Liberty 20 Woodville 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

Final team stats

Liberty                        Woodville

rushing                       44/331 yards               41/168 yards

passing                     4-9, 34 yards                0-2, 0 yards

total                             53/365 yards              43/168 yards

Each team had a total of only 3 possessions in 2nd half. Woodville started 2nd half on a 17 play scoring drive that ate up 8 1/2 minutes of 3rd Q. Liberty ended game on 15 play drive that ran out the last 6 minutes of the game, kneeling the last two plays at Woodville 2 yard line.

To me the difference was Woodville not capitalizing on short field after Liberty went for it on 4th down at their own 27 early in 4th Q and failed. Liberty stopped Woodville on 4th down and took possession with 6 minutes left in game and never gave the ball back. Also, Liberty's offense was much more diverse than Woodville. Liberty ran out of the wishbone but also went to spread, hurry up offense when needed. That switch was how Liberty scored the TD at end of 1st half to give them 2 TD lead. Woodville stayed with their wing T offense whole game, only attempting 2 passes. I thought Liberty defense did a good job defending that offense.

Very impressed with Liberty QB JJ Slack and RB Alex Brown. Very tough competitors. Brown is a load!! Also KK Antoine had 3 big runs.

Both these teams will make some noise in their district. I can see both finishing 2nd in their districts.

Good game last night. Glad I went.

3 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Woodville needed a game like this. They needed to face some sort of adversity before district. I think they bounce with a blowout in the Tyler County Bowl and then there's another Game of the Week in two weeks at Eagle Stadium vs Kirbyville. 

Yep! Looking forward to it. It will be a goodun'