(((COWBOYS vs BENGALS)))

4 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

No way he makes the team better.  Jmo.  I do think carrot top puts him back in, but it would be a mistake.

I agree all the way around.  For one thing, and amazingly I must say, Dak doesn't appear to try and do too much.  Sometimes that's the bite with Romo (and I love Romo).  But as I think baddog pointed out, Dak is now 8 completions shy of breaking Brady's record of completions without Sam INT to begin a career.  Momentum is a powerful thing and I don't think you mess with it as long as the team is playing well. 

But as we agree on, Garrett will play Romo when he's healthy.   And I hope that's the correct move and I'm as wrong as can be.  

I'm trying something new this year. I am trying to be both a Texan and Cowboy fan at the same time. Years past I mostly followed the Texans and shunned the cowboys.  The emergence of Dak Prescott has brought my back into the Cowboy fold. Call it chauvinism or whatever.

I was a big fanatic, borderline obnoxious Cowboy fan growing up in Silsbee.  I vaguely remember Don Meredith playing in the cotton bowl as a senior at SMU.  I remember watching the 'boys on black n white televisions. Some of the first tv programs I watched were cartoons, and the dallas cowboys.

The texans are still # 1, but dallas cowboys are a close 2nd.  

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I'm trying something new this year. I am trying to be both a Texan and Cowboy fan at the same time. Years past I mostly followed the Texans and shunned the cowboys.  The emergence of Dak Prescott has brought my back into the Cowboy fold. Call it chauvinism or whatever.

I was a big fanatic, borderline obnoxious Cowboy fan growing up in Silsbee.  I vaguely remember Don Meredith playing in the cotton bowl as a senior at SMU.  I remember watching the 'boys on black n white televisions. Some of the first tv programs I watched were cartoons, and the dallas cowboys.

The texans are still # 1, but dallas cowboys are a close 2nd.  

Maybe this will bring you back around.....

This is the hidden content, please

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Having said all that, this is pretty interesting:

Hoops, I have been watching his QB rating and Dak is over 100 for 5 games. I believe 100 is considered great. Stats are stats, but when you have the top rated QB, the leading rusher, and the best o-line in the NFL, good things are going to happen. I wish our defense would have shutout the Bengals but we had such a lead, we started playing that "prevent"style defense and gave up a couple scores. This game, to me, wasn't' as close as the score.

On 10/10/2016 at 10:21 PM, TxHoops said:

I agree all the way around.  For one thing, and amazingly I must say, Dak doesn't appear to try and do too much.  Sometimes that's the bite with Romo (and I love Romo).  But as I think baddog pointed out, Dak is now 8 completions shy of breaking Brady's record of completions without Sam INT to begin a career.  Momentum is a powerful thing and I don't think you mess with it as long as the team is playing well. 

But as we agree on, Garrett will play Romo when he's healthy.   And I hope that's the correct move and I'm as wrong as can be.  

Dak has already completed 205 passes without an INT. But alas, preseason does not count. Still....205, preseason or not.