District 21-3A Summary

Well, this is one person's views of the the awesome season for district 21-3A, a district I still consider as the toughest 3A district in the state.

Let me begin with my home favorites, the Silsbee Lady Tigers. We are very proud of Coach Killam, Coach Franks and the Lady Tigers! You displayed a lot class and heart throughout the season. I have watched Silsbee basketball for years and even played the game myself. I was concerned how a new coach would be able to mesh the girls especially since we were headed into the new megadistrict. A lot of people picked Silsbee to be a third place finisher behind Orangefield and WOS. But you guys battled each night and actually won the district championship with a 13-1 record against a brutally talented field. Great job! You beat WOS three times and split with Orangefield, both great teams and you came close to representing our district in Huntsville. Even in the WOS loss you battled hard and came within a few breaks of a victory. We are losing a bunch of good seniors but I know that Ang Green and Co. will be ready for next year.

As for the Lady Bobcats, I was very impressed! Coach Ancelot also did a great job this year in my opinion. Ya'll are great TEAM like Silsbee. I actually got to watch the regional loss to Diboll but you guys battled hard and represented our district well. Great job! Your fans are great supporters like our Silsbee fans!

WOS has a premier player in B. Scott. Going into the season I thought ya'll probably had the best talent of any team in our district. You did however battle to the end to make the playoffs. Then you won some big games over Orangefield, Navasota and finally over my Tigers. But I must also say that I was disappointed with the effort against Crockett. I guess you didn't have your legs after the Silsbee game but it looked like you gave up in the second half. Where was that enthusiasm you had against Silsbee? I realize you didn't get the same calls you got earlier in the week and you didn't have your bench taunt the opposing crowd but we were hoping for a chance to cheer you on. Our girls would have loved to have been in your place! But I must say that I think that B. Scott is the best player in class 3A and I know we will see a lot of her in college and the WNBA!

Kirbyville was another great team with an awesome player. D. Kellum is a legit star! You would have made the playoffs if you had been in any other district.

HJ was rebuilding but Coach Sims brought another competitive team to the table that was playoff caliber in any other district.

HF's Memri Carmen was another super star in this district. Ya'll gave the tigers two tough games.

Bridge City was also in the wrong district. Ya'll are also a good team as well.

Jasper struggled all year but I believed they improved a bunch.

I may have withdrawls now that the season is over but I can't wait for another great year for district 21-3A next year! We have the best coaches around and the field will be tough again next year. Thanks for the memories!

Yes the girls did look a lil sluggish. Not tryin to make excuses........but if they could have played like they did in the last two games then they would of been playin saturday i believe. But janae had her eye do deal with and rebecca has her leg, but it was just a rought day for my mustangs.

Calls?  Taunting bench players?

Whatever.  Actually, we probably didn't get enough calls vs. silsbee.  We have bench players?  Most of them are young and brought up from the JV squad.

We lost that game.  No excuses.  I will say that we never gave up even when we were down by alot.  As for B.Scott...she is the best player in the area.  If silsbee deserved to be at the regional meet...then they would have actually been at the regional meet.  That's like saying that WO-S or of deserve to be going to state this week.  Duh! ;)

From top to bottom this district was probably the toughest in the state.  Being in this tough district really prepared the three playoff teams for a long run.  Congrats to the three playoff teams, you represented this district well.

To Coach Killam and the Silsbee Lady Tigers, you were class acts.  Coach Killam did a great job in his first year as the Lady Tigers coach.  To win this district says alot.  I enjoyed watching the Lady Tigers play.  Great team players.  Good job Coach Killam and the Lady Tigers, I look forward to watching you next year.

What more can be said about Brittney Scott that has not already been said.  I can't think of anything.  You've been our nemesis for the last three years, but I have the upmost respect for you and what you can do on the court.  Best of luck to you at UH.  I commend the Lady Mustangs for never giving up.  You had a great run towards the end of district and into the playoffs.  Good Job Lady Mustangs, you represented the district well.

Kirbyville was the best team in the state that did not make the playoffs.  This district is that way in every sport.  Some teams that would win alot of other districts in the state miss out on the playoffs.  D. Kellum is another great player in this district.  Best of luck to you.

What I said about Kirbyville can also be said about HJ.  Coach Sims is a great coach and again, this team makes the playoffs in almost every other district in the state.  Look out for HJ next year, they could very well be the district champs.

