Adrian Pererson uses statement by wos HC Thompson as fuel.

Trufan

39 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wait, the MECCA of Football declined to play WO-S?  So they refused to play Vis

Vidor and now WO-S?

Yeah, play WOS instead of Manvel or 6A Reagan who was 9-2 last year. We played in the premier 5A game in the state other than maybe Ryan vs Lancaster. Vidor just lost by 34 to a team that's probably going to finish 5th in our district, but I guess when they're the only 22-5A team to beat you in bi-district the last 8 years they're still the most relevant. Be thankful Dayton played over there a couple of years or Vidor would be the only team in the last decade to beat Crosby in a bi-district game, that dates all they way back to when y'all were relevant Soulja.

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, play WOS instead of Manvel or 6A Reagan who was 9-2 last year. We played in the premier 5A game in the state other than maybe Ryan vs Lancaster. Vidor just lost by 34 to a team that's probably going to finish 5th in our district, but I guess when they're the only 22-5A team to beat you in bi-district the last 8 years they're still the most relevant. Be thankful Dayton played over there a couple of years or Vidor would be the only team in the last decade to beat Crosby in a bi-district game, that dates all they way back to when y'all were relevant Soulja.

I just told him that 2005 Central win is so long ago man, different programs now. 

5 hours ago, kicker said:

You have ZERO clue. WOS, although talent doesnt hurt, wins for one reason. Attitude. With that said, we are raised in West Orange with a certain mindset. That mind set is we will win.....always and will do whatever it takes to do it. I.E. work our butts off year around.You ask any former WOS player that has played College ball. My first College practice was a huge surprise to me. I couldn't believe how lax it was compared to what I came from in H.S. Thought someone was joking or something.

My cousin was a high school all-American and started 33 games at Texas, he said the same thing about North Shore's practices. Heck, I thought practice at South Dakota State was easier than Crosby too. Probably five of the twenty-four periods were borderline rest. They gave us water in college practices too. 

All the good teams work year around. They go straight from football to offseason to 7 on 7 and Summer workouts which begin the week after school gets out and are often paid for by the school. Private trainers are commonplace. Were the kids at Foster working harder than you or did they just have more talent? All good teams expect to win, I know Crosby's kids do and their fans get accused of it all the time. 

7 hours ago, Trufan said:

Didn't share the article looking for a response.  I just knew someone would

respond the way you did. Always do. As far as this dude not being perfect, none of us are. We all sin. We all just have different ways of doing it. I could go on and on with this conversation and both of us would be telling the truth. We have both "personally " seen him in action.  You are fiercely loyal to your coach. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. The part I don't like is that if someone has a different opinion than you guys, you turn vicious. Lol. Arguing I with a fanatic is not my thing. As my screen name states I am a true fan of sports. I respect the good the bad and the ugly of sports.   I hope you guys have a great season ending with the state championship you value so much. 

I don't buy this. You were looking for a spat. 

Any potshots you have implied toward Coach Thompson is not a big deal, but the part that irks me is your dishonesty in claiming objectivity. That is the bigger motivation behind my response to you. 

31 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Regan?  Really?  Lol.  Ok...  

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

My cousin was a high school all-American and started 33 games at Texas, he said the same thing about North Shore's practices. Heck, I thought practice at South Dakota State was easier than Crosby too. Probably five of the twenty-four periods were borderline rest. They gave us water in college practices too. 

All the good teams work year around. They go straight from football to offseason to 7 on 7 and Summer workouts which begin the week after school gets out and are often paid for by the school. Private trainers are commonplace. Were the kids at Foster working harder than you or did they just have more talent? All good teams expect to win, I know Crosby's kids do and their fans get accused of it all the time. 

I don't know why you want to keep pointing to the Foster game. Foster has 2300 students to WO-S's 600. They had 74 players on their sidelines and we had 35 or so. There is no dishonor in admitting Foster was better than WO-S. I think WO-S could have made it a closer game, but the Mustangs did not play up to their ability that night. Even if they played their best, Foster still would have won. They had more size and were equal in speed at the skill positions. The true WO-S fans who saw the game understand this and believe the better team won that game. End of story. What's the big deal?

