Obama designates two national monuments, outrages Republicans

LumRaiderFan

28 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The "stone walling" happened on each end of the spectrum.  A Centrist ( with allegedly no political ax to grind) would seemingly grasp that.  Despite her sins, what is it that creates your "love" for Hillary Clinton? As for your theory that Trump knows how to use the bully pulpit ( and thus the inference that Obama does not) you are confirming my contention that Mr. Obama lacked certain leadership qualities.

The Clintons are blue dog democrats that know how to work with Republicans to get things done (mainly Bill).  Whether it was luck or by effort, Bill Clinton presided over an extremely successful time in our recent history.  Yeah, he was a horn dog and that is wrong, but I don't diminish his abilities as a politician that worked for the good of all people.  Hillary despite some bad decisions is incredibly successful and a champion for the disenfranchised.  If we can accept Trump's dirt, we can accept the Clinton's dirt.

Yes, President Obama lacked the leadership skill when it relates to using the bully pulpit.  

20 minutes ago, Remmus said:

The Clintons are blue dog democrats that know how to work with Republicans to get things done (mainly Bill).  Whether it was luck or by effort, Bill Clinton presided over an extremely successful time in our recent history.  Yeah, he was a horn dog and that is wrong, but I don't diminish his abilities as a politician that worked for the good of all people.  Hillary despite some bad decisions is incredibly successful and a champion for the disenfranchised.  If we can accept Trump's dirt, we can accept the Clinton's dirt.

Yes, President Obama lacked the leadership skill when it relates to using the bully pulpit.  

And what is it,( other than  words/speeches) that makes one a champion for the disenfranchised?  Let me give you an alternate perspective:  When one is wildly "successful" but makes some "bad decisions/actions" it casts a negative light on what and how that "success" was achieved.

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And what is it,( other than  words/speeches) that makes one a champion for the disenfranchised?  Let me give you an alternate perspective:  When one is wildly "successful" but makes some "bad decisions/actions" it casts a negative light on what and how that "success" was achieved.

You're reaching.

Hillary came from a middle class family and went on to graduate from Wellesley College (acceptance rate in the 20 percentile) and then Yale Law.  She's a former senator, secretary of state, and first female to receive the nomination of a major party.  Her husband happens to be a former president.  Her commitment to social causes is well documented.  

38 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I will give Bill Clinton some credit for the prosperous times under his reign. But this only came about after Newt Gingrich forced his hand. Bill shut the government down, twice, to continue his wild spending. Only after Newt handed him his rear did Bill finally decide to relent compromise. But Bill is a filthy liar and was impeached for it.

As far as Hillary, well nevermind. If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all. But one thing I'm curious about is why the Left (and the Right) doesn't hammer her on the Gender Pay Gap fallacy. She continues to loudly trumpet this lie, but is guilty of the very thing she incredulously defends. It has been known as far back as the 1990s that the Gender Pay Gap exists because women on average work less than men. With many businesses having an experience/seniority driven pay scale, it is just common sense that men would have a higher pay average. But the studies that claimed the Gender Pay Gap existed failed to account for the lower average of time worked. When subsequent studies where done, which included comparing years of experience (apples to apples), unsurprisingly the Gender Pay Gap disappeared. She should know this, which makes her a filthy liar (well, just reaffirms she is a filthy liar). If she doesn't know this, she is a buffoon.

And don't get me started on Chelsea. Actually, I don't know a single thing about her other than her last name is Clinton.

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I will give Bill Clinton some credit for the prosperous times under his reign. But this only came about after Newt Gingrich forced his hand. Bill shut the government down, twice, to continue his wild spending. Only after Newt handed him his rear did Bill finally decide to relent compromise. But Bill is a filthy liar and was impeached for it.

