Can we talk about...

18 hours ago, WOS99 said:

I'm sure the defense plans to play. Liberty has its work cut out too. Some comparisons:

Liberty has allowed 117 points through eight games. WO-S has allowed 23. That's a 94-point advantage for WO-S.

Liberty has scored 278 points. WO-S has scored 418. That's a 140-point advantage for the Mustangs.

Liberty won its three closest games by a combined 12 points. WO-S won its three closest games by a combined 111 points. 

Your sure Liberty has its work cut out? Lmao. Its a positive thing no if and or buts about it. Liberty will have to play the best they have ever played as a team week 10 i have faith .

14 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Liberty is having a really good year thus far.  I'm happy for the kids and community.  But let's be real.  The level of competition they've played is pretty average I think.  Not knocking the kids...you can only play who's on the schedule.  And they've beaten them all.

But WOS is on a different level.  Literally.  That will not be a good game at all.. WOS will win and make it embarrassing if they choose.

I'm serious when I say Liberty will not have an easy one this week.  And we all saw what WOS did to HJ.

Great season so far Liberty...don't mess it up by getting ahead of yourself.

Can we all come to a realization and understand that we are not players and coaches the fans can talk all they want to, the coaches and players are focused on HJ and HJ only i assure you all.

8 hours ago, setxnative96 said:

Can we all come to a realization and understand that we are not players and coaches the fans can talk all they want to, the coaches and players are focused on HJ and HJ only i assure you all.

Coach, player, fan, parent, teacher, or maintenance guy at Liberty ISD...  My message was the same for all of you.  Just because you're 8-0 and on a ranked list somewhere doesn't mean you'll be 9-0 going into WOS.  And even if you are...being on a list with WOS doesn't mean you're in the same class as them.  That game will be as bad as WOS decides.

Worry about HJ.  Even if you're just a fan.

On 10/20/2016 at 4:58 AM, WOS99 said:

For some reason, this thread reminds me of a quote:

"A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it." from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

I could care less about personally having the respect of anyone on this website. I just think BOTH teams deserved to be talked about a lil for being top 10 in the state , instead , there was a lot of negativity , and @goblin I didn't lump you all together , well I tried not to I tried to word what I said in a way that it didn't come off that way but I guess I failed. Good luck to wos next week I hope we have an injury free game, and if y'all are bored tonight come watch us play I'll gladly introduce myself and talk football with any of the wos fans who wanna come to the game , I wasn't trying to say your entire fan base was being disrespectful at all lol it was maybe 1 or 2 people so it just gave off a negative vibe.

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Coach, player, fan, parent, teacher, or maintenance guy at Liberty ISD...  My message was the same for all of you.  Just because you're 8-0 and on a ranked list somewhere doesn't mean you'll be 9-0 going into WOS.  And even if you are...being on a list with WOS doesn't mean you're in the same class as them.  That game will be as bad as WOS decides.

Nobody said that because we are state ranked that we will win, here we go again , your post is proof of what I did say. ANY credit to liberty is being taken by some of y'all  as a knock on wos lol and it's not ... 

On 10/20/2016 at 6:44 AM, CardinalBacker said:

And WOS played MUCH tougher opposition to earn those numbers. 

It's nice to see Liberty having a good year for Liberty.... the only problem is that WOS is having a GREAT year for high school football... 

Wos is having a GREAT year of HS football , and so far I would say liberty is having a good year for highschool football as well , how is what we've done just "good for liberty " any team would like to be in our position right now , underfeated and top 10 in Texas ... how is that not good in general ... 

41 minutes ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Nobody said that because we are state ranked that we will win, here we go again , your post is proof of what I did say. ANY credit to liberty is being taken by some of y'all  as a knock on wos lol and it's not ... 

Do you have trouble reading?  Or just comprehending?... I said SEVERAL times that Liberty IS having a great year.  I've said several times during the last few weeks that this will be a very respectable season for Liberty.  I'm just telling you that being 9-0 and state ranked does NOT mean that you're all  of the sudden ready to start talking about the game with the defending state champs...and possible repeat champs.  I was just saying don't get ahead of yourself.  

Nobody is saying that you said y'all would beat them.  And nobody is taking anything away from the season Liberty is having.  We're just saying that it doesn't put you on a similar level as WOS.  HJ will be a tougher game than you think.  I wouldn't even be talking about the following game if I were you.  That's all I'm saying.  You aren't 9-0 going into the last game YET.  Not saying you won't be...just saying it hasn't happened yet.

4 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

"We Ready"

9 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Ready for WOS or HJ, I hope HJ cause WOS is only preparing for Liberty. I hope only the fans are worried about HJ and not WOS yet as they soom seem to be.

9 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Ready for WOS or HJ, I hope HJ cause WOS is only preparing for Liberty. I hope only the fans are worried about HJ and not WOS yet as they soom seem to be.

The only reason WOS came up is because you west orange starkians made a post for wos Vs. LIBERTY a week in Advance. Nevertheless, people are saying WOS is going to beat Liberty, I am going to defend that. People are saying Hj will beat Liberty , I am goinng to defend that. 

2 hours ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

Wos is having a GREAT year of HS football , and so far I would say liberty is having a good year for highschool football as well , how is what we've done just "good for liberty " any team would like to be in our position right now , underfeated and top 10 in Texas ... how is that not good in general ... 

Liberty is not state ranked. State rankings are determined by the AP poll. Liberty has not received any votes in that poll. I know they are ranked on DCTF.

Yes, most schools would call earning an 8-0 record a very good year. They have a ton to be proud of. Two teams from a district being ranked in the top 10 is pretty common. You see it every year - sometimes even three teams. Our district pales in comparison to D2 7-4A with Gilmer, Atlanta and Gladewater or D1 9-4A with Carthage, Kilgore and Henderson.

Guys, this is a football message board. Please don't wear your heart on your sleeve or expect people to go out of their way to avoid wording things wrong. Be proud regardless whether you are ranked or respected. 

13 minutes ago, setxnative96 said:

The only reason WOS came up is because you west orange starkians made a post for wos Vs. LIBERTY a week in Advance. Nevertheless, people are saying WOS is going to beat Liberty, I am going to defend that. People are saying Hj will beat Liberty , I am goinng to defend that. 

The thread was started because it is our next game. We are off this week.