Whats next for Jasper?

Coach Thomas Brooks Turned the job down Monday morning.

Surprissed but then again I'm not.  It didn't make sense for Brooks to leave a 5A for a 3A, but I was hoping he would take in consideration his roots and took the job.  Hopefully this will open the job up for Farrar, he defintely deserves it.

I know this may sound blasphemous since I am a Silsbee Tiger, but I'm really hoping Jasper hires a coach that can turn that program around. It's just not right in the football world to have Jasper at the bottom of the pile. Last year's Bulldog team was one of the worst I have ever seen in all my years of watching Tiger-Bulldog games. Silsbee won the game 35-0, but they only played 2 1/2 quarters due to weather. Silsbee could have scored 60 on this team. The Jasper team was very unagressive and was one of the slower Jasper teams I had ever seen. I know Silsbee had a very good team this year, but in that game I was more suprised in Jasper's lack of talent than Silsbee's good play. It was pretty obvious and that is very unusual. After Jasper dropped down to 3A, I would have bet the house that they would not have a year like last year.

Let's hope they get the right man for the job, those guys up there deserve it.

I know this may sound blasphemous since I am a Silsbee Tiger, but I'm really hoping Jasper hires a coach that can turn that program around. It's just not right in the football world to have Jasper at the bottom of the pile. Last year's Bulldog team was one of the worst I have ever seen in all my years of watching Tiger-Bulldog games. Silsbee won the game 35-0, but they only played 2 1/2 quarters due to weather. Silsbee could have scored 60 on this team. The Jasper team was very unagressive and was one of the slower Jasper teams I had ever seen. I know Silsbee had a very good team this year, but in that game I was more suprised in Jasper's lack of talent than Silsbee's good play. It was pretty obvious and that is very unusual. After Jasper dropped down to 3A, I would have bet the house that they would not have a year like last year.

Let's hope they get the right man for the job, those guys up there deserve it.

You have said a mouthful.  I live at a distance so have no idea what has been happening at Jasper.  But, in 4a, with just a few more athletes, Jasper for years seemed to have enough athletes to compete at 4a, and even against the strong 5a teams they played.  Suddenly, there seems to be a problem with "numbers".  I think part of the answer lies in some (maybe several) athletes opting to play only basketball, and or baseball.  Why these players opted to not play football is unknown to me.  They probably had good reasons.  But, to excel in sports, we need those players to play all the sports.  Maybe a new administration can get some of those players back out to play football as well as the other sports.  :)  Oh for the days when Jasper had athletes like Reggie Davis who played on the FB team which lost to Willowridge (Thurman Thomas) in the playoffs, played basketball, ran track on a state championship team, and just a month or so later was back in Austin playing on a Jasper state tournament baseball team.

As for the Jasper/Silsbee game last year, I think the youngsters finally just ran out of steam.  I saw them play a pretty good 4a Livingston team early in the year and actually I thought they looked pretty good then.  Given a decent chance, they should be back strong this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83