Silsbee 35 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Was talking last night about how we need to have a little more threat from the passing game going forward.  Lowe should help that.  One of the problems I have noticed is  that Jones is normally under too much pressure when throwing.  This may be that we have missed a block but I think more times than not it is either because of the defense loading the box for the run or it just taking too long for the pass to be made.  Now I have personally never been a big fan of that quick swing pass, but we need some quick passes to try and help spread out the defense.  Having that speed of both Lowe and Barnes will hopefully get this going.  And if we do spread the defense out, the way Tyler is running, well...............

The missed blocking CAN'T be missed by the interior linemen or the strongsidd tackle or TE.  The playactin rollout pass always work, but if you're gonna miss a block, let it be in the weakside, away from the play.  That way, I'll trust Jones' legs to outrun that pursuit and make the play either by passing or scrambling for a 1st down...

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think on the season Bruce Newton has 5 ints. If he keeps improving he will make QBs scared to throw his way!!! 

Bruce has 3 that I've counted.  As far as scared to throw his way, he is already one of the state's best as he is in the top 40 in the state.  That kid did the 'dope a rope' to bait the LC-M kid in...  And it works...

50 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If I am the opposing defense, I put 9-10 in box and dare Silsbee to pass.

Passing game not near as potent as last year. Silsbee will really need to step that part of their game up in the coming weeks.

I agree.

From my vantage Jones' throwing motion takes to long for the swing pass and with the receivers outside not blocking it's over before it begins.

I'm also starting to question his arm strength, or maybe his downfield vision as he seems to underthrow any deep ball where he has time to let it fly.

It's not a criticism of his talent, just an observation.  

We don't run near enough drags or slants, and the Hageon tight end set is good for blocking but not for receiving.

Whatever happened to the scrimmage version with Mike J lining up as a receiver?

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Bruce has 3 that I've counted.  As far as scared to throw his way, he is already one of the state's best as he is in the top 40 in the state.  That kid did the 'dope a rope' to bait the LC-M kid in...  And it works...

Not sure on the number personally as I missed a couple games being on vacation,  but according to the Silsbee Tigers twitter page he has 5.