Buna 86 Kountze 78/FINAL - OT

WOSgrad

40 minutes ago, ReconMarine1980 said:

I know everyone is talking about Coach Whitmire from Buna and Coach J from Kountze being 2 of the best coaches in the area, and I agree 100%, but watching Kountze play and Buna Play,  their 2 Asst. Coaches work just as hard,  while both Head Coaches are talking to some of the players the 2 assts. are "working" the Officials are talking with other players, after watching some other High Schools play most Assts. sit on the bench and never say anything, and leave everything to the Head Coach,  Buna and Kountze Assts. are putting in the time with kids to do what they are supposed to do....Help the Head Coach..Both Coaches are extremely Lucky to have 2 Assts. who are willing to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes to support and help their Head Coaches and players to get to the next level..and I really feel good Assts. are hard to find, So Next time your at a game watch the Assts. and see how they contribute..Again good luck to both Buna and Kountze in the playoffs,  Both Teams have been amazing to watch this year...

I'm not saying they aren't good coaches.  But, last year it was pretty widely accepted that Kevin Foster (Big Sandy) was the best coach in the area.

It's funny how much better/worse of a coach someone is based on talent.  Just curious...is Coach Foster a worse coach this year than he was last?  Again...just curious.

15 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm not saying they aren't good coaches.  But, last year it was pretty widely accepted that Kevin Foster (Big Sandy) was the best coach in the area.

It's funny how much better/worse of a coach someone is based on talent.  Just curious...is Coach Foster a worse coach this year than he was last?  Again...just curious.

To answer your question directly, I still think Brian English and Andre Boutee are the best coaches in this area, but no it does not make him a worse coach. If anything after losing all but one player and still winning their district it should further an argument to be had for Coach Foster. 

But I do think your coaching ceiling also has a lot to do with the talent you have in the program. 

5 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

To answer your question directly, I still think Brian English and Andre Boutee are the best coaches in this area, but no it does not make him a worse coach. If anything after losing all but one player and still winning their district it should further an argument to be had for Coach Foster. 

But I do think your coaching ceiling also has a lot to do with the talent you have in the program. 

Well, Big Sandy didn't win their district.  But like you said...lost literally everybody.

And yes your last statement it the point I try to make all of the time.  Especially when people downplay someone's ability to coach.  

The amount of talent you have is more important than the ability to coach.  

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well, Big Sandy didn't win their district.  But like you said...lost literally everybody.

And yes your last statement it the point I try to make all of the time.  Especially when people downplay someone's ability to coach.  

The amount of talent you have is more important than the ability to coach.  

I thought I seen that they did but maybe I'm just so used to it. 

If you switch the coaches from the worst team in this area and the best team, it will be tough to ask for much difference no matter how good the coach knows his Xs and Os. 

22 hours ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

I thought I seen that they did but maybe I'm just so used to it. 

If you switch the coaches from the worst team in this area and the best team, it will be tough to ask for much difference no matter how good the coach knows his Xs and Os. 

If you switch the worst coach in the area with the best, one team is going to get better the other will get worse! It's a  double edged sword, players can make coaches look good, as coaches can make players look good.  I've seen many teams with good players lose to teams they shouldn't, because of coaching. 

35 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

If you switch the worst coach in the area with the best, one team is going to get better the other will get worse! It's a  double edged sword, players can make coaches look good, as coaches can make players look good.  I've seen many teams with good players lose to teams they shouldn't, because of coaching. 

I said it would be tough. Not impossible. Of course the worst team would get better. But probably not state championship caliber better. Your limited to your resources at hand. What you do with those resources is what makes you a good coach or a great coach.