in a row including undeafeted in district.  The only way to prove the critics wrong is to survive the always brutal 22-4A (20-4A).  The Bears players know they are still underdogs until they do it under the lights of 22-4A.

your saying the Bears are the underdogs? from what i been reading yall are suppose to ranked close to the top is what i hear  i dunno  lol  but im ready for district to start so we can see who wants it  cause the district is gunna rely on who wants it the most and who is willing to work the hardest

Guest Mustang Blue

I wish I was still in my 30's. I will agree it has been a few seasons since we put a good team on the diamond.

I guess my words are coming out "discombobulated" I am not taking anything from the LCM coaches, I am simply stating that those "Super Sophmores" have had some great instruction and with out it they wouldnt be as "Super" as they are now.

I am green with envy that alot of those LCM kids get proffessional intruction and play year round. Just think if Earl and Jacoby got that kind of instruction. Maybe MLB 1st or 2nd rounders ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder