Katy Tompkins @ Beaumont Central

Alpha Wolf

1st time ever meeting between the 2 schools.  Tompkins is a rather new 6A school in 19-6A that finished 3-7 last year.  The Falcons lost to Humble 42-18 in week 1 while the Jaguars came up short against West Brook 33-21.  Both schools come into the 6:30 pm Saturday kickoff at the Thomas center looking for a win.  Predictions?

This will be a good litmus test Central. Humble just went into Rhodes Stadium and held Tompkins to 96 yards while racking up almost 400 rushing yards on them. Humble is our version of Central so it will be interesting to see how they perform. Central already has a huge advantage having Tompkins make the two hour trip to the Golden Triangle.   

25 minutes ago, liltex said:

Big/little Katy ISD team,more numbers but won't match Centrals speed.Gimme Jags by 14 till the O gels a bit more

I'm with you on that one. I'm not given up on Central yet. One game doesn't defile this team .WB game to many mental mistakes that can b corrected. A couple wins everything will look different.  

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I wanna see if Central has taken the Bi-polar BISD Team moniker away from WB. Also would like to see a lil flexbone action. No floating ducks. 

The Flex didn't show its face this past weekend.  Might be waiting until district, won't be the 1st time...

4 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Central will win relatively easy. They will be able to run the ball at will. It will be interesting to see if the Jags can find some semblance of a passing game.

I agree, just enough at least to keep defenses from stacking up at the line of scrimmage...

We should run it as our base offense...  In 2008, we did it.  The qb, then was Richards...  H wasn't that great of a passer, but he completed passes to keep the defense honest...  I mean, it's hard to miss a receiver that's single coverage due to the box being stacked or a wide open player because they were sucked in on the playfake...

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...it needs to all be together because district starts next week and there's no bye week to prepare...  

We get to scout yall two Saturdays in a row, after our game this week and our BYE Week next week. Whoever created our schedule is a genius!