Target

stevenash

15 minutes ago, stevenash said:

the stock was down 8% this morning after the company announced declining earnings for the 6th consecutive quarter.  Newtobie, if my memory is correct, it was you who didn't think there would be any reprecussions from their bathroom decision.  Do you still believe that?

Also Starbucks is taking a beating.  When you do UN-American things you usually get spanked for it.  And rightfully so!!

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, stevenash said:

the stock was down 8% this morning after the company announced declining earnings for the 6th consecutive quarter.  Newtobie, if my memory is correct, it was you who didn't think there would be any reprecussions from their bathroom decision.  Do you still believe that?

Do you believe that it maybe possible to just have a loss

That successful companies are so stupid as to actively involve themselves in politics is a mystery to me.  Give money, but don't publicly come out and alienate half of your potential customers.  But alas, such is the stupidity, and the false sense of superiority, of the Left.

• 6 months later...
On 2/27/2017 at 9:30 AM, stevenash said:

This is the hidden content, please

Looks like target may survive after all, and without screwing their employees out of benefits like wal mart

Who said anything about surviving.?  They are simply earning less than expected and/or versus what they used to earn ( in constant dollars) If my memory is correct, isn't it true that in a free society, if one does not like the wages or benefits offered by an employer, he can simply leave for greener pastures?  Or are you one of those who believes an employer "owes" an employee anything he or she ( or, nowadays, it) thinks they "deserve"?

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Who said anything about surviving.?  They are simply earning less than expected and/or versus what they used to earn ( in constant dollars) If my memory is correct, isn't it true that in a free society, if one does not like the wages or benefits offered by an employer, he can simply leave for greener pastures?  Or are you one of those who believes an employer "owes" an employee anything he or she ( or, nowadays, it) thinks they "deserve"?

Corporations do a good job of offering huge payouts to their execs. Most of them deserve this and its their money 

Corporations do a good job of running their operations and do not need the input of those that know nothing, zero, nada, zilch about how to operate a business and insure its longevity.  The markets determine what corporate executives earn just as it determines what LeBron James and Tom Brady earn.  Once again, there is a lot more intelligence in the collective wisdom of the markets than there is in Bernie Sanders, Ellizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton or someone on a message board.