The State of 22-5A

The Icon

48 minutes ago, NDOMAKONG said:

Nederland fans spend more time arguing and convincing themselves that this isnt a  big game every year, Vidor fans mentioned rivalry about a decade ago and some Ned fans cry about it every year.  Just enjoy the football and be glad we'll have an electric atmosphere everytime these two play.  Vidor brings a fun and solid fan base and plays hard nosed football, lets just enjoy this matchup.

Well said.  Any team in the district would be happy to have a win over Nederland due to the Bulldogs' success since Coach Neumann has been there.   The matchup doesn't need to be a true PNG vs Nederland type rivalry game for fans of the opposing team to enjoy a victory.  And yes, for the past 5 years Nederland has set the bar for success in this district.

8 hours ago, Stattrax said:

1. PAM

2. Nederland

3. PNG

4. Toss up, still think Central squeaks in...

Cream always rises to the top...

PAM is a lock... Speed everywhere... Don't need great coaching with best athletes in district.. RB is legit...

In bold: I tried to tell Soulja that, he didn't believe. Kid IMO is better than Kam Martin at this stage of being a HS RB. 

10 hours ago, workbootz said:

Central was down 20 points before they made the QB switch.  That's a big hole to dig out of but I think they should stick with #2 at QB if they wanna win.  If you gonna pouch kick the ball, kick it away from the RB.  That #25 from PAM got some wheels on him.

#25 on one side and #5 (who is Eben faster) on the other side. Pick your poison. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

In bold: I tried to tell Soulja that, he didn't believe. Kid IMO is better than Kam Martin at this stage of being a HS RB. 

MBG, I do agree. I will say this though, the O-line is opening WAY better holes this year than Martin's Jr and Sr years combined. 

15 minutes ago, thaghost said:

MBG, I do agree. I will say this though, the O-line is opening WAY better holes this year than Martin's Jr and Sr years combined. 

Big drop off from a Dline like NS has vs. Central and nem.  Hope they can sustain that plus some of the younger lineman get some playing time

OK, I started the "rivalry" thing with nederville a few years back because I got sick of listening to their arrogant crud at work all the time. Funny how hard they bit on it :). Tells a little about your psychological make up. WOS was our "rival" for a long time and I remember epic battles between the two schools on the gridiron. Again, I consider the Central Jaguars our rival game every year and most are well worth the $6 price of admission.