Why did Crosby decline to play WO-S more than once in the last two seasons? Why was Crosby weak in their scrimmage against Nederland? You and your team have bigger issues. 

This cat TrueFan is clueless , CT left that program because he had an agreement with the school board on how he would run his program . But the board bowed to parents after practices started . Left him with no choice but to leave.

And as far as WOS's winning tradition , it's exactly what Kicker stated . Many other teams in Setx have similar and even better talent , so what's the difference . The program , hard work and discipline . These kids grow up winning and expect no less.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You have include teams with talent though. Last one of those they played they lost by 28. They dwarf the talent level in 4A-D2 though. 

Interesting. WO-S played only one good team last year. Thanks for that "west of the Trinity" perspective. 

Well, we offered to play a team with talent...Crosby...at least you think they have talent. But, after watching their scrimmage with Nederland, well... 

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, runner up to Lamar. Lol, Reagan's corners alone have 32 offers between them and they're not even best players on defense. 

What a coincedence, we play their little lil brothers this week out of their district. Heights got a bunch of transfers over the summer. Head scratching score versus Travis. 

10 minutes ago, griff said:

I don't know why you want to keep pointing to the Foster game. Foster has 2300 students to WO-S's 600. They had 74 players on their sidelines and we had 35 or so. There is no dishonor in admitting Foster was better than WO-S. I think WO-S could have made it a closer game, but the Mustangs did not play up to their ability that night. Even if they played their best, Foster still would have won. They had more size and were equal in speed at the skill positions. The true WO-S fans who saw the game understand this and believe the better team won that game. End of story. What's the big deal?

Why did Crosby decline to play WO-S more than once in the last two seasons? Why was Crosby weak in their scrimmage against Nederland? You and your team have bigger issues. 

They're named Ned, Reagan, Angleton and Manvel. District champ Ned, 6A runner-up Reagan, quarterfinalist Angleton and three-time consecutive 6A quarterfinalist Manvel. You can't be serious? Unlike you, people around he state don't think Crosby has an issue which is why our ranking didn't change much. Yeah, we have big issues losing by 14 to the #4 team in the state, who has even more kids than Foster right now. 

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

They're named Ned, Reagan, Angleton and Manvel. District champ Ned, 6A runner-up Reagan, quarterfinalist Angleton and three-time consecutive 6A quarterfinalist Manvel. You can't be serious? Unlike you, people around he state don't think Crosby has an issue which is why our ranking didn't change much. Yeah, we have big issues losing by 14 to the #4 team in the state, who has even more kids than Foster right now. 

Well, you're off to a good start losing to a team with talent. We all know those rankings are super accurate and always give the complete story. 

I know what I saw on film when Crosby scrimmaged Nederland. Crosby doesn't have too much to boast about. At least you can look forward to beating the powerhouse teams of CE King, Porter, Kingwood Park, Galena Park, Humble, and Barber's Hill in district. That should really solidify that ranking that you're proud of.  

Why cant a thread just stay with the topic? WHY does it always end up about Crosby? As for Cornel, his results speak for themselves. Most that have never won, or have never wet a jock  will never understand. Football isnt for everyone, and you can bet Palestine wasn't hungry enough or ready for what coach had for sale. 

8 minutes ago, outanup said:

Why cant a thread just stay with the topic? WHY does it always end up about Crosby? As for Cornel, his results speak for themselves. Most that have never won, or have never wet a jock  will never understand. Football isnt for everyone, and you can bet Palestine wasn't hungry enough or ready for what coach had for sale. 

True. 'Sorry I got distracted.

I think I hear the warden (WOSGrad) walking down the corridor ringing his keys. 

Somebody called?

I guess since this one has gotten off of track I guess it is time to bring this to a close.  It seems that I am having to do this quite often.

But before doing so, 14.2 would be well served to heed a tweet that Coach Riordan himself just made:

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

“When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom.” Proverbs 11:2

Good evening, folks!