Again the same thing I said about Kirbyville and HJ can be said for HF.  Memri Carmon is a special player that will help Rice next year.  Getting a scholarship to Rice says alot about the type of person you are.  Best of luck to you.

BC is much improved.  They've made great strides the past few years and again, could have probably made the playoffs if they were in another district.

Jasper really improved towards the end of the season.  I can't say enough about the Jasper coach.  He coached his girls the whole game and if they will keep him in that position, in time he will have them contending for a playoff spot.  I was really impressed with him at the OF game.  Towards the end of the game one of the Jasper players fouled an OF girl really hard.  When the game was over, he made her apologize to our coach and the player she fouled.  Good Job coach, best of luck to you.

I can't say enough about how proud I am of the Lady Bobcats.  You played great TEAM basketball.  You never gave up or lost your cool.  It has been an privilege to watch you the past four years.  Congrats ladies on doing something that had never been done before at Orangefield by making two straight trips to the regional tournament.  Best of luck to you seniors.  You're a fine group of young ladies.

Calls?  Taunting bench players?

Whatever.  Actually, we probably didn't get enough calls vs. silsbee.  We have bench players?  Most of them are young and brought up from the JV squad.

We lost that game.  No excuses.  I will say that we never gave up even when we were down by alot.  As for B.Scott...she is the best player in the area.  If silsbee deserved to be at the regional meet...then they would have actually been at the regional meet.  That's like saying that WO-S or of deserve to be going to state this week.  Duh! ;)

Do you always whine this much???? Ya'll beat Silsbee "when it counted" congrats to WOS, ya'll DO have a GREAT PLAYER.......BBall4life was complimenting the ENTIRE 21-3A girls basketball district.......learn to except a compliment!

Guest bleed orange

I agree tiger12. I did not see anything wrong with bball4lifes post. They were not saying anything negative about WOS or at least I did not take it that way. People interpret things differently on here all the time, believe me I know.

I don't recall "whining" in my post.  I accepted the fact that WO-S lost which appears to be difficult for some posters to admit to on here.  I know that B.Scott is an awesome player (and person). ;)

As for the post being a "compliment" to us...I sensed a whee-bit of sarcasm in there. And, I took it as that because those were the words written on this thread. ;)

i agree with both stang4life and 20fan07, he was complimenting the stangs.  however he also took a shot at the same time, saying our bench was taunting the opposing fans. 

Of course you'll agree with each other, so what does that prove? NOTHING!

Well. I have this to say! WOS, is a very good team, with even a BETTER PLAYER in Scott, she is a one "girl" wrecking crew, she can win games almost by herself, I know ya'll will defend the rest of the team, ok, but 43 points at SHS in double OT, and 49 points in the playoff game........without Scott, you might not even get out of district, whereas Silsbee and OF are more of a complete TEAM! You deserved the next round WOS won.......PERIOD!, BUT......SHS "IS" the better TEAM.........PERIOD!

As far as taunting......I'll say this........I've NEVER seen parents come onto a court during a game........NEVER..........WOS did in Silsbee.........twist it, turn it, make excuses, whatever you want, blame SHS for flagrant fouls, whatever, that's what officials are for, even if you don't agree with them........WOS fans are the rudest!.........this post can even get deleted, I don't care........FACTS are FACTS! With Scott out front, and 6'-2" and 5'-11" underneath........WOS should have been able to win state.......but NO DISCIPLINE...and NO team concept....it was ALL about Scott (right or wrong).

Hey pot don't call the kettle black, when it comes to your opinion of Silsbee aggressive play......they weren't flagrant.........they were just trying to play to win, just like everyone else!

........WOS fans are the rudest!.....

im afraid you're going to have to do better than that to get us rattled. ;D  im a graduate of WOS, and i heard it when i was in high school and i've heard it ever since ive been out of high school.  how we are cheaters, whiners, sore losers, and have rude fans.  so if you want to name call go right ahead.  :D

silsbee "IS" the better team..................wos fans are the rudest...........

wow, i have heard all of this before from other people or schools. It sounds like someone is jealous, o yah didnt it feel great being in huntsville.........o you wouldn't know. I know were not cheaters, sore loser cough"you"cough. PLZ get some new lines, cuz those are getting old.

