PNG vs OZEN

11 hours ago, The Icon said:

Please elaborate 

Every game before the Nederland game were NEEDED games, but we lost to a team down to their 6th string QB and their best athlete was on the sideline injured...  no urgency from the staff

We barely skate by Lumberton, still didn't run the offense.. 

The PN-G game...  More of the same...

All I have to say, no excuses.  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Every game before the Nederland game were NEEDED games, but we lost to a team down to their 6th string QB and their best athlete was on the sideline injured...  no urgency from the staff

We barely skate by Lumberton, still didn't run the offense.. 

The PN-G game...  More of the same...

All I have to say, no excuses.  

Sorry man...

Sounds like Foreman may have checked out, or the kids may have checked out from him. Either way, hope things work out for y'all in jaguar land 

1 hour ago, Tj yellow jacket said:

Does anyone have Rj stats year to date? Bigbro can you help us out with this?

I am just going to throw this out there.... I consider myself, a pretty smart PNG stat guy... I have seen some good talent come through in my time.... I rank PNG QBs in history like this.....

1. D. Long

2. R. Ethridge

3. R. Robertson

4. B. Doty

5. J. Musser

That would be my top 5. And for anyone in the know... Thats a solid top 5....

But as a sophomore, I am more impressed with what R.J. has done, vs D.L. now granted, its 2 totally different situations. D.L. was a drop back passer, that read a defense and made his own calls on the field. Typical pro style with a 4.7 40 to boot... But as a dual threat, system Q.B. i think R.J. is pretty impressive. I am a history buff, and not to often do I say any of these younger generation guys have the capability, but in this case, I have been impressed what he has done. That being said, I have no idea what his stats are, but his TD ratio has to be up towards the top of the district.... He might have personally scored more TDs than some teams have all together during the season....

Richy Ethridge was a 2-year starter in 1975 and 1976.  27-2 W/L record with a state championship in '75 and a loss in the semi-finals in '76.  Nice list Strattrax...hard to argue with those QBs...lots of good stats and big time wins by those Indians.

Go Indians.  Peace.

3 hours ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

I am just going to throw this out there.... I consider myself, a pretty smart PNG stat guy... I have seen some good talent come through in my time.... I rank PNG QBs in history like this.....

1. D. Long

2. R. Ethridge

3. R. Robertson

4. B. Doty

5. J. Musser

That would be my top 5. And for anyone in the know... Thats a solid top 5....

But as a sophomore, I am more impressed with what R.J. has done, vs D.L. now granted, its 2 totally different situations. D.L. was a drop back passer, that read a defense and made his own calls on the field. Typical pro style with a 4.7 40 to boot... But as a dual threat, system Q.B. i think R.J. is pretty impressive. I am a history buff, and not to often do I say any of these younger generation guys have the capability, but in this case, I have been impressed what he has done. That being said, I have no idea what his stats are, but his TD ratio has to be up towards the top of the district.... He might have personally scored more TDs than some teams have all together during the season....

not to take away from his accomplishments, but like how people try to compare Hines to J.C, you can't compare R.J. to ANY of those IMO. todays teams are soft. PAM defense is by far NOWHERE NEAR what defenses was back then and PAM held him in check for the most part, DESPITE THE SCORE. against the teams R.J. has faced, those other Q.B.'s would have lit it up. Silsbee, GCM, Lumberton,Livingston, Lee, Central...combined have a losing record. do you really value his numbers against weak competition? i know and get HE can't help who is on the schedule, but we will see what the young man is made of in the playoffs. PAM gave a glimpse and that's not a knock on him, but like the old saying,  "everyone looks good in t shirts and shorts"...well everyone looks good against inferior teams...even PAM....sometimes

2 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Richy Ethridge was a 2-year starter in 1975 and 1976.  27-2 W/L record with a state championship in '75 and a loss in the semi-finals in '76.  Nice list Strattrax...hard to argue with those QBs...lots of good stats and big time wins by those Indians.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Its very hard to make a list, but if you take championships and leadership, Richy is the guy. I grew up at his house as a wee child... Literally... Looked up to those guys. But pure QB, D. Long was the guy. He called most of his plays, without the help of a coach telling him to throw to a certain guy. Robertson, Doty, and Musser... Pure leaders who stepped up with big wins against rivals, with D.C.s and some playoff runs. I know the rah rahs will ask about others because of numbers... And thats fine... Just my opinion on the subject. I do think RJ will get on the list if he stays at PN-G and stays healthy.... And all these guys, minus Doty, played in the day of 1 or 2 teams getting into the playoffs. Back then there was no cupcakes in the first few rounds like nowadays.... All those guys had wins over Nederland. Musser over Nederland and WOS. All had a DC. And 2 had state finalists suads, one with a Championship. Robertson went 4 rounds, and Doty went 3. Pretty impressive in my book.....

