PNG vs OZEN

8 minutes ago, 75ndn said:

I played on 75 state team i have seen a lot of NDN football,and stat God must have forgotten about Morse kid.ill let him explain his Madden top 5 to us.

Stat Attack where you at? i have been watching you troll this web site for years running you mouth. Im a long time reader first time writer. I have forgot more stats than you will ever know.

I thought the top 5 QB list by Stats was solid...I agree, AMo is in the conversation because of the numbers he put up for his career, but it's pretty hard to knock Stats and his choices...the guys he listed put up numbers and won big games for the Indians.  Can't knock a guy like Stats who values championship hardware and big wins vs. pure statistics.

1. Richy Ethridge

1a. Dustin Long

2. - 4. A lot of great names to consider...David Fry, Donnie Schexnaider, Denny Duhon, Ryan Robertson, Jay Musser, Brennan Doty, Adam Morse, and probably a few that I am forgetting.

If you had to have one QB to lead a drive and get a W, it is hard to overlook Richy Ethridge.  All he did was play great in big games, collect a lot of Ws, and he put a state championship in the trophy case with a lot of his awesome teammates.  Of course, Dustin Long had "the drive" vs. Schertz Clemens and took the Indians down the field in the 4Q at Kyle Field to get a W and send PN-G to state.  Hard to argue with 1 or 1a.

Good discussion...good stuff about PN-G football.  Would like to hear the opinions of others.

Go Indians.  Peace.

3 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

I thought the top 5 QB list by Stats was solid...I agree, AMo is in the conversation because of the numbers he put up for his career, but it's pretty hard to knock Stats and his choices...the guys he listed put up numbers and won big games for the Indians.  Can't knock a guy like Stats who values championship hardware and big wins vs. pure statistics.

1. Richy Ethridge

1a. Dustin Long

2. - 4. A lot of great names to consider...David Fry, Donnie Schexnaider, Denny Duhon, Ryan Robertson, Jay Musser, Brennan Doty, Adam Morse, and probably a few that I am forgetting.

If you had to have one QB to lead a drive and get a W, it is hard to overlook Richy Ethridge.  All he did was play great in big games, collect a lot of Ws, and he put a state championship in the trophy case with a lot of his awesome teammates.  Of course, Dustin Long had "the drive" vs. Schertz Clemens and took the Indians down the field in the 4Q at Kyle Field to get a W and send PN-G to state.  Hard to argue with 1 or 1a.

Good discussion...good stuff about PN-G football.  Would like to hear the opinions of others.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I have no problem with the list its just really hard to leave a kid out of top 5 when he has all the records.

IMO, Long and Morse are 1A and 1B.

One player doesn't win championships and that isn't saying PNG was a bad team at all with Morse there. Look at the team they ran into in the second round, Angleton went four rounds deep so its not like they lost to a chump. It was 28-3 before the Indians had taken a breath basically.

Take away titles, records and stats and I believe the top 2 are Long and Morse.

7 minutes ago, 75ndn said:

I have no problem with the list its just really hard to leave a kid out of top 5 when he has all the records.

3 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Danny White/Tony Romo syndrome. The wins when weighted with the stats probably brings him down. Good qb though

3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

IMO, Long and Morse are 1A and 1B.

One player doesn't win championships and that isn't saying PNG was a bad team at all with Morse there. Look at the team they ran into in the second round, Angleton went four rounds deep so its not like they lost to a chump. It was 28-3 before the Indians had taken a breath basically.

Take away titles, records and stats and I believe the top 2 are Long and Morse.

So true newspaper boy! i love your work by the way. Any way QB's today are better than QB's of yester year! ill always take Ricky on my team. but give credit where credit is due.

Oh don't get me wrong Ricky was maybe the greatest leader in PNG history and was an outstanding QB. 

Are QBs better these days? You have to say yes. They are asked to do much more and to know much more. Defenses are more complex and faster as well. It is not a stab at any old farts (jk) but as years have gone by the game has changed and at some positions have had to get better to keep up. Now kickers, they are still kickers. 

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Oh don't get me wrong Ricky was maybe the greatest leader in PNG history and was an outstanding QB. 

Are QBs better these days? You have to say yes. They are asked to do much more and to know much more. Defenses are more complex and faster as well. It is not a stab at any old farts (jk) but as years have gone by the game has changed and at some positions have had to get better to keep up. Now kickers, they are still kickers. 

You are a smart kid Gabe, Yes im old fart but i totally agree today QB'S are better,bigger,stronger,faster,speaking of old i need a nap. 

RJ will be all over the PN-G QB record books when he graduates from PN-G.  Love his arm and willingness to throw the football downfield.  I'm excited to see him and this great group of kids (2016) in the playoffs this season and watching RJ do great things for two more years.

Go Indians.  Peace.

2 minutes ago, 75ndn said:

You are a smart kid Gabe, Yes im old fart but i totally agree today QB'S are better,bigger,stronger,faster,speaking of old i need a nap. 

I just pretend really well. i learned if you say something with authority people think you know what you are talking about and dont question it lol

7 hours ago, 75ndn said:

stat master how many of your Madden top 5 have you seen play in person? Long&Doty and maybe Musser but i dont think you are that old.

Watched them all and played with a few with the exception of Ethridge... Watched film of Ethridge... Morse doesn't make my top 5 becasue of no D.C.... No wins versus Nederland and WOS.... If you want stats and your into Madden, maybe he's the guy.... My top 5, other than Doty, where not system QbS with pre determined reads.... Take it how you want to... Morse lurks around the 6 spot IMO. 

6 hours ago, NDNation said:

We're fixing to get the "rah rah" speech.:)

Nope.... Not getting that.... I'm about hardware and wins... Not participation ribbons and excuses.... Just becasue my choices are different from the newbie, doesn't mean they are right or wrong.... 

27 minutes ago, Stattrax/FreeBG2 said:

Watched them all and played with a few with the exception of Ethridge... Watched film of Ethridge... Morse doesn't make my top 5 becasue of no D.C.... No wins versus Nederland and WOS.... If you want stats and your into Madden, maybe he's the guy.... My top 5, other than Doty, where not system QbS with pre determined reads.... Take it how you want to... Morse lurks around the 6 spot IMO. 

Wins against WOS are rare and definitely impressive. Not necessarily against Ned. The wins that Robertson and Musser had against Nederland in the four year run from 89-92 was nothing special really. I was in on three of those. They were both very good QB's, but they didn't have to do much to beat Nederland then. Nederland was pretty terrible during that period. Backup QB's could have won those games!