Guest bleed orange

21 3A was awesome this year. There are rude fans from every school, thats just the way it is. But I will say this the coach and the kids from Silsbee are a class act. I am not saying the other schools are not. I did not always like Silsbee. Two years ago a kid from Silsbee punched a kid from Orangefield in a playoff game in which my son was involved. At that time I thought differently about Silsbee. One person does not make a community. After talking and meeting some of the good people from Silsbee I realize my judgement was not in good taste. I am sorry for that. Coach Killam is a great guy and the girls who played for him are outstanding young ladies, not just on the basketball court. Brittney Scott is a great young lady. I know her personally and her family they are awesome. Yes with out her WOS would not have made the playoffs. FACT! But know this the well has run dry at WOS and that happens maybe not in football but girls basketball it has. It was a great run though. Like I said before talent comes in cycles. Stang4life for some reason thinks everyone is againt WOS, which is not true. Are people jealous of WOS? Maybe! Thats a good thing. But most of her post are in a defense mode. Instead of excepting defeat sometimes there is alway excuses. I am not talking about the Silsbee game. We know yall won. People always misread something in a post. That is what has happened here. Me included. We can all say we are the better team but does it matter, we don't decide it, the kids do.

Guest bleed orange

I am not attacking Stang4life, she is a good mother and supports her kids and the Mustang program as she should. I just don't agree with her post sometimes and I am positive she does not agree with mine. By the way her kids are awesome young men.

Silsbee is the better team. No one is jeaulous. WOS, no I mean ONE player just had a great game that night. Silsbee is the better TEAM. They don't rely on one player to score all the points.

B.Scott is a great a player, but i never knew she plays 5 vs 1. No, the WOS team plays as a TEAM if it wasn't for Janae, Rebecca, Dominique and Kia gettin rebounds were would we be. Dont come on here and tell everyone that WOS is not a team, cuz that group of girls took down the "Better :D Team".  But whatever, like you said yall ARE the better team..................... :-\

WOS did not have the depth that OF or Silsbee had, if B. Scott would have got in foul trouble, you can kiss the game good-bye! 

Next year we better watch out for H-J, they didn't lose much and have some talent coming up, WOS might beat Jasper next year Orangefield and Silsbee will be battling it out again!  With Little, Riddick, and Wagner back, throw in a 6'0 next year (will be a junior) Beach, and another good junior guard, Weldon, off the bench you will have a few sophomores Beard, Scales, and Ludwig. I mean the JV lost I think 2 games the whole year!  Then there is a freshman Wyatt, this girl is the next Kristy Sanders, she can't miss and gives 100% all the time! 

Not real sure about Silsbee, but with Green returning it its going to be tough to beat them. 

H-F lost Memri who did NOT impress me at all this season, both times she played Orangefield she played horrible, I don't know how she did against other schools, but I mean if she is good enough to play at Rice I think she could have carried her team, they had more talent than WOS has and look where they went!

BC loses there best player this year, but Brittany James is a pretty good player from there.

Kirbyville, lost there best player and I don't think they have any help coming up

The quote stating Silsbee is the better team is pretty darn accurate. Anytime 2 teams play each other 4 times and one team wins three of them, then it's pretty obvious that team is just a little better than the other. WOS won one game against Silsbee, it just happened to be the most important one.

21 3A was awesome this year. There are rude fans from every school, thats just the way it is. But I will say this the coach and the kids from Silsbee are a class act. I am not saying the other schools are not. I did not always like Silsbee. Two years ago a kid from Silsbee punched a kid from Orangefield in a playoff game in which my son was involved. At that time I thought differently about Silsbee. One person does not make a community. After talking and meeting some of the good people from Silsbee I realize my judgement was not in good taste. I am sorry for that. Coach Killam is a great guy and the girls who played for him are outstanding young ladies, not just on the basketball court. Brittney Scott is a great young lady. I know her personally and her family they are awesome. Yes with out her WOS would not have made the playoffs. FACT! But know this the well has run dry at WOS and that happens maybe not in football but girls basketball it has. It was a great run though. Like I said before talent comes in cycles. Stang4life for some reason thinks everyone is againt WOS, which is not true. Are people jealous of WOS? Maybe! Thats a good thing. But most of her post are in a defense mode. Instead of excepting defeat sometimes there is alway excuses. I am not talking about the Silsbee game. We know yall won. People always misread something in a post. That is what has happened here. Me included. We can all say we are the better team but does it matter, we don't decide it, the kids do.