4 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

Its very hard to make a list, but if you take championships and leadership, Richy is the guy. I grew up at his house as a wee child... Literally... Looked up to those guys. But pure QB, D. Long was the guy. He called most of his plays, without the help of a coach telling him to throw to a certain guy. Robertson, Doty, and Musser... Pure leaders who stepped up with big wins against rivals, with D.C.s and some playoff runs. I know the rah rahs will ask about others because of numbers... And thats fine... Just my opinion on the subject. I do think RJ will get on the list if he stays at PN-G and stays healthy.... And all these guys, minus Doty, played in the day of 1 or 2 teams getting into the playoffs. Back then there was no cupcakes in the first few rounds like nowadays.... All those guys had wins over Nederland. Musser over Nederland and WOS. All had a DC. And 2 had state finalists suads, one with a Championship. Robertson went 4 rounds, and Doty went 3. Pretty impressive in my book.....

EXACTLY about the 1 and 2 teams getting in and the cupcakes of today!! that would be my personal * on RJ...however, it's what it is now.

18 minutes ago, pakronos said:

not to take away from his accomplishments, but like how people try to compare Hines to J.C, you can't compare R.J. to ANY of those IMO. todays teams are soft. PAM defense is by far NOWHERE NEAR what defenses was back then and PAM held him in check for the most part, DESPITE THE SCORE. against the teams R.J. has faced, those other Q.B.'s would have lit it up. Silsbee, GCM, Lumberton,Livingston, Lee, Central...combined have a losing record. do you really value his numbers against weak competition? i know and get HE can't help who is on the schedule, but we will see what the young man is made of in the playoffs. PAM gave a glimpse and that's not a knock on him, but like the old saying,  "everyone looks good in t shirts and shorts"...well everyone looks good against inferior teams...even PAM....sometimes

Definitely not anointing anyone. But on terms as a sophomore, these are my opinions. Will be hard to crack the list without important wins and playoff runs. The only person on the list without a playoff run is Musser... But he came up against a Silsbee team that was legit round 1... No cupcakes back in those days. You can put up a ton of numbers in a system, that does not mean you are the GOAT. RJ has shown he has the skills, but within the next two seasons, once he improves, he has the potential to be as good as he wants.... You are correct, the Rah Rahs think kids today are bigger, stronger, faster... That may be, but they would be crushed by a 88 WOS, or a 89 PNG team...

4 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

Definitely not anointing anyone. But on terms as a sophomore, these are my opinions. Will be hard to crack the list without important wins and playoff runs. The only person on the list without a playoff run is Musser... But he came up against a Silsbee team that was legit round 1... No cupcakes back in those days. You can put up a ton of numbers in a system, that does not mean you are the GOAT. RJ has shown he has the skills, but within the next to seasons, once he improves, he has the potential to be as good as he wants.... You are correct, the Rah Rahs think kids today are bigger, stronger, faster... That may be, but they would be crushed by a 88 WOS, or a *89 PNG team...

i was a freshman and witnessed that 89 GROWN MAN PNG squad. Ron McGill was a man child

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i was a freshman and witnessed that 89 GROWN MAN PNG squad. Ron McGill was a man child

My top 2 games of all time would be WOS-PN-G 89 as #1 And the 99 game as #2.

89 Both undefeated.. WO-S off back to back Championships... Ranked number 1

PN-G coming back from the Butch Troy days of losing with a hot headed Danny Malone that made us believe we could win... Ranked #7..... WOS pulls it out at home on a bomb with 1 minute left.. PN-G runs every trick play known to man just to stay in the game.... One of the best High School games I can remember.. This is all in Week 10..... And then WO-S goes on to lose first round of playoffs...... Ron was the baddest white running back I have ever seen... Derek Giron from Lincoln, went on to LSU told me, he had never seen a white guy so fast through high school and college.... True 4.47......

16 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

My top 2 games of all time would be WOS-PN-G 89 as #1 And the 99 game as #2.

89 Both undefeated.. WO-S off back to back Championships... Ranked number 1

PN-G coming back from the Butch Troy days of losing with a hot headed Danny Malone that made us believe we could win... Ranked #7..... WOS pulls it out at home on a bomb with 1 minute left.. PN-G runs every trick play known to man just to stay in the game.... One of the best High School games I can remember.. This is all in Week 10..... And then WO-S goes on to lose first round of playoffs...... Ron was the baddest white running back I have ever seen... Derek Giron from Lincoln, went on to LSU told me, he had never seen a white guy so fast through high school and college.... True 4.47......

Man I haven't heard Derek Giron name in years, love my Bumblebees!!!!

4 hours ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

Long started 3. Ethridge, I am not sure. Robertson started 2. Musser started 2. And Doty started 2. Only other 3 year starter I can think of is Tatum.

Adam Morse was a three year starter at quarterback for PNG. Not much playoff success, but great level headed quarterback.