What Happen To Friday Night Experience ?

Finesser

45 minutes ago, griff said:

It's as if KLVI didn't want people to think they were broadcasting only Nederland games, so they called it Friday Night Experience. Maybe that was to attract advertisers from other areas in the Golden Triangle, but it was still a Nederland game every Friday.

Because sponsors in Nederland paid to put it on the radio.

From my understanding, the FNE could not get any type of network deal. Its rather expensive to run a operation of that magnitude. I think they went through every available avenue, but without a network, and corporate funding, it was just to much for local sponsors to pay the bill... The reason the mid county teams aired alot is because of the local sponsors supporting FNE.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Money.

end of story

Pretty much the story... Jim Barton tried for years to land a corporate sponsor, but just never worked out.. We sponsored every year, but it taked more than small donations to run that type of outfit... Was awesome while it lasted.... Good guy...

Jim has also had the opportunity to build other ventures.  He built the Legacy Sports Network which still exists today.  And as last word, he was also pretty heavily involved with Fox Sports Southwest High School coverage.  He is a great friend, great guy and still....a very busy guy.

Ok , but I remember ALOT of Lincoln & T.J games being broadcasted too , I remember seeing a few Ozen & W.O.S playoff games also , although i will say i seen alot of Sean Yoder ( a beast ) in those days but I remember it being spread almost equally amongst local schools , but as far as financial wise I understand the dynamics , I sure do miss it tho..