Thanks, Bleed well said!

In regards to the fans, yes all communities have rude fans at times, however, WOS or anyone else can say what they want, in the 2 games I saw -vs- WOS, a parent ran on the court at Silsbee, and one got ejected in the playoffs..........that did not happen agianst any other team..........enough said!

Guest hornsbball

WOS did not have the depth that OF or Silsbee had, if B. Scott would have got in foul trouble, you can kiss the game good-bye! 

Next year we better watch out for H-J, they didn't lose much and have some talent coming up, WOS might beat Jasper next year Orangefield and Silsbee will be battling it out again!  With Little, Riddick, and Wagner back, throw in a 6'0 next year (will be a junior) Beach, and another good junior guard, Weldon, off the bench you will have a few sophomores Beard, Scales, and Ludwig. I mean the JV lost I think 2 games the whole year!  Then there is a freshman Wyatt, this girl is the next Kristy Sanders, she can't miss and gives 100% all the time! 

Not real sure about Silsbee, but with Green returning it its going to be tough to beat them. 

H-F lost Memri who did NOT impress me at all this season, both times she played Orangefield she played horrible, I don't know how she did against other schools, but I mean if she is good enough to play at Rice I think she could have carried her team, they had more talent than WOS has and look where they went!

BC loses there best player this year, but Brittany James is a pretty good player from there.

Kirbyville, lost there best player and I don't think they have any help coming up

How can you say memri played horrible when in one game she had at least 20 something and the other she had thirty something..i dont think that's horrible at all!!

Guest bleed orange

Memri does not have to answer to this board. She is the real deal and will be missed at Hamphire Fannett next year and so will Miss Craigen. I have watched these two young ladies since they were 10 years old. I only said "Miss Craigen" because I do not know how to spell her first name. You can tell at a very young age if a kid has talent. Both of these girls have it. Miss Craigens is more in volleyball but believe me she is pretty dang good in everything. Memri and her family is a class act and Rice University is lucky. We never looked forward to playing HF because it was always a battle even in little dribblers. To be honest the only team that played us really close in nationals at little dribblers was HAMPHIRE FANNETT. They did not have the year they had planned but the district was tough from top to bottom.

The "parent" that got ejected from the game was a fan, not a parent and he has also refereed.  While I don't agree with what he said, I do have to agree with his objections to the no-calls.  And, when I say no-calls, I am sure that there were some vs. WO-S too.  People sometimes misrepresent facts for "whining" and that is definitely your perogative. ;)

As for WO-S being comprised of B.Scott (very complimentative), it is not true.  She can't cover 5 spots on the court.  Janae, Rebecca, Dominique, Kia and Red did great jobs.  But, if it makes some of you feel better that one player beat you, then so be it. 

Whoever made the comment about depth...you are so correct.  We did not have depth...at all.  That did hurt us, but it can also speak alot about the girls playing.  Knowing that they did not have depth to work with, they would sometimes have four fouls and maintain (which hard to do and still continue to play with a little bit of intensity).  They tried.

Many base their judgements on one or two games.  Memri is a good player and person.  Obviously, Rice does see some potential in her and obviously she is smart too.  It wasn't very nice of whoever put her name on here and then said that she wasn't very impressive.  But, at least she will continue to play her "unimpressive" game at Rice. ;)  And, Cheyenne is one of the most competitive players I have seen.  Good luck to her in the future!!!

I've been sitting and reading all these comments back and forth for days.....Let me just say this one thing.  WOS DID NOT deserve to go to the regional play-offs, Silsbee did.  And if the referees had called the game at Evadale like they called it at Huntsville, Silsbee would have won.  Brittany Scotti is an awesome player, and one thing that makes her good is her abilities to drive into the basket and speed and handling the ball.  But sometimes she makes NBA moves which are not allowed in High School UIL Rules.  The referees at Hunstville saw that and when she made 2 quick charge calls and was called a couple of times for travelling she shut down.  The refs there would good, they called a very fair game. She came on awesome scoring 20 points the first half, but when she started getting calls, she closed down and only finished the game with 24 points.  As for Janae, she didn't even SCORE! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami