Aleddo and Cedar Park going DivII

MrFleet23

current standings with attendance (2 high to Div 1, 2 low to Div 2).  I am not as smart as the rest of you guys.  The only way CP goes Div2 is if Rouse gets in?  If Hutto and Rouse win out and Hutto did beat Rouse, what else is in play here?

1.  Cedar Park - 1949

2.  Connally - 1977

3.  Georgetown - 1876

4.  Hutto - 1775

5.  Rouse - 2006

6.  Elgin - 1305

Others....

3 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

current standings with attendance (2 high to Div 1, 2 low to Div 2).  I am not as smart as the rest of you guys.  The only way CP goes Div2 is if Rouse gets in?  If Hutto and Rouse win out and Hutto did beat Rouse, what else is in play here?

1.  Cedar Park - 1949

2.  Connally - 1977

3.  Georgetown - 1876

4.  Hutto - 1775

5.  Rouse - 2006

6.  Elgin - 1305

Others....

I think I see it.  If Georgetown loses to Connally, that puts Georgetown outside looking in.  Bumps Rouse in as Div 1 #2 seed.  Is that correct?

10 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I think I see it.  If Georgetown loses to Connally, that puts Georgetown outside looking in.  Bumps Rouse in as Div 1 #2 seed.  Is that correct?

Yes. Assuming that District 19-5A uses net points as a second tie breaker, that tie breaker would come into effect as the three teams are each 1-1 in head to head play if Georgetown loses to Connally.  Under that tie breaker, assuming an 18 point margin of victory cap, would be Rouse +8 (+18 for a 23 pt win over Georgetown and -10 for a 10 point loss to Hutto), Hutto +7 (+10 for a 10 point win over Rouse and -3 for a 3 point loss to Georgeown) and Georgetown -15 (+3 for a 3 point win over Hutto and -18 for a 23 point loss to Rouse).  That would give Rouse and Hutto the final 2 spots out 19-5A.  As both Rouse and Connally have larger ADMs than Cedar Park, that would push CP to DII.

3 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

These aren't set. It's projections of what they think will happen. And they haven't been updated since Oct 25th. Could look different in this weeks projections. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Idk where folks get accurate enrollments from tried using Google last night got 3 different numbers for Cedar Park. It's not on their website

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Yes. Assuming that District 19-5A uses net points as a second tie breaker, that tie breaker would come into effect as the three teams are each 1-1 in head to head play if Georgetown loses to Connally.  Under that tie breaker, assuming an 18 point margin of victory cap, would be Rouse +8 (+18 for a 23 pt win over Georgetown and -10 for a 10 point loss to Hutto), Hutto +7 (+10 for a 10 point win over Rouse and -3 for a 3 point loss to Georgeown) and Georgetown -15 (+3 for a 3 point win over Hutto and -18 for a 23 point loss to Rouse).  That would give Rouse and Hutto the final 2 spots out 19-5A.  As both Rouse and Connally have larger ADMs than Cedar Park, that would push CP to DII.

That's the correct scenario.

GT will beat PC, game is in GT and they are playing to get in. PC's only motivation other than basic pride is helping to push CP down to DII so they won't have to meet them again in DI assuming they both make it that far. It's the old Jimmy the Greek "intangible", motivation for GT is I think higher, that alone won't win the game but they have the horses to do it, should be a great game. I think CP goes D1 as it should be. While an Aledo/CP championship game has allure (assuming alot of things along the way), so does CP/Manvel/Denton Ryan. 

4 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Idk where folks get accurate enrollments from tried using Google last night got 3 different numbers for Cedar Park. It's not on their website

Schools submit them to the UIL every other year, and the UIL uses those to drive realignment. The numbers are on the UIL website.

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please