STATS fast TRAX

Stattrax

Just my take on the PNG -Silsbee game... Overall, I think both teams have a ton of room for improvement..

But my take on the NDNS.........

Offensive line blocked much better than I expected. The QB at times showed flashes of greatness. I think we all know and expect R.J. to be a stud for the next 3 years. He will only get better with time. I do like the fact BF showed a lot of trust in him throwing the ball early and often. The running game was good as well. The running back is quick, and as a junior, will only get better with game time. Once he starts hitting the holes quicker and sharper, the sky will be the limit. The W.R. core caught some difficult passes and from what I remember did not have many or any drops. I think the play calling was vanilla and that is much expected for the first game. I would rate the offensive side of the ball a solid B..... With weeks to improve and a few players getting healthy, I think the offense will be able to move the ball if it is rhythm at any given time.

Defensively, we played exactly how i expected. Tackling was average, and we lack team speed and size. However, minus a few players, most of the time the defenders made correct reads and put themselves in a position to make a tackle. The safety played well for a first time starter. LL by far, is the best LB on the field, what he lacks in size he makes up for in heart. That's the kind of kid you want on your side of the ball. However I did notice he was having to make adjustments to the D on several key situations trying to get the other L.B.s in the right position. Hopefully this issue will be corrected by next week. I think KM at DE will help in key situations, as long as he is rested for the offensive side of the ball. IMO, the D.L. played good as a unit, but once the RB broke through the D.L, our LB core was out of position most of the night, with exception of the LB listed by name above. The cornerbacks, playing way off the ball, heads to the receiver, backs to the QB, makes it extremely difficult to defend, especially with the height disadvantage. These issues can be corrected throughout the week in order to be more efficient week 2. Overall, I would rate the D a solid C... I think with adjustments, and possibly, a few additions in key spots, the D can be enough to win games in the district.

Special teams. I would imagine if the special teams coach has any arse left, he will get his guide to special teams and figure out how to get kids in the right position and in the right alignments. I do not know the stats, but we missed a bunch of opportunities to add points on the board.... The kicker appears to have a leg, so that is a positive in the big scheme. Overall rating of a D- for the special teams.

All in all for a first game, I think BF did a good job with a lot of younger players of being prepared, and orchestrating the game plan that was laid out. Its hard to rate a game because the difference between 5.A. and 4.A. is tremendous, unless WOS is the 4.A. team. But I do think Silsbee was a formidable week 1 game. With some improvements, I still think we can be a playoff tea along with PAM, Nederland, and Central. The coaching staff did a great job in putting together a simple plan to build confidence and get us on the way to week 2. So, here it is.... Good job BF......

15 minutes ago, NDNation said:

LOL Copy Cat...or mouse.

Stattrax

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Stattrax
  • Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationBleeding PURPLE... Because thats what I DO!!!

Posted 20 Sep 2015 (edited) · Report post

Well here are my thoughts so far, feel free to add your opinions.

The loss of Rembert will hurt, but I think we have a few kids that can step up and help lead the defense.

We will need to cut down on turnovers and penalties in order to beat the better teams in district.

On the offensive side, the passing game is getting better, we will need to cut down on the dropped passes.

On the defensive side, so far we have played better than what we did last year, if we can be opportunistic and keep creating turnovers we will give ourselves a chance to win.

The kicking game is much improved over last year.

Coaching has been good, I think the staff will need to make on the fly adjustments during district in order to pull out some important wins.

In the nutshell, at this point in the season, I think we are improving with alot of upside. If we can get some momentum going, I still think we can compete for the DC. With the Improvement of Ozen and GCM and VIdor, I think it will be interesting week by week. You have to always look at Central as a contender because of the talent level.. And of course Nederland will always be the road you have to travel in order to win it.. 

Food for thought:: Be ready for Neauman to throw a curveball in MCM. IMO he will utilize Krautz during that game with the hopes of beating us with him alone.. He will either gimmick up his defense, possibly run a 50, or some type of change we have not seen. I would expect to see Krautz run out of the wildcat as well. All of these things should be out on the table in preparation so we do not look like a deer caught in headlights if it happens. I would think that he will look at the WOS game and utilize some of the same things. Including taking Giblin out of the game. These are just a few things that could possibly happen..

Areas of improvement:

Line Play on both sides.

Running game.

Slot reciever play.

Coaching Adjustments.

Grades after 3 games:

Offense:                          B+

Defense:                         B+

Special Teams:               A

Coaching:                       B

Fan Support:                  A

Uniforms:                       B-

Players to Keep your eye on:  Morse, Giblin, Hauk, Girourd, Lejune, Morris, Anniboli

Edited 20 Sep 2015 by Stattrax
Mr. Buddy Garrity likes this

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Thats one ugly helmet for an avatar, looks like its for losers of the 2016 Pickems Contest. Lol

I agree... Must get old for you having to look at the 2015 Pick em Champion helmet post after post after post........

