Should HJ Close School Thur. For Game? Chapel Hill Might!

FROM SMOAKY.COM

Should Chapel Hill Schools close for State Playoff Basketball Game

I was told administration will meet Sunday to decide what to do on Thursday.

What do you think?

Should administration close Chapel Hill ISD Thursday to allow fans to attend the game?

Talk is super said no - nothing final yet.

I personally think that HJ should close school; if not, they are going to have an immense amount of absences regardless. It would give the students, as well as the faculty a chance to show school pride and give the support that HJ deserves. It's an honor to be in the state tourney....chalk it up as a "bad weather day" on the school calendar if it's the particulars that are getting in the way...again - just my opinion :)

I think that the bottom line is that half of HJ will not be at school anyway, so why not close the school for a "weather day", and then be able to make it up later.  When i was at HJ, and our girls made their deep run into the playoffs, school was not cancelled, and we just spent half the day in our classes listening to the games and not learning anyway. 

It's all about the bottom line here.  If these schools weigh their options and if they figure that there will be more students gone than present in class that day they will cancel classes because they will lose $$!

I wish the baseball team (half the Hawk Hecklers) could be there.  I know it really helped when they walked in to a round of applause yesterday.  I've never been to the Drum for the State tournament.  My understanding is that it's a strange environment for the players, because the entire lower bowl is occupied by coaches who usually don't cheer for either side.  Since Tyler is bigger than Sour Lake, China, and Nome put together, we fans are simply going to have to be louder and crazier than ever.

They cant close school for it......unfortunate for some students. When WOS went last year the school allowed it to be an excused abscence, like someone had said. WOS did it where if a student went, they keep there ticket and got it signed by a school administrator at the game and just turned it in to the school to put it on record. I'm sure HJ will do the same or something like it.

I wish the baseball team (half the Hawk Hecklers) could be there.  I know it really helped when they walked in to a round of applause yesterday.  I've never been to the Drum for the State tournament.  My understanding is that it's a strange environment for the players, because the entire lower bowl is occupied by coaches who usually don't cheer for either side.  Since Tyler is bigger than Sour Lake, China, and Nome put together, we fans are simply going to have to be louder and crazier than ever.

The baseball team plays at 10am on Thursday aginst C.E. King...were just gonna 10 run them so we can finish by 11-11:30 then i mean its teenagers driving so im sure that we can make it to the game by 2-2:30. Mark my words the baseball team will be there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83