Who wins 22-5A?

Will be a lot of new faces this year from the 2 Beaumont schools. Yes, everyone knows there WILL be talent, and there WILL be a stud or two or six...But most of the big names aren't around anymore. And that's across the district. Central's 4 year run of thoroughbred studs have graduated. Wilridge (please don't butcher me on my spelling of names) and Pearson are gone. Ozen and Ned's dominant players Hunter and Weisbrod are gone. (Yes, I know it's been a couple of years for some of these kids). But my point is, who is the next dominant player who can take over a game? Take over a district? A regional title? State title? We all know PAM has serious young talent, but will one of those kids be the next Hunter, Weisbrod? Who has the 'it' factor? Who wants it? 

My bold prediction of the year is that Nederland should win district. With the two move ins from Houston Madison and Westbury Christian, we should run the table...

BRING IT!!!

3 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

Will be a lot of new faces this year from the 2 Beaumont schools. Yes, everyone knows there WILL be talent, and there WILL be a stud or two or six...But most of the big names aren't around anymore. And that's across the district. Central's 4 year run of thoroughbred studs have graduated. Wilridge (please don't butcher me on my spelling of names) and Pearson are gone. Ozen and Ned's dominant players Hunter and Weisbrod are gone. (Yes, I know it's been a couple of years for some of these kids). But my point is, who is the next dominant player who can take over a game? Take over a district? A regional title? State title? We all know PAM has serious young talent, but will one of those kids be the next Hunter, Weisbrod? Who has the 'it' factor? Who wants it? 

My bold prediction of the year is that Nederland should win district. With the two move ins from Houston Madison and Westbury Christian, we should run the table...

BRING IT!!!

Bluedove, where are you on this?

16 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Central window has Closed, there 4 year run of thoroughbred studs have graduated with Zero Titles. Fort Bend Schools Keep Reloading 

Central will have a nice pair of guards but other than that idk, Memorial youngsters will be a year older they should be better than last yr. 

I'd go Ozen, Central, Memorial, Ned in that order. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Central will have a nice pair of guards but other than that idk, Memorial youngsters will be a year older they should be better than last yr. 

Not even going to predict.   I still owe you a dinner from last year's!  I do think those will be the playoff teams.  

As for Central and Junkie's comments, Central has two junior guards with multiple D1 offers, and another who is a 6-4 or 6-5 shooter who was 1st team all district as a sophomore.  Not like cupboard was bare. 

As for the Titans, not only do they return a 6A playoff team that was led primarily by sophomores (now juniors), they have a player who returned home from Kelly in that class.  And he is every bit as good as what they had.  

Ozen will be good as always and so will Nederland.  I see that district as "wide open" between the top teams. 

As for Fort Bend, aren't they all 6A now with the exception of Elkins?

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Not even going to predict.   I still owe you a dinner from last year's!  I do think those will be the playoff teams.  

As for Central and Junkie's comments, Central has two junior guards with multiple D1 offers, and another who is a 6-4 or 6-5 shooter who was 1st team all district as a sophomore.  Not like cupboard was bare. 

As for the Titans, not only do they return a 6A playoff team that was led primarily by sophomores (now juniors), they have a player who returned home from Kelly in that class.  And he is every bit as good as what they had.  

Ozen will be good as always and so will Nederland.  I see that district as "wide open" between the top teams. 

As for Fort Bend, aren't they all 6A now with the exception of Elkins?

Elkins, Marshall and Willowridge 5A. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Did Ozen's 6'6" Post Parish transfer to Beaumont Kelly ? .....With that said the district champion will be too close to call....

8 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Did Ozen's 6'6" Post Parish transfer to Beaumont Kelly ? .....With that said the district champion will be too close to call....

Someone said something about Ozen losing a player to Kelly awhile back on here, I assumed it was a rumor because nothing else was said about it. Mamba would know though. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Someone said something about Ozen losing a player to Kelly awhile back on here, I assumed it was a rumor because nothing else was said about it. Mamba would know though. 

Well it's a fact.... Pierre Parrish 6;7" Center is listed on Kelly's basketball Roster  2016-17.....Another top shelf communication program there too smh...

39 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Elkins, Marshall and Willowridge 5A. 

I forget there are 27 schools in FB!  I was thinking of Travis, Bush and Elkins.  Knew Bush moved up.  Completely forgot about Marshall.   Agree with Mamba completely - Marshall will be the regional favorite.  

Yes he did leave & no you dont replace that but we will be ok i believe with 6'5 Dotson &. a 6'6 kid coming off the football field . Only time will tell i think every team will have questions that will have to be answered during the season. Remember this isnt a sprint its a marathon. :)

2 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Mamba- you were asking about kids leaving HJ this year.  I am hearing that more left Ozen than left HJ.  Any truth to that?

Only one left that i know of ,he went to Kelly for the academics. And Calvin Tyler if you want to count him other than that they still have the bulk of their freshman group that went undefeated ( im sounding like a Nederland fan now) lollllllll..jk 

26 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Yes he did leave & no you dont replace that but we will be ok i believe with 6'5 Dotson &. a 6'6 kid coming off the football field . Only time will tell i think every team will have questions that will have to be answered during the season. Remember this isnt a sprint its a marathon. :)

Saw Pierre towards the end of summer.  He's come a long way since he was a freshman.  I know he's had a lot of good coaching along the way ;)

But man are you right about Dotson.  That kid's upside is through the roof.  He's gonna be a special one IMO.  

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Only one left that i know of ,he went to Kelly for the academics. And Calvin Tyler if you want to count him other than that they still have the bulk of their freshman group that went undefeated ( im sounding like a Nederland fan now) lollllllll..jk 

Haha. Good one Mamba. I like a good jab once in a while. I miss my boy Blue throwing jabs towards his southern neighbors. We use to have some intense (yet respectful) debates over the past 5 years or so. 

Truth be told our Freshman class only lost 1-2 games over their JR high days, so this group will likely win state and prolly be ranked #1 in the Nation in 2019/2020. 

All joking aside, there will be a few from this group who can go. One could be impactful this year on the big stage. I don't think a Freshman has ever started the season on varsity (in Big Ned). This could be a special one...

9 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

Haha. Good one Mamba. I like a good jab once in a while. I miss my boy Blue throwing jabs towards his southern neighbors. We use to have some intense (yet respectful) debates over the past 5 years or so.

Truth be told our Freshman class only lost 1-2 games over their JR high days, so this group will likely win state and prolly be ranked #1 in the Nation in 2019/2020.

All joking aside, there will be a few from this group who can go. One could be impactful this year on the big stage. I don't think a Freshman has ever started the season on varsity (in Big Ned). This could be a special one...

But correct me if i'm wrong Central had a good freshman team rt? Didn't they go 24-0 but (Ned) and (ozen) freshman were better then them?

12 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

Zack English didn't make Varsity as a Fresh? .... I think he did, but then again, I could be wrong :)  I think Wiesbrod was brought up to Varsity as Freshman at playoff time.

2 hours ago, Michele said:

Zack English didn't make Varsity as a Fresh? .... I think he did, but then again, I could be wrong :)  I think Wiesbrod was brought up to Varsity as Freshman at playoff time.

Any young player that goes up to varsity as a freshmen in any high school sport and contributes to the team  is a big accomplishment so congrats keep on working Hefner.