As far as Hillary, well nevermind. If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all. But one thing I'm curious about is why the Left (and the Right) doesn't hammer her on the Gender Pay Gap fallacy. She continues to loudly trumpet this lie, but is guilty of the very thing she incredulously defends. It has been known as far back as the 1990s that the Gender Pay Gap exists because women on average work less than men. With many businesses having an experience/seniority driven pay scale, it is just common sense that men would have a higher pay average. But the studies that claimed the Gender Pay Gap existed failed to account for the lower average of time worked. When subsequent studies where done, which included comparing years of experience (apples to apples), unsurprisingly the Gender Pay Gap disappeared. She should know this, which makes her a filthy liar (well, just reaffirms she is a filthy liar). If she doesn't know this, she is a buffoon.

And don't get me started on Chelsea. Actually, I don't know a single thing about her other than her last name is Clinton.

LOL re: Chelsea.

I am a former beneficiary of gender bias in pay.  I was paid more than my female supervisor.  When she found out...LMAO.  Wasn't a good day.

Newt wasn't some kind of fiscal Svengali.  He benefited from the bull market just as much as Bill.  Their working TOGETHER landed us with a surplus. 

4 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I am a former beneficiary of gender bias in pay.  I was paid more than my female supervisor.  When she found out...LMAO.  Wasn't a good day.

Newt wasn't some kind of fiscal Svengali.  He benefited from the bull market just as much as Bill.  Their working TOGETHER landed us with a surplus. 

So was welfare reform Bill's idea...or did he "compromise"?

15 minutes ago, Remmus said:

You're reaching.

Hillary came from a middle class family and went on to graduate from Wellesley College (acceptance rate in the 20 percentile) and then Yale Law.  She's a former senator, secretary of state, and first female to receive the nomination of a major party.  Her husband happens to be a former president.  Her commitment to social causes is well documented.  

Other than words/speeches, that  commitment is evidenced in what manner?

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So was welfare reform Bill's idea...or did he "compromise"?

Compromise...Newt's idea and Newt campaigned well to get it done.  Welfare reform supports the belief that liberalism has hurt poor Americans (typically African Americans are sited).  

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol...I don't hate the woman...just glad she didn't become President.

You can love her if you want...it's OK.

I'm glad she didn't become president either.  Like I said repeatedly, she was more of the same and had no new ideas for the economy.  Bernie was coming from the hard left like Jimmy Carter.  A lot of the republican candidates were a who's who of Pavlov dogs.  Trump was the only guy speaking about new ideas.

10 minutes ago, Remmus said:

You can't be the beneficiary of something non-existent. There is no such thing as Gender Pay Gap or Gender Bias in Pay. Examples exist of men making more for the same job with the same experience, and examples exist for women making more. Studies prove there is absolutely no systemic practice of paying men higher wages.

Bill had to be dragged tooth and nail into working together. He shut the government down twice trying to fight Newt. Only after this did not work, did he have the compromise epiphany.

6 minutes ago, Remmus said:

LOL.  See Hillary's work while at Yale Law and moving forward.  You can hate the lady if you want.  

See Hillary's work on Watergate. One would have to be incredibly morally deficient to be fired from a Lawyer firm for unethical practices. That's like the LBGT community kicking you out for being too gay.

3 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I'm glad she didn't become president either.  Like I said repeatedly, she was more of the same and had no new ideas for the economy.  Bernie was coming from the hard left like Jimmy Carter.  A lot of the republican candidates were a who's who of Pavlov dogs.  Trump was the only guy speaking about new ideas.

Nah, Cruz had a new idea, run the country according to the Constitution.

6 minutes ago, Englebert said:

You can't be the beneficiary of something non-existent. There is no such thing as Gender Pay Gap or Gender Bias in Pay. Examples exist of men making more for the same job with the same experience, and examples exist for women making more. Studies prove there is absolutely no systemic practice of paying men higher wages.

Bill had to be dragged tooth and nail into working together. He shut the government down twice trying to fight Newt. Only after this did not work, did he have the compromise epiphany.

See Hillary's work on Watergate. One would have to be incredibly morally deficient to be fired from a Lawyer firm for unethical practices. That's like the LBGT community kicking you out for being too gay.

LMAO!!!  Now that's funny (and sadly true).

Hillary and that law firm had more to do with her bar exam than the conspiracy theories.