9 minutes ago, NDNation said:

BG's gonna forget to do his sketchy switches or miss the deadline and get stuck on the bottom. He cut it close last week.

Nah, I asked what the deadline was. I was a lil busy, it would have been on there an hour earlier. That wont happen again. 

3 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Just my take on the PNG -Silsbee game... Overall, I think both teams have a ton of room for improvement..

But my take on the NDNS.........

Offensive line blocked much better than I expected. The QB at times showed flashes of greatness. I think we all know and expect R.J. to be a stud for the next 3 years. He will only get better with time. I do like the fact BF showed a lot of trust in him throwing the ball early and often. The running game was good as well. The running back is quick, and as a junior, will only get better with game time. Once he starts hitting the holes quicker and sharper, the sky will be the limit. The W.R. core caught some difficult passes and from what I remember did not have many or any drops. I think the play calling was vanilla and that is much expected for the first game. I would rate the offensive side of the ball a solid B..... With weeks to improve and a few players getting healthy, I think the offense will be able to move the ball if it is rhythm at any given time.

Defensively, we played exactly how i expected. Tackling was average, and we lack team speed and size. However, minus a few players, most of the time the defenders made correct reads and put themselves in a position to make a tackle. The safety played well for a first time starter. LL by far, is the best LB on the field, what he lacks in size he makes up for in heart. That's the kind of kid you want on your side of the ball. However I did notice he was having to make adjustments to the D on several key situations trying to get the other L.B.s in the right position. Hopefully this issue will be corrected by next week. I think KM at DE will help in key situations, as long as he is rested for the offensive side of the ball. IMO, the D.L. played good as a unit, but once the RB broke through the D.L, our LB core was out of position most of the night, with exception of the LB listed by name above. The cornerbacks, playing way off the ball, heads to the receiver, backs to the QB, makes it extremely difficult to defend, especially with the height disadvantage. These issues can be corrected throughout the week in order to be more efficient week 2. Overall, I would rate the D a solid C... I think with adjustments, and possibly, a few additions in key spots, the D can be enough to win games in the district.

Special teams. I would imagine if the special teams coach has any arse left, he will get his guide to special teams and figure out how to get kids in the right position and in the right alignments. I do not know the stats, but we missed a bunch of opportunities to add points on the board.... The kicker appears to have a leg, so that is a positive in the big scheme. Overall rating of a D- for the special teams.

All in all for a first game, I think BF did a good job with a lot of younger players of being prepared, and orchestrating the game plan that was laid out. Its hard to rate a game because the difference between 5.A. and 4.A. is tremendous, unless WOS is the 4.A. team. But I do think Silsbee was a formidable week 1 game. With some improvements, I still think we can be a playoff tea along with PAM, Nederland, and Central. The coaching staff did a great job in putting together a simple plan to build confidence and get us on the way to week 2. So, here it is.... Good job BF......

As a whole you may have read my mind..... I wish we had a few more LL on defense it would be hard to score any points against a defense like that

that about sums it up, linebackers were out of place most of the night. Special teams on the extra points im not quite sure why they were setting up like that, im thinking gimmick two point conversion I dunno.  Our linebackers need to get it together which I think they will as the season progresses. We had a lot of defensive penalties that kept their drives alive because of lack of size with or cbs. the taller receivers will give us fits lol

The CB situation can be fixed with coaching. Call in Pat Fischer if need be.... If you are going to run with your back to the QB you need to be able to anticipate what the WR is doing and you better take away the dominate hand of the WR from the get go. That leaves only the jump ball that you cannot cover.. And honestly thats a 50/50 ball anyway... Its been done for years... Might need to look at running a cover 2 at all times... If need be on passing situations drop into a Tampa 2 and roll LL into essentially a cover 3.... Just my 2 cents.... I make more money not coaching.. So......... It is what it is!!!!!

33 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

The CB situation can be fixed with coaching. Call in Pat Fischer if need be.... If you are going to run with your back to the QB you need to be able to anticipate what the WR is doing and you better take away the dominate hand of the WR from the get go. That leaves only the jump ball that you cannot cover.. And honestly thats a 50/50 ball anyway... Its been done for years... Might need to look at running a cover 2 at all times... If need be on passing situations drop into a Tampa 2 and roll LL into essentially a cover 3.... Just my 2 cents.... I make more money not coaching.. So......... It is what it is!!!!!

Coach Pat Fischer was my DB coach at PN-G. He was a damn good DB coach as well as DC.